Tired of making apple pies for Christmas, but you still wanna make an apple dessert? Then, you should try making Gordon Ramsay’s apple crumble. The apple filling is sweet and tangy and is topped with a crumbly, sweet flour and granola mixture. Now, you don’t have to worry about making pie dough and cooking the apples to perfection.
The apple crumble is one of the easiest Christmas desserts ever. It’s also Gordon Ramsay approved. The preparations needed are basic, the ingredients are easily accessible, and the recipe is easy to follow. The flavors are not that complex. This dessert can be categorized in the comfort food section.
The cinnamon in the filling and topping serves the purpose of Christmas spice. The topping mainly constitutes flour, granola, and sugar. You can also use muesli instead of granola. Enough of the small talk; let’s move to the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s apple crumble. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Cake
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Bread And Butter Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Mince Pies
- Gordon Ramsay Hot Bananas
- Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu
- Gordon Ramsay Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Coconut Pancakes
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tarts
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble?
- Oven– After cooking the apples and topping them with the crumble, bake the dessert in the oven.
- Bowl– Make the topping by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Grater, Knife, and Spoon– Grate the apples with a grater, chop them with a knife, and stir everything using a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble?
For The Crumble Mixture
- Apples– Grate half of the apples and chop half of them. This distribution gives the dessert an even taste of the apples. The grated apples blend well and the chopped apples make the apple crumble a bit chunky.
- Dried Cranberries– Cranberries add a tang shock to the dessert.
- Vanilla Pod– You only need the vanilla seeds and not the pod. Give the apple filling a sweet fragrance by adding freshly scraped vanilla seeds to the mix.
- Caster Sugar– Caramelize the sugar and then add the apples to it. This makes the apples even sweet.
- Lemon Zest and Juice– The lemon zest and the juice adds aromatic, fresh, and tangy flavors.
- Ground Cinnamon– A pinch of cinnamon adds a sharp, earthy, and sweet taste to it.
For The Crumble Topping
- Plain Flour– The plain flour acts as the base ingredient for the crumble topping.
- Nutty Granola– The nutty granola makes the topping crumbly and adds crunch to it.
- Butter– The butter helps slightly bind the ingredients.
- Demerara Sugar– The sugar caramelizes when baked and makes the top slightly glazed and golden.
- Ground Cinnamon– Just a pinch of cinnamon for that Christmassy flavor.
- Cherries – Top the crumble with some cheeries.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble
1. Prepare The Crumble
take a large bowl and add flour, sugar, butter, and ground cinnamon to it. Using your fingers, mix the ingredients until it becomes crumbly and looks like breadcrumbs. Then, add the granola to it and mix until combined.
2. Carmaleize The Apples
Heat the pan by placing it on the hob, add caster sugar to it and caramelize for about 5 minutes. Moving forward, add vanilla seeds, ground cinnamon, and the grated Apples to it. Cook it for about 1-2 minutes. After that, add the chopped apples, cranberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice to it. Stir it and remove the baking dish from heat.
3. It’s Baking Hot
By using your hands, scatter the mixture over the caramelized apples. Place the baking dish in the oven that has been preheated to 200℃. Bake it for about 12-13 minutes. Take it out when its top looks golden and crumbly. Top It with cherries or some cranberries. Allow the dish to cool down a bit and serve it while it’s still warm.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble Look And Taste Like?
The crumble looks golden and glazed, with a few apples peeking out. The top has a crumbly texture as well. It is sweet and has a hint of cinnamon. The filling, on the other hand, offers intense flavors. It is sweet and tangy with sweet, overpowering fragrances of vanilla and cinnamon. The lemon zest and juice add a tang freshness. The apples are covered in caramelized sugar, so they taste very sweet. The crumbly top balances the apple filling. This fruit-based dessert is also very heavy and you can easily help yourself with another serving. Now, that’s what I call a Merry Christmas.
Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Non-Stick Pan
- 6 Apples (cored, unpeeled) (3 grated, 3 chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1 Vanilla Pod (seeds only)
- 6 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
For The Crumble Topping
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 4 tablespoons Nutty Granola
- 50 g Butter (chilled, cubed)
- 2 tablespoons Demerara Sugar
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- First, prepare the topping for the crumble. Take a large bowl and add flour, sugar, butter, and the ground to it. Use your fingers to mix these ingredients until it becomes crumbly.
- Then, add the granola to it and mix until combined well.
- Preheat the oven at 200℃.
- Take a pan, add caster sugar to it and caramelize it for about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla seeds, ground cinnamon, and the grated apples to it. Cook it for about 1-2 minutes.
- After that, add the chopped apples, cranberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice to it. Stir it and remove the pan from heat.
- Using your hands, scatter this mixture over the apple mixture and place the pan over the heat again. When the apple mixture starts bubbling, take the pan off the heat.
- Now place this apple mixture in a baking dish and put the topping over the apple mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake it for about 12 minutes. Take it out when it looks golden and baked from the top. Allow it to cool a bit and serve it warm.
- Allow it to cool a bit and serve it warm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do you make Gordon Ramsay Apple crumble?
For making copycat Gordon Ramsay apple crumble, just caramelize the sugar with apples and prepare the toppings. For the crumble topping, in a bowl add flour, sugar, butter, and the ground cinnamon. Mix the elements together until it becomes crumbly and looks like breadcrumbs. Then, add the granola to it and mix until combined. Bake the caramelized with the crumble topping for 10 minutes.
2. What type of apple is best for apple crumble?
Gordon Ramsay uses Granny Smith Apples for making apple crumble.
3. What is crumble topping made of?
Apple crumble toppings include flour, butter, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, apples, nutty granola, and ground cinnamon.
4. How do I stop my crumble from getting soggy?
Don’t overbake the apple crumble, it will not let it fall and get soggy.
So, now that you know how to make Gordon Ramsay’s apple crumble, do try and make it. If you do, tell me in the comments how well you liked it. I shall take your leave but you can explore other great recipes on our site. Bye-bye!