Tired of making apple pies for Christmas, but you still wanna make an apple dessert? Then, you should try making Gordon Ramsay’s apple crumble. The apple filling is sweet and tangy and is topped with a crumbly, sweet flour and granola mixture. Now, you don’t have to worry about making pie dough and cooking the apples to perfection.
The apple crumble is one of the easiest Christmas desserts ever. It’s also Gordon Ramsay approved. The preparations needed are basic, the ingredients are easily accessible, and the recipe is easy to follow. The flavors are not that complex. This dessert can be categorized in the comfort food section.
The cinnamon in the filling and topping serves the purpose of Christmas spice. The topping mainly constitutes flour, granola, and sugar. You can also use muesli instead of granola. Enough of the small talk; let’s move to the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s apple crumble. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas recipes.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Cake-Gordon ramsay’s christmas cake is a no-bake cake. It is made with a swiss roll dome filled with a delicious meringue cream. Just chill the cake to set and you’re set as well.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Pudding- Gordon ramsay’s Christmas pudding is made with delicious apples and dry fruits. You’ll also find a citrusy freshness because of mixed peel and zest. The spices add the Christmassy flavors to the pudding. This delicious pudding is a coming together of many amazing flavors.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Bread And Butter Pudding- Gordon Ramsay’s bread and butter pudding is an amazing dessert even though its names makes it sound dull. It is made with pain au chocolat that is covered in butter. It is then dipped in a rich mixture of cream, milk, and eggs and then baked to make a heavenly holiday pudding.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Mince Pies– Do you want to bake a different pie this Christmas? Then, bake Gordon Ramsay’s mince pies. These delicious pies are made with crispy pastry and a sweet mincemeat filling. The best part is that these pies can be stored for a longtime.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble?
- Hob-Proof Baking Dish– You need to place the baking dish over the hob to make the filling. So, if you don’t use a hob-proof baking dish, it might crack, or the apples and sugar might burn. This is because the baking dishes are usually made to endure even heat and a hob offers an uneven heat distribution.
- Oven– After cooking the apples and topping them with the crumble, bake the dessert in the oven.
- Bowl– Make the topping by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Grater, Knife, and Spoon– Grate the apples with a grater, chop them with a knife, and stir everything using a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble?
- Apples– Grate half of the apples and chop half of them. This distribution gives the dessert an even taste of the apples. The grated apples blend well and the chopped apples make the apple crumble a bit chunky.
- Dried Cranberries– Cranberries add a tang shock to the dessert.
- Vanilla Pod– You only need the vanilla seeds and not the pod. Give the apple filling a sweet fragrance by adding freshly scraped vanilla seeds to the mix.
- Caster Sugar– Caramelize the sugar and then add the apples to it. This makes the apples even sweet.
- Lemon Zest and Juice– The lemon zest and juice give the apples a tang and freshness.
- Ground Cinnamon– A pinch of cinnamon adds a sharp, earthy, and sweet taste to it.
For The Crumble Topping
- Plain Flour– The plain flour acts as the base ingredient for the crumble topping.
- Nutty Granola– The nutty granola makes the topping crumbly and adds crunch to it.
- Butter– The butter helps slightly bind the ingredients.
- Demerara Sugar– The sugar caramelizes when baked and makes the top slightly glazed and golden.
- Ground Cinnamon– Just a pinch of cinnamon for that Christmassy flavor.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble
1. Caramel and Apples
Heat the baking dish by placing it on the hob. Then, add caster sugar to it and caramelize it for about 5 minutes. Then, add vanilla seeds, ground cinnamon, and the grated apples to it. Cook it for about 1-2 minutes.
After that, add the chopped apples, cranberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice to it. Stir it and remove the baking dish from heat. Now that you have cooked the apples, make the crumble topping.
2. Crumbled At Top
Now, for the crumble topping, take a large bowl and add flour, sugar, butter, and the ground to it. Using your fingers, mix the ingredients until it becomes crumbly and looks like breadcrumbs. Then, add the granola to it and mix until combined well.
Use your hands to scatter this mixture over the apple mixture. Place the dish over the hob again. When the apple mixture starts bubbling, take the dish off the heat.
3. It’s Baking Hot
Place the baking dish in the oven that has been preheated to 200℃. Bake it for about 12-13 minutes. Take it out when its top looks golden and crumbly. Allow it to cool it a bit and serve it while it’s still warm.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble Look And Taste Like?
The crumble looks golden and glazed, with a few apples peeking out. The top has a crumbly texture as well. It is sweet and has a hint of cinnamon. The filling, on the other hand, offers intense flavors. It is sweet and tangy with sweet, overpowering fragrances of vanilla and cinnamon. The lemon zest and juice add a tang freshness. The apples are covered in caramelized sugar, so they taste very sweet. The crumbly top balances the apple filling. This fruit-based dessert is also very heavy and you can easily help yourself with another serving. Now, that’s what I call a Merry Christmas.
Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Crumble Recipe
- Hob-Proof Baking Dish
- Grater, Knife, and Spoon
- 6 Apples (cored, unpeeled) (3 grated, 3 chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1 Vanilla Pod (seeds only)
- 6 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
For The Crumble Topping
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 4 tablespoons Nutty Granola
- 50 g Butter (chilled, cubed)
- 2 tablespoons Demerara Sugar
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- First, preheat the oven at 200℃. Then, heat your hob-proof baking dish.
- While it’s still on the hob, add caster sugar to it and caramelize it for about 5 minutes. Then, add vanilla seeds, ground cinnamon, and the grated apples to it. Cook it for about 1-2 minutes.
- After that, add the chopped apples, cranberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice to it. Stir it and remove the baking dish from heat.
- Now, prepare the topping for the crumble. Take a large bowl and add flour, sugar, butter, and the ground to it. Use your fingers to mix these ingredients until it becomes crumbly. Then, add the granola to it and mix until combined well.
- Using your hands, scatter this mixture over the apple mixture and place the dish over the hob again. When the apple mixture starts bubbling, take the dish off the heat.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake it for about 12 minutes. Take it out when it looks golden and baked from the top. Allow it to cool a bit and serve it warm.
So, now that you know how to make Gordon Ramsay’s apple crumble, do try and make it. If you do, tell me in the comments how well you liked it. I shall take your leave but you can explore other great recipes on our site. Bye bye!