The recipe I will be sharing today is for goat stew. Good goat meat is a perfect meal with a perfect blend of flavors and spices. The goat stew that I will be sharing with you all today is a Filipino stew named Caldereta.
This goat stew originated in the Philippines. It is traditionally served on some occasions, pairing it with rice. This stew is a good healthy meal as it consists of vegetables as well as meat. It is a package of protein and nutrients.
To make goat stew, marinate the goat meat in vinegar, garlic, and soy sauce. Then, cook the meat in oil. Add onions, garlic, and red bell peppers to it. Then, add the marinade, beef stock, and tomato sauce to it. Lastly, add the vegetables and the seasonings and cook the stew for about 30 minutes.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Veal Francese– Veal is much healthier than beef as it has less fat and cholesterol. You can add some herbs of your choice like rosemary, garlic, thyme, or cloves while cooking. This will give make the veal spiced up and will enhance the flavor.
2. Lentil Stew– The stew embodies the smoothness of green vegetables, tanginess of tomatoes, edgy flavor of garlic, fiery touch of smoked paprika, and the richness of lentils.
3. Pressure Cooker Beef Stew– This easy-to-make Pressure Cooker Beef Stew is the perfect cold-weather comfort food. You can have this hearty stew on the table in under an hour from start to finish, but it’ll taste like you let it simmer all day.
4. Moroccan Stew– This Moroccan stew recipe is an outstanding combination of varied spices and vegetables, conspiring to make one of the best dishes you have ever tasted.
Goat Stew Recipe
- Large Pot
- 1 pound Bone-In Goat Meat (cut in large chunks)
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (1 cut in 1-inch squares)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 Potato (peeled and cut in large chunks)
- 1 Carrots (peeled and cut in large chunks)
- ½ cup Green Peas
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Add goat meat, vinegar, garlic, and soy sauce to a large bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1-8 hours. I suggest you keep it for 6 hours to get the maximum flavors. Once done, remove the meat chunks from the marinade and pat them dry using a paper towel. Reserve the leftover marinade.
- Take a large pot and heat vegetable oil in it over medium-high flame. Add the meat chunks to it and cook till the meat turn brown. This will take 10-15 minutes. Keep the cooked meat aside.
- Now, stir in onions, garlic cloves from the marinade, and red bell peppers. Cook them over medium heat till the onions turn translucent. Add tomato sauce and bring the mixture to cook over a minimum flame. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat to this mixture and also the reserved marinade with beef stock. Bring this all to boil and cover it for 30-40 minutes till the meat gets tender. Add potatoes, carrots, peas with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook till the vegetables get cooked for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.