Glenlivet is a single malt Scotch whisky brand that was established in 1824 at Moray, Scotland. Right now, the brand is owned by the French alcoholic beverage company Pernod Ricard.
It is currently the best selling single malt whisky in the United States and second biggest in the entire world. It is estimated the Glenlivet produces 6 million bottles per year, that is equal to 5,900,000 litres of Malt Scotch Whiskey.
If you’ve come to this article, then you must be searching for the latest Glenlivet prices on the internet. But besides the Glenvilet prices, I will also tell you all the varieties of Glenlivet whiskey and all the mixed drinks that you can create using it.
The Glenlivet prices depend on the size of the bottle you are buying. The company usually manufactures a 750ml bottle. You can buy Glenlivet from any of the supermarkets like Walmart, Walgreen, Costo, Target, CVS and more.
Similar to other whiskey brands, Glenlivet is also present in a variety of options and you can make a bunch of mixed drinks from it. But first, let’s check out the latest Glenlivet prices of 2020.
|Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky||750ml||$43.47|
|Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky||750ml||$30.45|
|Collection (12 Years Old, 15 Years Old, and 18 Years Old)||750ml (2.25l total)||$149.97|
|Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky||750ml||$41.99|
|Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky||750ml||$39.99|
|Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky||750ml||$42.99|
Similar to other whiskey brands, Glenlivet is present in a variety of options such as Founder’s Reserve, 12-Year-Old, 18-Year-Old, First Fill Selection, Peated Whisky Cask Finish, and many more. So let’s check all the different products of Glenlivet.
1) Founder’s Reserve
The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve has been created using the time-honoured distillation methods that he introduced so long ago. Made with water from the same crystal-clear mountain streams, in the same cold, pure air, The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve is as smooth and fruity as the whisky that first ran from the original copper pot stills. These unique, lantern-shaped copper stills, designed by the man himself, are not the only important tools in our distilling legacy. The traditional oak casks in which we mature the whisky give each expression its own distinct characteristics.
2) 12 Year Old
This whisky has been called a lot of things in its time: smooth, fruity, complex, sophisticated, entertaining, classic. The Original Malt Whisky Almanac says: “A first-class malt. One of the most popular malts in the world – deservedly so.” Representing The Glenlivet’s signature style, this classic malt is first matured in traditional oak, before spending time in American oak casks which impart notes of vanilla and gives the whisky it’s distinctive smoothness.
3) 15 Year Old
The 15 Year Old gets its distinctive rich and exotic character from a process of selective maturation in which a proportion of the spirit is matured in French oak casks. In fact, we at The Glenlivet were one of the first to use French oak for making Whisky, a technique that has since been imitated the world over. The Limousin oak we use is cut in France’s Dordogne region, where it’s often used to mature cognacs.
4) 18 Year Old
Over the course of 18 years our Master Distiller, Alan Winchester, takes this expression through a combination of cask types, including both first and second-fill American oak (for tropical fruitiness) and ex-sherry oak (for spicy complexity). The result of this deft navigation of the distilling arts is a gorgeous single malt that is complex, yet elegant and balanced.
5) 21 Year Old
Meticulously crafted over its 21 years, this whisky is put through a combination of hand-selected American oak and ex-sherry casks, which impart the distinctive flavour of dried fruits and a bold richness, vibrant intensity and long finish. Each cask is hand-selected and individually nosed and approved, and every batch has its own special nuances, making it a rare and unique liquid indeed.
6) 25 Year Old
Using some of the rarest of our whiskies, all of which have been aged for at least 25 years, this is a batch-produced whisky finished in ex-sherry butts. The team of Glenlivet selects each cask and monitor the whisky in its finishing process to make sure the Oloroso-soaked wood adds the subtlest sherry tones to an intense, silky and elegant whisky.
7) Nadurra Olorose
The Nàdurra range uses traditional 19th-century production methods to create inventive and original whiskies. This version is matured in first-fill Oloroso sherry oak casks from the Spanish region of Jerez. The sherry-soaked wood introduces the rich, sultry flavours of dried fruit and warm spice. Nàdurra Oloroso, like all expressions in the range, is bottled and released in small batches, and, unlike most modern whiskies, is non-chill filtered so has all the body you would expect from a whisky that has been drawn straight from the cask.
8) Nadurra First Fill Selection
This is a cask-strength single malt that represents the tradition of The Glenlivet. And unlike most modern whiskies, this one is non-chill filtered, so it’s very richly textured. It’s an expression that will appeal to the intrepid whisky lover. The Nàdurra First Fill Selection is also bottled at 48% for Travel Retail.
9) Nadurra Peated Whisky Cask Finish
Nàdurra family boldly draws its inspiration from The Glenlivet’s historic whisky-making traditions in which peat smoke was used to dry the malted barley, lending a smoky flavour to the whisky. Unlike its two siblings, the Nàdurra Peated Whisky is finished in casks that previously held heavily peated Scotch whisky, giving a gently smoky twist to the classic, smooth and fruity house style.
10) Master Distiller’s Reserve Small Batch
Released only in small batches, this exclusive expression features some of the finest and most rare whiskies that The Glenvilet distillery has to offer. The three different oak casks add layers of flavour, giving warmth, fruit and hints of spice. You might also detect syrupy peaches, orange marmalade, vanilla, ginger and liquorice. The smell is irresistible, and the finish is long and spicy.
11) Master’s Distiller’s Reserve
The cornerstone of the range, the Master Distiller’s Reserve showcases the approach perfectly: the traditional oak casks represent the classic style of The Glenlivet (ripe pear, gentle summary notes), while first-fill American oak provides depth and creaminess (coconut, soft fudge).
12) Master Distiller’s Reserve Solera Vatted
The Glenlivet Master Distiller’s Reserve range its truly exceptional character. Alan Winchester, our Master Distiller, first triple cask matures the spirit in traditional oak, American first-fill and ex-sherry casks.
Glenlivet Mixed Drinks
As with other upscale drink brands, you really do not want to mix Glenlivet with anything else. It is best consumed either neat or on the rocks. Once you start mixing it up, it loses its fine taste and you might as well just get a cheaper scotch for mixing. Regardless, we know that some people just love to make mixed drinks, so we’ve gathered a few recipes that will work well with Glenlivet.
I’ve told you all the different varieties of Glenlivet Malt Scotch Whiskey. You can make a selection of cocktails by using all those flavors. So without waiting more, let’s check out the latest Glenlivet cocktails.
- The Last King– This drink is made with 50ml The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 25ml spice-roasted pineapple syrup, and 20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Golden Storm– This drink is made with 50ml The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 20ml lemon juice, 25ml golden ginger syrup, and 120ml soda water.
- Carnivale– This drink is made with 50ml The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 10ml freshly squeezed lime juice, 120ml coconut water, and 2 dashes Amargo Chuncho.
- Ultimate Old Fashioned– This drink is made with 50ml The Glenlivet 18-year-old, 5 grams unrefined cane sugar, and 2 dashes perfect bitters blend.
- Full Scottish– This drink is made with 50ml The Glenlivet 15yr old, 20ml lemon juice, 15ml white port/ruby port, 5ml simple syrup, and 15ml orange marmalade.
- Punch– This drink is made with 3 Parts The Glenlivet 14-Year-Old, 1 Part orange juice, 1 Part lemon juice, 1 Part maple syrup, 1 Part ginger ale, and 48 Dashes Angostura Bitters.
- Spiced Spey Coffee– This drink is made with 40ml The Glenlivet 12-year-old, 15ml liquid chocolate, 10ml simple syrup, 75ml Americano coffee/ strong filter coffee, 1 small pinch cayenne pepper, and 40ml lightly whipped double cream.
- New Fashioned– This drink is made with 2 Parts The Glenlivet 14-Year-Old, 2 Dashes orange bitters, 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters, and 1/4 Part simple syrup.
- Orchard Shelter– This drink is made with 40ml The Glenlivet 12-year-old, 12.5ml fig liqueur, 10ml pear eau de vie, 2 dashes Peychaud bitters, 10ml lemon juice, and 10ml egg white/vegan foamer.
- Spiced Cider– This drink is made with 2 Parts The Glenlivet 14-Year-Old, 3 Parts apple cider, 1/4 Part lemon juice, and 1/4 Part honey water.
- Grain and Cane– This drink is made with 50ml The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 5 fresh raspberries, 15ml lemon, 5ml white balsamic vinegar, and 15ml simple syrup.
- Purple Rain– This drink is made with 2 Parts The Glenlivet 14-Year-Old, 1 Egg white, 3/4 Part simple syrup, 3/4 Lemon juice, and 3/4 Part red wine float.
- Winter Highball– This drink is made with 2 Parts The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 4 Parts vanilla sparkling water, and 1 Pink grapefruit wheel.
- Golden Storm– This drink is made with 1 Part The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 3/4 Part lemon juice, 1 Part golden ginger syrup, and 4 parts soda water.
- The Captain’s Quarter– This drink is made with 60ml The Glenlivet Captain’s Reserve, 30ml fresh red apple juice, 15ml green cardamom syrup, and 7.5ml Poire William Mint.
- Whiskey Smash– This drink is made with 2 Parts The Glenlivet 14YO, 3/4 Part simple syrup, 3 Lemon wedges, 4 Mint leaves, and Mint sprig garnish.
- Valley of the Beas– This drink is made with 50ml The Glenlivet 15-year-old, 7.5ml heather and honey syrup, and 1 dash aromatic bitters.
- Galentine’s Punch– This drink is made with 3 Parts The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 1 Part St. Germain, 2 Parts strawberry rose syrup, 1 Part lemon juice, and 15 dashes bitters.
- Claymore– This drink is made with 40ml The Glenlivet 12-year-old and 20ml Umeshu plum’s sake.
- Fall Highball– This drink is made with 2 Parts The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, 4 Parts apple sparkling water, and 1 Apple slice.