If you want to get in the holiday spirit, gingerbread cake is the best thing to go for. Also, you can go with the cake trend and try making Gordon Ramsay gingerbread bundt cake.
The gingerbread spice is not an unfathomable concoction that can’t be figured out. It is actually a simple mixture of spices. Just mix ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice.
This gives the cake a strong aroma and taste of spice. Even the glaze has some spice in it. So, you know you are getting the authentic gingerbread experience.
Gingerbread is one of the most traditional holiday flavors. Gingerbread to Christmas is what pumpkin spice is to Halloween. Don’t want to eggs to your cake? Here is a list of vegan egg substitutes for you.
You can also try chocolate gingerbread bundt cake. This version uses cocoa powder to give the cake a rich chocolate flavor, and it is often paired with a chocolate glaze or frosting.
You get the point, right? It’s kind of a big deal. So, let’s move to the recipe of gingerbread bundt and find out. But first, check out some other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Bangers And Mash
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Carpaccio
- Gordon Ramsay Dauphinoise
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Crusted Sea Bass With Minestrone And Clams
- Gordon Ramsay Tacos
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Carbonara
- Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Wellington
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass– The homemade spicy sauce with veggies, tomato sauce, lemon zest, and white wine is the soul of this recipe. Try this Israeli delicacy and you’ll love it for sure.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Tacos– Whether you are looking for a breakfast taco or the one with the spice kick of wasabi, this article has got you covered for all.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers-Looking for an easy way out to make amazing sea bass, then the recipe from Gordon Ramsay for sea bass fennel, lemon and capers is all you really need to go through.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
- Oven – Once the batter is in the pan, you’ll need to bake it in the oven. It wouldn’t be a cake if it wasn’t baked.
- Bundt Style Pan – It wouldn’t be a bundt cake if you bake it in a regular pan now, would it?
- Cooking Spray – Grease the bundt pan with cooking spray to avoid the batter from sticking.
- Wire Rack – Transfer the baked cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool.
- Large Bowls – You need the large bowl to mix the dry ingredients and another one to make the whole cake batter.
- Medium Bowl – You’ll need one to make the glaze.
- Spoon – You’ll need a spoon or two to mix everything up.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||55 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
For Gingerbread Spice Blend
- Ginger – Mix ginger in a bowl to add pungent and spicy smell with a slightly sweet and spicy taste.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon in the spice blend will add warm and distinctive flavor to the dessert.
- Nutmeg – Nutmeg in the spice blend will add nutty and slightly sweet with an intense spicy flavor to the dessert.
- Clove – Clove in the spice blend will add depth to the dessert.
- All Spice – Allspice in the spice blend will add slightly bitter, earthy, and fruity taste to the dessert and glaze.
For The Cake
- Molasses – Molasses is added as a sweetener to the cake.
- Eggs – Add eggs so that the cake is moist and fluffy.
- Unsalted Butter – Unsalted butter is used as you don’t want salty butter taste to overpower the sweetness and spice of the cake.
- Water – A little water will make the batter smooth.
- All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour is one of the main ingredients of the cake that becomes the medium for the other ingredients.
- Gingerbread Spice Blend – The blend is made with ginger, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, and allspice. It is what gives the gingerbread cake its distinct spicy flavor.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda will allow the cake to rise and become light and fluffy.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder is added to form bubbles in the wet mixture which will make your cake light and airy.
- Salt – A pinch of salt balances the sweetness of the cake.
- Brown Sugar – You can use regular sugar, but brown sugar goes well with the spice blend.
For The Glaze
- Rum – Rum gives richness to the glaze and makes it thick.
- Gingerbread Spice Blend – Add a little blend to the glaze as well to make it complement the cake.
- Granulated Sugar – This is rum and sugar glaze, after all. Add the sugar to remove most of the bitterness of the rum and make the glaze a sweet one.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Gingerbread Bundt Cake
1. Preparing The Batter
Bake the oven at 350 F. Grease the bundt pan with cooking spray. Stir together the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and ground cloves in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
Start by mixing the dry ingredients. Add the flour, gingerbread spice blend, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk them.
After that, add butter and sugar to another bowl and beat them until fluffy. Whisk the eggs one by one to the mixture and mix them. Add molasses to the mixture as well and stir it in.
Then, add the flour mixture in three parts to the wet mixture. Also, add a little bit of water to make the mixture smooth.
2. Baking The Cake
When the mixture is smooth, pour it into the greased bundt pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven.
Bake it for almost an hour at 350°F. When it is baked to perfection, take it out, and let it cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
3. Glaze It!
In a bowl, mix rum, gingerbread spice blend, and sugar. Your glaze is ready just like that. Place the bundt cake on a plate and brush the glaze over the cake.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
|Vitamin A||60 IU|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Gingerbread Bundt Cake Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay gingerbread bundt cake looks beautiful as it is shaped like a bundt pan. It looks beautifully brown because of the molasses, brown, and spice blend. It also smells like Christmas because of the gingerbread spice.
The molasses and brown sugar make the cake sweet and it has notes of all the spices. The glaze makes the cakes sweeter, but that is welcomed as it goes perfectly well. The cake is also very moist and fluffy.
The cake is soft and delicious with a strong taste of gingerbread spice blend. It is topped with a sugar glaze that moistens it. You should definitely try to make it.
Gordon Ramsay Gingerbread Bundt Cake Recipe
- Bundt Style Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Wire Rack
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
For Gingerbread Spice Blend
- 3 teaspoons Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Clove
- ½ teaspoon Allspice
For The Cake
- ½ cup Molasses
- 2 large Eggs
- 12 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Gingerbread Spice Blend
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cups Brown Sugar
For The Glaze
- ⅓ cup Rum (you can use Water if you want)
- ½ teaspoon Gingerbread Spice Blend
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- First and foremost, preheat the oven at 350°F. Also, keep the bundt pan prepared by greasing it beforehand.
- Stir together the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and ground cloves in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, add flour, gingerbread spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk them.
- In another bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Then, beat them until they are fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and beat them into the mixture. Add the molasses to it as well and stir it.
- Add the flour mixture into this mixture in three parts and mix well. Add some water to it and make the batter smooth.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake it for about an hour. Then, take it out and let it cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- After that, mix rum, sugar, and gingerbread spice blend in a bowl and brush the glaze over the cake. Your gingerbread bundt cake is ready!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a gingerbread bundt cake?
Gordon Ramsay gingerbread bundt cake is a type of cake that is made with gingerbread-flavored batter and baked in a bundt pan.
What are some common ingredients in Gordon Ramsay gingerbread bundt cake?
Most recipes for gingerbread bundt cake call for molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. Some recipes also include cloves and nutmeg.
What are some common variations of gingerbread bundt cake?
There are many different ways that you can vary a gingerbread bundt cake recipe. For example, you could add frosting or glaze, or decorate the top with candied fruit or nuts. You could also use different types of molasses or honey in the recipe to change the flavor slightly.
Why are bundt cakes so dry?
Overmixing cake batter can create dry, tough cakes, no matter what kind of cake you’re making. When adding flour and other dry ingredients to your cake batter, mix just until the batter is blended. Once the flour is no longer visible, your batter is likely ready.
Gordon Ramsay gingerbread bundt cake is moist with a deep flavor from the molasses and spices. It’s not too sweet, and has a nice balance of ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.
The key to a great gingerbread bundt cake is measuring the ingredients accurately, using fresh spices, and not overmixing the batter.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to bake a delicious gingerbread bundt cake that will impress your family and friends.