I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t love ice cream. Well, there are a variety of ways of ice cream, my favourite is Ginger Ice cream. It tastes delicious and is a go-getter for all ice cream’s lovers.
I happened to visit my friend’s place some years ago and her mother introduced me to this yummy Ginger Ice cream. I used to visit her home often and it was during this phase that I learnt the Ginger Ice cream recipe. I prepare it too often for my young siblings. No doubt, Ginger Ice cream is their favourite now.
The summertime is already here and you don’t have to venture outside to buy an ice cream while you can make it at your home. Homemade Ginger Ice cream has a divine taste. So, let’s check the Ginger Ice cream recipe which is quite easy to make.
Ingredients required for Ginger Ice cream Recipe
|Heavy Cream||2 cups|
|Whole milk||1 cup|
|Fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped||2 oz|
|Granulated sugar||3/4 cup|
|Large egg yolks||5|
|Pure vanilla extract||1/2 tbsp|
How much will it take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 minutes||1 hour 20 minutes||1 hour 40 minutes|
Ginger Ice cream Recipe
- Combine the cream, milk, ginger and half of the sugar in a heavy saucepan. Stir it and bring it to boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the ginger to infuse into milk and cream.
- Now reheat the mixture until it gets hot (don’t boil it).
- Now beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar in a bowl and beat to a homogeneous consistency.
- Into the yolk mixture, whisk about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture.
- Stir it well and put this egg yolk mixture into the remaining cream.
- Heat the mixture slowly over medium-low stirring continuously until it is thick enough and is able to coat spoon’s back evenly.
- Remove the custard from the heat and pass it through a sieve into a bowl which is set over rice.
- Stir in the cream.
- Stir the custard occasionally so that it reaches the room temperature, you can set this bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice water.
- Cover the bowl and let it freeze in an ice cream maker until it gets firm.
Nutritional information of Ginger Ice Cream
|Saturated fat||15 g|
|Vitamin A||970 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|