If you love to try different flavors of ice cream, and not just the traditional ones, I have just the ice cream flavor for you. Ginger ice cream is an out-of-the-box flavor. It is creamy and delicious, just like your regular ice cream, but with tones of ginger.
I happened to visit my friend’s place some years ago and her mother introduced me to this yummy ginger ice cream. I used to visit her home often and it was during this phase that I learned the ginger ice cream recipe. I prepare it often for my young siblings. No doubt, they love it as much as I do.
To make ginger ice cream, add cream, milk, sugar and ginger in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and remove it from heat, so ginger gets infused. Beat eggs and sugar until they’re homogeneous. Then, add 1/2 cup of the cream mixture and mix. Add the yolk mix in the saucepan and stir until thick. Strain through a sieve and refrigerate. Chill and then serve.
This was just a brief summary of the detailed recipe, which you’ll find scrolling down. We’ll go through the recipe in a systematic way, starting with the ingredients and moving on to other important information. But before you check out the full recipe, do have a look at these other ice cream recipes.
1. Chunky Monkey Ice Cream– Ben & Jerry’s is one of the most authentic ice cream chains in America and this Chunky Monkey ice cream is one of their original flavors. It is made from bananas with chocolate chunks and brownie bits.
2. Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich– Oreos are a fan favorite and are used as an addition to so many desserts. So, why not try to keep up with the trend and try to make the Oreo ice cream sandwich at home.
3. Green Tea Ice Cream– If you enjoy the refreshing taste of green tea, then you will love the creamy, sweet, yet sprightly taste of green tea ice cream. This delicious treat hits all the right notes and is fairly healthy, too.
4. Vitamix Ice Cream– Whether it is the summer season or winters, ice creams are always a delight and this Vitamix ice cream recipe is one of the most special ice cream recipes that you’ll learn.
Ingredients For Ginger Ice Cream
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 oz. fresh Ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
These are all the ingredients you’ll be needing. Gather them all and let’s see the table for the required time for this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Ginger Ice Cream?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes||1 Hour 40 Minutes|
This is the amount of time you’ll need to make the ginger ice cream. Now that we have all the required information, let’s start with following the steps to make this recipe.
Steps To Make Ginger Ice Cream
- In a heavy saucepan, add the cream, milk, ginger and half of the sugar. Stir it and bring it to boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the ginger to infuse into milk and cream.
- Now, reheat the mixture until it gets hot but don’t boil it.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar to a homogeneous consistency.
- Into this yolk mixture, whisk about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture.
- Stir it well and put this egg yolk mixture into the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture slowly over medium-low, stirring continuously until it is thick enough to coat a spoon’s back evenly.
- Remove the custard from the heat and pass it through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir the custard occasionally so that it reaches room temperature; you can set this bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice water.
- Cover the bowl and let it freeze in an ice cream maker until it gets firm.
Your ginger ice cream is ready! Now, let’s check the nutritional content of this ice cream in the table below.
Nutritional information Of Ginger Ice Cream
Here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
|Saturated fat||15 g|
|Vitamin A||970 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
How to Make Ginger Ice Cream at Home | Video
If the steps are too much for you, here is a similar video for this recipe, to help you absorb it better. Check it out!
This was it about this recipe! Try to make it at home and tell me if you fell in love with it. I also welcome suggestions and would like to help you with any queries. Just leave them in the comments and I’ll my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, happy eating!