Are you planning to have a dinner party with your loved ones? Adding fancy and refreshing cocktails is always a good plan. You can serve them at a formal dinner setting or just a fun weekend night with your friends. Apart from the usual sodas or juices you can give to the guests, here are a few cocktail recipes you can make when you invite them over:
Gin And Tonic
Gin and tonic is a classic drink that’s easy to make with a light taste. As stated, it has 2 ingredients, making this cocktail a simple yet refreshing drink. You might want to make some at home when your friends come over. Here, you have a recipe to recreate this well-loved cocktail mix using the best gin in Australia:
- You need to gather all ingredients for your cocktail. Prepare tonic water, ice cubes, lime juice, lime wedge, and of course, gin.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes, 2 ounces of your chosen gin, and pour 6 ounces of tonic water to taste. Stir the cocktail to combine all ingredients. However, don’t stir too much as you might lose the tonic’s carbonation.
- Garnish your drink with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Aside from gin and tonic, a Martini is also a classic cocktail you can make at the comfort of your home. You can make it with vodka or even gin, but the recipe below will teach you how to make a martini using gin.
- As always, make sure to gather the needed ingredients to create this concoction. These include the gin, dry vermouth, and lemon twists or olives for the garnish.
- In your choice of glass, add the ice cubes, gin, and slowly pour vermouth depending on the taste you want to achieve. Stir the beverage for 20 seconds. Use a strainer to serve the cocktail into a pre-chilled glass.
- Decorate your martini with olives or a lemon twist. If you’re feeling fancy, why not add both? Now, you can enjoy your drink.
Nothing can go wrong with a glass of gin fizz cocktail. This iconic drink from the 1870s has a perfect sweetness balanced with a hint of lemon and botanical taste. What’s more perfect? You can make this in less than five minutes.l
- The ingredients for this concoction are 2 ounces of gin, freshly squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup, club soda, and an egg white.
- In a shaker, pour the lemon juice, gin, and egg white. Dry-shake the contents vigorously for 20 seconds. Dry-shake means using the shaker without ice.
- The next step is to add four ice cubes and shake all the contents until its well-chilled. Pour into a chilled glass and finish it with a club soda.
You can top your gin with a lime peel or lemon. Serve and enjoy!
Negroni is an Italian cocktail made from equal amounts of sweet vermouth, Campari, and gin. It’s quite a simple drink but a refreshing one. Check this simple recipe to recreate your negroni at home.
- In a pre-chilled cocktail glass, pour all the equally-parted ingredients with ice cubes. You also have the option to add them into a shaker with ice.
- If you used a cocktail shaker, use a strainer before pouring the drink into a glass.
- Top your drink with an orange twist for a pop of color.
If you love a glass of martini, the Gibson cocktail is another version of this beverage but with a twist. It’s an incredible drink, and here’s its recipe:
- Make sure you have 2 1/2 ounces of gin, 1/2 ounce of dry vermouth, and 2 to 4 cocktail onions.
- In a shaker or mixing glass, add the ice cubes, pour in the gin, and top it with dry vermouth. Shake or stir it well. Use a strainer and fill your glass with the Gibson cocktail.
- Decorate your beverage with cocktail onions. You can add up to 4 depending on what you prefer.
Adding the classic Gimlet to your dinner menu can make the night complete. It’s a refreshing drink that can be made using a gin or vodka as its base. The alcohol base will be the gin for this recipe as it complements the lime.
- Add your ice cubes and pour two ounces of gin in a cocktail shaker. Next, add the freshly squeezed lime juice plus 3/4 ounce of simple syrup.
- Stir using a cocktail spoon and strain into a pre-chilled glass.
- Top it off with a lime wedge or cucumber wheel. Enjoy!
Curating your drinks at home seems complicated, but it’s not. As you’ve followed these five recipes, your dinner parties with family and friends are now made better. Elevate your meals with a glass or two of your favorite beverages.
You can experiment on what other ingredients to add per recipe, as it’ll depend on your liking. Make sure to have fun, enjoy the company of your guests, and have a great night to remember!