Add a tantalizing treat to your Thanksgiving dinner! Toss the crispy golden bread with horseradish vinaigrette and Garrotxa cheese. Serve Garrotxa bread salad on your Thanksgiving dinner. I guarantee you! You’re gonna watch your guests swoon over this salad. It’s a no-fuss recipe and a cheese lover’s dream!
Garrotxa bread salad has crispy bread pieces dressed in horseradish vinaigrette. Horseradish vinaigrette has honey, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and salt. The Garrotxa cheese and membrillo add more flavor to the salad and give it a nice sweet and savory twist.
If you don’t have Garrotxa cheese, you can add Spanish cheese or Manchego. So, get ready to have a forkful bliss of a crispy Thanksgiving salad.Check out the lists of ingredients and equipment below. Make sure you have all of these available with you and then, we’ll move on to the recipe instructions. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the chef delight section of our blog.
1. Shaved Cauliflower Salad– Shaved cauliflower salad has thin cauliflower florets filled with the flavors of Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. This salad is topped with grated parmesan cheese and is seasoned with salt and pepper. It’s a simple yet scrumptious salad to be enjoyed at a holiday feast.
2. Scallion Salad– Have you tried a simple salad with a twist of Korean BBQ flavors? If not, then Scallion salad is the one you should try. This salad has thin white and green scallion strips tossed in rice vinegar dressing. It’s mildly flavored with sugar and is topped with chopped cilantro.
3. Antipasto Salad– Antipasto salad is an Italian salad. It’s a delicious chorus of pasta, veggies, and meat. Cheese and pepperoni added to this salad add more fun and flavor to this salad. It’s dressed with mouth-watering flavors of oregano, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
4. Holiday Fruit Salad With Marshmallows– Holiday fruit salad with marshmallows is a delicious holiday salad. It has sweet and sour fruits combined with marshmallows. It’s mixed with sour cream dressing and sweetened shredded coconut. This salad is perfect to be enjoyed at holiday dinners.
What Equipment Will You Need For Garrotxa Bread Salad?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to combine all the salad ingredients. You can use a small bowl to make the salad dressing (horseradish vinaigrette).
- Roasting Pan- You’ll need a roasting pan to toast the bread pieces.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to mix the bread, Garrotxa cheese, salad dressing, and membille.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to stir in the ingredients for a smooth salad dressing.
- Baking Sheet- Line a baking sheet on the roasting tray to toast the bread pieces.
- Oven- Oven is essential equipment to toast the bread for the salad.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Garrotxa Bread Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Garrotxa Bread Salad?
- Ciabatta bread- A half loaf of ciabatta bread is enough for the salad. Cut it into one-inch pieces before using them in the recipe.
- Olive oil- Use about four tablespoons of olive oil in the recipe. You’ll need olive oil to toast the bread and for salad dressing.
- Kosher salt- Add kosher salt to enhance the taste of the salad.
- Pepper- Use freshly ground black pepper to add more heat to the salad and make it a bit spicy.
- Horseradish- Drain two tablespoons of horseradish for the salad. It gives a sharp spicy taste to the salad.
- White wine vinegar- Add white wine vinegar to the salad to give it blends all flavors and intensifies the taste of the salad.
- Dijon mustard- Add mustard flavor to the salad by adding Dijon mustard to the salad dressing.
- Honey- A teaspoon of honey will give a subtly sweet flavor to the salad.
- Vegetable oil- Add two teaspoons of vegetable oil into the salad dressing to have a nice texture for the salad dressing.
- Membrillo- Cut out small pieces of membrillo (or quince paste). It gives a mildly sweet flavor to the salad.
- Garrotxa cheese- Add four ounces of Garrotxa cheese to the salad to give a savory and tangy flavor with a hint of mild sweetness to the salad.
- Baby arugula- Serve this Garrotxa bread salad with baby arugula leaves.
Steps To Make Garrotxa Bread Salad
1. Toast the bread in the oven
Place the bread pieces on the roasting pan lined with a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the pieces and season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss the bread to coat it with the oil and seasoning spices. Bake them for about 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven (375 F). Let the bread slices turn crispy and golden brown.
2. Prep the salad dressing
Take a small bowl and combine vinegar with horseradish, mustard, honey, and two tablespoons of olive oil (along with vegetable oil). Whisk the mixture into a smooth salad dressing.
3. Toss all the elements together and serve
In a large bowl, toss Garrotxa cheese and Membrillo with toasted bread, arugula, and salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Vitamin A||293 IU|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
How Will Garrotxa Bread Salad Look and Taste?
Finally! Our Garrotxa bread salad is ready! This delicious Thanksgiving salad has bite-sized pieces of crispy golden bread, membrillo, and Garrotxa cheese. This delicious trio is flavored with horseradish vinaigrette. The salt and pepper seasoning enhances the flavors present in the salad. Serve this hearty salad with arugula on the Thanksgiving dinner. Happy Thanksgiving!
Garrotxa Bread Salad Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- Baking Sheet
- 1/2 loaf Ciabatta Bread (1-inch slices)
- 4 ounces Garrotxa Cheese (finely grated)
- 2 ounces Membrillo (quince paste)
- Baby Arugula (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish (drained)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place bite-sized bread pieces over baking sheet on the roasting tray. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss the bread pieces to combine with oil and seasoning spices. Bake them in the preheated oven (375 F) for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, horseradish, and honey in a bowl. Drizzle in vegetable oil while continuously whisking the mixture. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and whisk again.
- Take a large bowl, toss in toasted bread with salad dressing (horseradish vinaigrette), Garrotxa cheese, and membrillo. Add arugula and toss again to coat the salad with horseradish vinaigrette. Season it with salt and pepper if needed, to with grated Garrotxa cheese and serve.
How was the salad? Tell me in the comments below. Don’t forget to try other recipes as well.