When we hear the word cake, we usually think of bread with lots of cream loaded over it, something that is too sweet, something that is unhealthy for our body. But what if I tell you that there is a cake that you can have without even ditching your low-carb healthy diet.
Yes, you heard it right, a cake recipe that has low-carbs. I am talking about the Garden Harvest Cake. I learned this recipe from my mother when I was a kid. She made this cake for me on my birthday and after eating it, I loved it so much that I learned how to make this Garden Harvest Cake.
And the reason why I was attracted so much towards this cake is because of the fact that it has some healthy ingredients in it like Apple, Zucchini and Carrot. And it was so fun to make this cake for the first time.
So today, I will tell you how you can make this healthy and delicious cake at your home. But first, let’s gather all the ingredients that are required for this recipe.
Ingredients for Garden Harvest Cake
|Whole Wheat Flour||1 cup|
|Golden Monkfruit Sweetener||¾ cup|
|Ground Cinnamon||2 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Apples (grated and peeled)||½ cup|
|Carrots (grated)||½ cup|
|Zucchine (grated)||½ cup|
|Pecans (chopped)||½ cup|
|Oil||For Coating Loaf Pan|
All these ingredients are easily available in any supermarket near your home. Now let’s see how much time we need to make this healthy cake at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
Now is the part for what we all have been waiting for. Yes, I am talking about the directions to make this Garden Harvest Cake.
Garden Harvest Cake Recipe
- Take a 8X4 inch Loaf Pan with oil to make it non-sticky and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Now take a bowl and add cinnamon, baking soda, whole wheat flour, golden monkfruit sweetener and salt and mix everything until everything is properly combined.
- Now in the mixture, add grated apples, grated zucchini, grated carrots and chopped pecans.
- Now toss the ingredients properly in the mixture using a spoon and make sure that all the ingredients are properly coated with the flour mixture.
- Take another bowl and add buttermilk, oil and eggs to it and combine it.
- Now take the egg mixture and put it in the flour mixture until everything is combined.
- Now pour this mixture in the loaf pan and bake it in the oven for around 50 minutes.
- Now after the baking process, place the pan on a wire rack and let it cool for around 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Your healthy Garden Harvest Cake is ready. Make this cake at your home during any occasion and everyone will definitely love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Garden Harvest Cake
Just like I told you above that Garden Harvest is a healthy cake due to the healthy ingredients present in it. So that’s why I’ve added a nutritional breakdown below.
How to Make Garden Harvest Cake at Home | Video
To make the cooking process easier for you all who are going to make this cake for the first time, I’ve added a recipe video below.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. I highly recommend you serve this cake to your kids and tell their opinions in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more cake recipes like these.