Cocktails have been around for centuries, and yet they never lose their charm. Mostly they because they add so much dimension to your regular liquor. Be it taste, flavour, or aroma; most cocktail recipes are delectable to be enjoyed at any hour. Luckily, several kitchen counter ingredients can run over a cocktail recipe. For instance, fruits are the perfect compliment to liquor as they add a fresh punch of flavours to them.
In this article, discover five exciting fruit-infused cocktail recipes that will delight your senses. But there are many other drinks that we’ve covered in our blog. You should definitely check them as well.
1. Zombie Cocktail– The drink that we are going to make is a very special one, not because its name has Zombie but due to the ingredients that it is made up of. This Zombie Cocktail carries a good amount of alcohol within it and I would tell you to please try it once to relax your mind and body after some hectic or busy day.
2. Limeade Margarita– Limeade is the best summer drink as its freshness keeps you up on a hot summer day. It is a sugary drink made of sugar, limes and water. Nothing can beat a glass of chilled limeade on a sunny day.
3. Rabbit Punch– Have you heard of Rabbit Punch? If yes, what can be more delightful than having Rabbit Punch drink at home? For those who don’t and are eager to taste it, we have brought you a homemade rabbit punch cocktail recipe.
4. Cream Ale– It is a light beer that can be consumed repeatedly. It is an American style lager with a touch of corn in it. Ales give you a more bitter taste. Till the 20th century cream ales remained localized. But after the Canadian brewers started brewing cream ales, it got improved.
In any fruit cocktails list, it is odd to leave the classic sangria out. The traditional recipe that dates back to the Romanian era consists of a punch of fruits fermented in a liquor. Today, sangria has made it into the menu of top-notch bars all across the world. The best part about the recipe is you can recreate at the comfort of your home.
|Medium-Sized Apple (cored and chopped)||1/2|
|Medium-Sized Orange (deseeded and sliced into small pieces)||1/2|
|Brown Sugar||3 tbsp|
|Orange Juice||6 ounces|
|Red Wine||1 bottle (750 ml)|
- In a muddler, put together the fruits and the sugar and muddle with the help of a wooden spoon for about a minute.
- Now add orange juice and brandy to it and muddle for about half a minute more.
- Now incorporate red wine and stir lightly.
- Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more brandy, juice, or sugar. Stir and add ice.
- You can serve or keep it overnight covered in the refrigerator.
The second recipe on our list is so versatile that you can pretty much use multiple fruits sitting in your refrigerator for a long time. A frozen spritz is a densely textured drink that can refresh you anytime. Depending on the colour of the fruits you use, this drink looks like colours poured in a glass. The frozen version of classic spritz is bubbly yet balanced, making it a perfect choice for any party or get together.
|Frozen Tropical Fruit of Your Choice (Berries/Pineapples Preferably)||According to You|
|Gin or Vodka||1.5 ounces|
- In a tall glass, fill in the equal amounts of crushed ice and frozen fruit of your choice.
- Now add a small pinch of salt and give it a light stir.
- Now squeeze a lemon wedge into your glass and top it with the liquor of your choice.
- Before you intend to serve, add sparkling water and garnish it with another lemon wedge.
- Sparkling fruit spritz can be enjoyed at any time of the day. You can also replace sparkling water with tonic or soda for a variation.
Blood Orange Margarita
Margarita is a popular Mexican drink that has been around since the 1930s. Margarita is a cult favourite, and no party is ever complete without this classic mix. Packing the strong liquor like tequila with the perfect amount of citrusy flavours is an art.
A balanced margarita is refreshingly flavorful enough to wake your senses. Creating this cocktail by yourself allows you an opportunity to experiment and perfect it with practice. With everyday ingredients and a twist of fruit power, this recipe can make you a star host at any dinner party. Here is a simple recipe to make this luscious drink.
|Fresh Lime Juice||1 ounce|
|Agave Nectar||½ ounces|
|Fresh Orange Juice||1 ounce|
|Orange||½ medium pulped|
- In a glass jar, combine tequila and agave nectar.
- Stir lightly till agave completely dissolves in tequila.
- Now gently add fresh lime juice to the mix.
- Now slowly incorporate orange juice and pulp into the dink. You can alter its colour by choosing a variety of orange juice. Valencia oranges, for instance, will impart a bright orange hue to the drink.
- Now prepare your glasses by moistening their rim with little lime juice. Place salt in a dish and gently place the rim to get a thin lining of the salt on the edges.
- Pour the drink in the centre of the glass and top it with some rice or serve chill.
The next drink on our list is a cobbler made with fresh berries. The drink’s muddled berries add a thick consistency to the drink that compliments the sweetness from sherry and syrup. This sweet-sour drink scores big on the taste factor and can make its way into your favourite list not only for its flavours but also for that added nutritional boost.
|Lemon Juice||½ ounce|
|Simple Syrup||½ ounce|
- Muddle together blueberries and raspberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one by one and shake well.
- Strain the drink in a cocktail glass and top it with some crushed ice.
- Garnish the drink with some more berries right before you serve.
This strawberry infused cocktail contains Portugal’s cult-favourite liqueur, Licor Beirao. It is infused with a sweet aroma of herbs, botanicals, spices that strike a counterbalance to strawberries’ sharpness. This delicate drink can be served as an appetizer along with some chocolates and cheese.
|Lemon Juice||1½ ounces|
|Licor Beirao||2 ounces|
- Place the strawberries in a muddle, and gently muddle for about a minute.
- Now add lemon juice to it and transfer the contents to a shaker.
- Gently incorporate Licor Beirao and some crushed ice, shake vigorously for five to six seconds.
- Serve chilled.
The Bottom Line
Keeping fruits in the recipes for a prolonged duration can make fruit them lumpy. Most of these recipes must be served immediately to avoid any change in flavour or texture.