Holidays are incomplete without rich desserts to end your meals on a sweet note. If you are ready to put your aprons on, I have a creamy, ditch-diet-worthy frozen peanut butter pie recipe for you.
Let me first tell you the best part about this recipe. This dessert can be prepared in under 15 minutes and is the best-tasting pie ever.
So, if you are swamped with holiday preparations, this is the recipe for you to ensure your dessert table is set. You need only six ingredients to make a frozen peanut butter pie recipe.
We begin by making the pie crust. Here, you can use a store-bought pie crust, a homemade pie crust, or make a crust of graham crackers.
Then all you gotta do is combine the ingredients to make peanut butter pie, whip up some cream, and make a simple chocolate ganache.
Once all of this is done, you can leave the pie to chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Top it up with your choice of toppings, and you are ready to dig into the best-ever frozen peanut butter pie.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Frozen Peanut Butter Pie?
- Bowl – You will need two bowls to mix the cream and the ingredients.
- Electric Mixer – An electric mixer will help you whip the cream.
- Spatula – A spatula will help you mix the ingredients.
- Pie Pan – A pie pan will be needed to assemble the pie for freezing.
- Spoon – A spoon will be needed to transfer the pie filling into the pie crust.
- Freezer – A freezer will be needed to freeze the pie.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Frozen Peanut Butter Pie?
|Preparation Time||Freezing Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2-3 Hours||3 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Frozen Peanut Butter Pie?
- Whipping Cream – To make a creamy and smooth frozen peanut butter pie, you will need one cup of whipping cream.
- Cream Cheese – To make it ultra-delicious, you will add eight ounces of softened cream cheese.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter is the star ingredient of this pie. You will need two-thirds cups of creamy peanut butter.
- Powdered Sugar – To make the pie perfectly sweet, you will need half a cup of powdered sugar.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla is one flavor that compliments other flavors beautifully. So, we will add one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Pie Crust – To make the pie base, we will need a 9-inch prepared pie crust. You can use homemade or store-bought pie crust. If you like a cracker-based crust, you can make the pie base using crushed graham crackers.
- Chocolate Ganache – Chocolate ganache will add a nice flavor of chocolate and make the pie rich. You will need one cup of chocolate ganache.
- Garnishes – To decorate the pie, you can use garnish like whipped cream, chopped chocolate-peanut butter candy, chocolate curls, sprinkles, or anything of your choice.
Steps To Make Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
1. Line The Pie Crust
In a round dish, line the pie crust. As mentioned earlier, you can buy a store-bought pie crust or use homemade pie crust. You can also go for a graham cracker crust by combining crushed graham crackers with butter and lining the dish.
2. Prepare The Pie Filling
Take a bowl and transfer whipped cream into it. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream at medium speed until soft peaks form.
Combine softened cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat until the mixture turns creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold in whipped cream.
3. Line The Dish
With the help of a spoon, transfer the cream cheese mixture into the prepared pie crust. Freeze the pie for an hour. Take the pie out and spread chocolate ganache over it.
Here you can use store-bought chocolate ganache or make it at home by using equal quantities of dairy cream and dark chocolate.
Place the frozen peanut butter pie back in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish the pie with whipped cream, chocolate curls, or chopped chocolate-peanut butter candy.
How To Store Frozen Peanut Butter Pie?
Frozen peanut butter pie should be kept refrigerated at all times when it’s not being eaten. You can store this pie for a week in the refrigerator. This pie can also be frozen for two weeks.
|Saturated Fat||10 grams|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5 grams|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9 grams|
How Will Frozen Peanut Butter Pie Look And Taste Like?
Frozen peanut butter pie is a delicious cold dessert that’s easy to prepare. This dessert is creamy and rich with peanut butter and chocolate flavors. The pie crust adds a great play of texture to this dessert.
This pie looks great on the table. You get layers of whipped cream, cream cheese filling, chocolate ganache, and pie crust when you slice it.
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 (9-inch) Pie Crust
- Chocolate Ganache
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with pie crust or graham cracker crust.
- Take a bowl and transfer whipped cream into it.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Combine softened cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Beat until the mixture turns creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to the prepared pie crust.
- Freeze the pie for an hour. Take the pie out and spread chocolate ganache over it.
- Place the frozen peanut butter pie back in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish the pie with whipped cream, chocolate curls, or chopped chocolate-peanut butter candy.
If you are in a time crunch and yet want to prepare a dessert for holiday get-togethers, then frozen peanut butter pie is the recipe for you. Try out this recipe and tell me how you found it in the comments section below.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What ingredients go into making a frozen peanut butter pie?
You need a pie crust for the base to make frozen peanut butter pie. To make the filling, you need whipped cream, peanut butter, chocolate ganache, and vanilla extract.
How much time does it take to make frozen peanut butter pie?
You can make frozen peanut butter pie in 10 minutes.
How should I store frozen peanut butter pie?
Frozen peanut butter pie should be kept refrigerated at all times when not eating.