Frito pie is a Mexican dish but is quite popular in America. Even though the name suggests otherwise, it is a savory dish made of beef. We are going to learn how to make this Frito pie in just a few minutes.
There was a popular lunch place down from our school that made this Frito pie and we loved them. Since then, I have been eating this dish almost every week. It is a perfect combination of spicy, salty and cheesy flavor. So, here I am sharing my recipe with you all so that you can also make and enjoy this amazing dish at home.
Frito Pie is prepared by cooking beef and onion for some time. Then, break the beef into crumbles and add beans and stir it all. A cup of corn chips should as topping and the other one is poured on a baking pan with meat, cheese and salt. Pour the remaining chips on top and bake it and the dish is ready.
This was just a quick recipe. For detailed steps and instructions, you have to go on for a bit more. So, let’s see how this easy dish can be made at home with just some quick steps. Check out the ingredients first, followed by the detailed recipe.
Frito Pie Recipe
- 1 Pound Beef
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cans Ranch Style Beans
- 1 Packet Frito Corn Chips
- 2 Cans Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Green Onions (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a large skillet and cook beef and onion at medium heat for 6-8 minutes until the beef no longer remains pink and the onions become soft.
- Break the beef into crumbles and drain it. Pour the beans inside and stir them all together on medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of corn chips to the beef mixture. Take a baking dish and lay the other cup of corn chips on it.
- Put the meat mixture, sauce and cheese over it and top it with the remaining chips.
- Bake it uncovered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted. If you want, you can sprinkle chopped green onions on the top. With this, the dish is ready to be served.