Fried lemon pepper chicken wings are delicious and easy to make. They have a variety of flavors and are crunchy. You can cook these sweet and spicy wings at home in less than half an hour.
There are a few key ingredients that make this recipe more delicious. Cornstarch makes the wings more crunchy and irresistible. Honey acts as adhesive for the spice mixture and moisture. It also adds sweetness and balances the sourness of lemon. Lemon pepper elevates the flavor of the chicken wings.
To make fried lemon pepper chicken wings, mix cornstarch and flour in a bowl. Also, add pepper, salt, cayenne, lemon pepper, garlic, and paprika. Mix eggs and hot sauce in another bowl. Dip the chicken wings in eggs and then in the flour mixture. Then, dip the wings in the lemon pepper glaze.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Baked Chicken Fajitas– Baked chicken fajitas are a Mexican dish that I learned from one of my friends during high school. She would garnish it with cheese sauce and sometimes with tangy sauces. I loved this delicious dish and tried to make it home as well.
2. Flatlander Chili– Flatlander Chili is a dish made with beef and red beans with herbs. Chili is a Mexican cuisine of spicy stew made of chili peppers, tomatoes, and beans with meat or vegetables.
3. Chicken Fiesta– This Fiesta Chicken is a delight for the tastebuds as it combines many fresh ingredients like Chicken Breast, Onion, Tomatoes, Corn, Beans, Rice, Chilies, and many others to make a perfect chicken dish.
4. Cast Iron Fried Chicken– This easy recipe for Southern fried chicken is the only one you’ll ever need. Anyone can make it at their home using the recipe that I’ve mentioned.
Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 ½ lbs. Party Wings
- 1 ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 4 teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
For the Glaze
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper
- ¾ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- In a bowl, add cornstarch, pepper, salt, cayenne, lemon pepper, garlic, flour, and paprika. Mix it properly.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and hot sauce.
- Take one chicken wing at a time, coat it in the egg mixture and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Repeat it with all the chicken wings.
- Place the wings in a dish and leave them for 20 minutes. Placing a pot on medium heat with oil.
- When the temperature reaches 350oF, place the chicken wings in the oil. Cook them from each side until they turn golden brown.
- Then, set them aside on a plate.
For the Glaze
- In a bowl, whisk lemon juice, butter, pepper, lemon pepper, and honey until smooth.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the glaze. Then, serve.