Have you ever tried something with green tomatoes? If yes, then you are like me. One day in my kitchen garden, I saw some green tomatoes on the tree. I thought to pull them and to make something from it.
I was very confused about what to make from it? Then I decided to make Fried Green Tomatoes. From my experience in cooking, I gathered all the ingredients and made it. I served it to my parents first and they appreciated it a lot.
Today, I saw green tomatoes in the market and bought them to make Fried Green Tomatoes again. While making these, I thought to share Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe with my lovely people.
But first, we have to gather the ingredients which are required to make the perfect Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Vegan Stuffing– It contains a lot of vegetables and uses olive oil as an alternative to butter. Vegetable broth is also a great alternative to chicken broth. It also contains a whole lot of spices that make it aromatic and flavorful.
2. Stewed Apples– This recipe of apples and even be fed to your infant or toddler. It will be a power food for them. So do not forget to introduce your baby to this recipe. I am pretty sure they will love it.
3. Grilled Green Tomatoes– Make use of unripened green tomatoes, grilled and dressed with basil sauce, in this simple side that goes well with fried chicken or grilled steak.
4. Sous Vide Mushrooms– These sous vide mushrooms are nicely firm and have a juicy, succulent texture and a great flavor.
Ingredients For Fried Green Tomatoes
|All-Purpose Flour||1/2 Cup|
|Slices Of Green Tomatoes||3|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
It is a dish which you can make when you are feeling very hungry and want something delicious. It will not take much time of yours.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Mins||15 Mins||20 Mins|
When I was thinking about how to make fried green tomatoes, it took almost 1 day to make the recipe for the first time. But you don’t have to wait more because you are just one step away from the actual recipe.
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
- In a small bowl, add egg and buttermilk to combine and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl add flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Combine it properly.
- Cover the tomato slices in flour and dip into egg and cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet add oil and bring temperature at 375° and drop those tomatoes into the hot oil.
- Cook them for 2 minutes or until it will turn golden.
- Season with salt.
Finally, Fried Green Tomatoes are ready. Serve it as a starter to your friends or family and I bet that they’ll love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Fried Green Tomatoes
Green Vegetables are healthy. So these Fried Green Tomatoes are good for our health. And I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown of the Fried Green Tomatoes.
How To Make Fried Green Tomatoes at Home | Video
I always recommend everyone to watch a video before trying something for the first time. So for the Fried Green Tomatoes recipe, I have added a video below, so it’ll be easier for you to make it at home.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of Fried Green Tomatoes. Make sure to try this at your home and share your reviews in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like this.