Fried dough is a North American delicacy found in country fairs, carnivals, and other fests. The fried dough gives you a sense of warmth and satiates your cravings. The recipe is easy to put together. Don’t worry. We have shared a complete recipe guide below just for you.
The fried dough is crispy, light, and delicious. To make the fried dough at home, you only need refined flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, butter, and oil. Combine the elements to prepare the dough. Then, roll out the dough and fry until it is crispy.
Get amazed with magnifying results of fried dough at home. Fried dough is perfectly crunchy and filled with iconic lightness on the inside. I am warning you that once you try the recipe, there is no going back. It is solely addictive.
Hop on to the detailed recipe below. We have added a list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional information, and steps to make fried dough. Follow the list of equipment and steps to get the fried dough done right. Also, check out some recipes that I think you might like too.
What's In The Post
Other Recipes That You Can Try
- Strawberry Extract Recipe
- Mini Bagels Recipe
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Fruity Pebble Cheesecake Recipe
- Pecan Crackers Recipe
- Hershey’s Carrot Cara Lollipop Recipe
- Meat Pie Recipe
- Cherry Sours Candy Recipe
- Cereal Ice Cream Bowls Recipe
- Easy TikTok Ramen Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Fried Dough?
- Bowl – Combine all the elements in a large bowl.
- Rolling Pin – Roll out the dough balls with a rolling pin.
- Frying Pan – Fry the dough using a frying pan.
- Mesh Strainer – Sprinkle some powdered sugar to garnish with a mesh strainer.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Fried Dough?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Fried Dough?
- Refined Flour – Take half a cup of refined flour to prepare the fried dough.
- Sugar – For sweetness, add a teaspoon of powdered sugar.
- Baking Powder – A pinch of baking powder will help raise the dough.
- Milk – Adding milk will bring out a perfect texture of fried dough.
- Salt – Balance the sweetness with a sprinkle of salt.
- Butter – The butter will enhance the taste and texture of fried dough.
- Oil – Add a splash of oil to prepare a soft dough.
Steps To Make Fried Dough
Add refined flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter to a bowl. Combine everything. Further, add half a cup of milk to achieve a soft and smooth dough.
2. Roll The Dough
Roll out small dough balls and give them a round shape using a rolling pin. You can shape the dough according to your wish.
3. Fried Dough Is Ready
Heat oil using a frying pan and add the rolled dough into the pan. Fry the dough over medium heat and let it cook until it turns golden brown. The delicious fried dough will be ready in no time. Dust off a little powdered sugar on the top and serve to enjoy.
How Will Fried Dough Look And Taste Like?
Fried dough is rolled dough balls fried in oil. The dough is delicious, light, and crispy. Prepare the fried dough at home. It will help you to amp up your culinary repertoire.
Fried Dough Recipe
- Rolling Pin
- Frying Pan
- Mesh Strainer
- ½ cup Refined Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Add refined flour, oil, sugar, salt, baking powder, softened butter, and milk to a large bowl.
- Mix everything. Then, add half a cup of milk to achieve a soft and smooth texture.
- Make a small ball and roll it out to form a round shape.
- heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the rolled-out dough to the frying pan. Fry the dough until it turns golden brown.
- Dust off the powdered sugar on top of the fried dough.
- Serve to enjoy your fried dough.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is fried dough made of?
You can make the fried dough using refined flour, oil, sugar, baking powder, milk, salt, and butter.
Can pizza dough be used for fried dough?
Yes, you can use the pizza dough to prepare fried dough from the comfort of your home.
Can you fry the dough in olive oil?
Yes, you can surely fry the dough in olive oil.
Can I use canola oil for the fried dough?
You can use canola oil, olive oil, or any other vegetable oil to make fried dough.