Fried chicken without buttermilk is an absolute delight. It is crispy on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside. Allow me to help you with the detailed recipe for fried chicken prepared without buttermilk. It is super fun to put together these fried chicken.
A delicious crispy chicken without buttermilk is healthy and nutritious. You need some dry rubs for coating and some sauces for marinating the chicken. Marinate the chicken, coat them, and deep-fry to perfection. Treat yourself on the weekends with amazing fried chicken recipes.
Crispy, juicy, and flavorsome fried chicken without buttermilk will be ready in no time. A keynote to remember is that dip the chicken in water and then re-coat it with dry rubs. Dipping the chicken filets in water will help the dry rubs to stick evenly.
Check out the entire recipe article to know the details. Find the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions for fried chicken without buttermilk. But before that, let’s check out some other chicken recipes we’ve covered.
1. Buttermilk Fried Chicken– Buttermilk Fried Chicken, is a flavorful and filling recipe. The buttermilk marination is what makes this recipe stand out. We have shared the complete recipe packed with some pro tips.
2. 2. KFC Fried Chicken– If you are a chicken lover, you must love KFC and its flavorful chicken. KFC crispy fried chicken is one of the most popular items among all of their items. Here is a quick recipe of KFC’s crispy fried chicken for you to explore.
3. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Believe me, once you try this recipe, it will be better than the fried chicken that you eat at Popeye’s or any other outlet. Popeye’s make their fried chicken by marinating the chicken mixture of buttermilk and hot sauce overnight.
4. Thomas Keller Fried Chicken– Discover the making of Thomas Keller Fried chicken recipe at home. This is the only crispy fried chicken recipe you will ever need! It has a balanced taste of spicy and aromatic flavors of herbs.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Fried Chicken Without Buttermilk?
- Bowls – Take one large bowl to prepare the marinade and the other to add the dry rubs. The third bowl can be used to add water.
- Perforated Ladle – Flip the chicken filets with a perforated ladle while frying.
- Frying Pan – Fry the chicken in a frying pan.
- Wire Rack – Remove the chicken filets on a wire rack to get rid of excess oil.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Fried Chicken Without Buttermilk?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Fried Chicken Without Buttermilk?
- Chicken Breasts – Take half a pound of chicken breasts for preparing the recipe. You can also take chicken thighs or legs.
- Soy Sauce – Marinade the chicken breasts in soy sauce.
- Rice Wine Vinegar – Adding rice wine vinegar to the chicken marination will bring out rich flavors and help in tenderizing the meat dishes.
- Tomato Ketchup – Balance the spicy flavors with a teaspoon of tomato ketchup.
- Canola Oil – Fry the chicken breasts using canola oil. Canola oil is a great option for stir-fry or fried recipes.
- All-Purpose Flour – Dredge the chicken filets in all-purpose flour to achieve crispy texture.
- Black Pepper – Season the dry rubs with a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Garlic Powder – Adding garlic powder to the dry rubs for fragrant flavors.
Steps To Make Fried Chicken Without Buttermilk
1. Prep Stride
Take a bowl, and add soy sauce, ketchup, and rice wine vinegar to prepare the marinade. Place your chicken breast in the marinade and coat the chicken evenly. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Dry Rubs
For dredging, mix all the dry rubs in a separate bowl. Add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and all-purpose flour to a bowl.
3. Coat The Chicken
Coat the marinated chicken filets with the dry rubs, then marination sauce, and then re-coat them with the dry rubs. Repeat the coating process twice. Finally, place the filets on a wire rack.
Place the dredged chicken breasts in a preheated frying pan with canola oil. Deep-fry the chicken filets over medium heat until they are golden brown. Remove the fried chicken without buttermilk on a wire rack. It will help you to get rid of excess oil.
How Will Fried Chicken Without Buttermilk Look And Taste Like?
Fried chicken without buttermilk looks crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. You will taste the crunchy and juicy goodness with each bite of fried chicken. Sprinkle a teaspoon of spices on top and relish the tantalizing cravings with the chicken fillets with no buttermilk.
Fried Chicken Without Buttermilk Recipe
- ½ pound Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Water
- 5 tablespoons Canola Oil
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Prepare the marinade with soy sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Add the chicken filets and coat them evenly with the marinade. Let the chicken sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Then, mix all the dry rubs in a separate bowl.
- Preheat the canola oil in a frying pan.
- Dredge the marinated chicken into the dry rubs followed by water and then with dry rubs again.
- Deep-fry the chicken filets in a frying pan until they are golden brown.
- Remove the chicken filets on a wire rack and serve to enjoy with your favorite sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I make crispy chicken without buttermilk?
To make crispy chicken without buttermilk, dredge them in the dry rubs and deep-fry until golden brown.
How many calories are in buttermilk chicken?
There are 240 calories in buttermilk chicken which is more than the calories in chicken without buttermilk.
Why is my fried chicken not crispy?
If you fried the chicken over high heat, then you will not achieve the crispy texture. To make crispy chicken, deep-fry the chicken over low or medium heat.
How do I make fried chicken more crispy?
To achieve the desired crispy texture, add a teaspoon of cornstarch to the dry rubs.
Prepare the crispy fried chicken without buttermilk at home with us. Don’t forget to check out the details in the above article. Refer to the details and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.