Rice krispies treats are one of my favorite treats to munch on. They are light and absolutely delicious to eat and make for a lovely breakfast meal. But there are many ways to get creative with it and turn it into a party snack. Therefore, with Halloween coming up, let’s take a look at a special recipe involving rice krispies.
In this article, I will share with you a super easy, yummy, and an impressive dessert that will fit the Halloween theme. We are going to learn how to make Frankenstein rice krispies treats. These treats can be decorated in many different ways and do expect them to disappear in minutes.
The best part about making these sweet treats is that you don’t need a steady professional hand to make them. The Frankenstein rice krispies treats are made using rice krispies cereals, marshmallows, and butter. The list of ingredients is simple but they are packed with mouth-watering flavors.
In the sections below, I will take you through the list of equipment and ingredients you will require to make Frankenstein rice krispies treats. You will also find some tips and tricks to get the best results. So, let’s go and check out these spooky treats custom made for Halloween.
Other Halloween Recipes That You Can Try
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge
- Jack Skellington Cookies
- Halloween Popcorn Hands
- Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- Harry Potter Butterbear
- Harry Potter Treacle Tart
- Harry Potter Beerbutter Cookies
- Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats?
- Saucepan – You will require a saucepan to melt butter and marshmallows to make Frankenstein rice krispies treats.
- Spatula – A spatula will help you mix the ingredients.
- Square or Rectangular Dish – You can use a square or rectangular dish to set the rice krispies mix.
- Microwave Safe Bowl – A microwave safe bowl will be required to melt some chocolate for decoration.
- Piping Bag – A piping bag will help you make Frankenstein-themed decorations on the krispies.
- Baking Paper – You will require baking paper for resting the rice krispies.
- Microwave – You will need a microwave to melt some chocolate for decoration.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats?
- Butter – To make Frankenstein rice krispie treats you will need 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Mini Marshmallows – To stick the rice krispie together and add sweetness to this treat, we will require 4 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Rice Krispie Cereal – This recipe will require 6 cups of rice krispie cereal, which is the main ingredient of this recipe.
- Green Color – To make this treat look like Frankenstein, you will need green color to turn the rice krispies green.
- Chocolate/ Black Frosting Pen – You will also need one small packet of dark melting chocolate and black frosting pen to decorate the treats.
- Candy Eyes – To make this treat look like Frankenstein you will also require candy eyes to create the facial feature. You can find candy eyes at any bakery supplies store. If you don’t find candy eyes, you can also make them on your own by using white and dark chocolate.
Steps To Make Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats
1. Make Frankenstein Rice Krispies
To make Frankenstein rice krispie treats we will begin by melting butter and marshmallows together in a saucepan over medium heat. Make sure you stir them constantly to avoid burning them. Once both these ingredients are melted remove from heat and stir in green color.
Start with a very small amount of green food coloring and add more as you need. A little gel food coloring goes a long way.
After achieving your desired color pour this mixture into a greased dish and spread out evenly. Place the dish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Once the rice krispies are set, remove them from the refrigerator and cut them into rectangular pieces. Now place them on a baking sheet.
2. Decorate Your Rice Krispies
For decorating rice, krispies melt some dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds increments stirring in between. Once the chocolate is melted properly, without having any lumps, dip one end of the rice krispies into the melted chocolate about 1’’ down.
Once done, set them on a baking sheet and allow them to cool. Using the leftover chocolate, stick the candy eyes leaving some gap from the dipped chocolate line. Fill a piping bag with some melted chocolate and make the mouth.
You can also use black frosting pen instead of melted chocolate to decorate the rice krispies, which are easily available at Walmart. When you finish decorating the rice krispies, set them in the fridge for an extra hour or so. This will help keep the eyes attached.
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1050 IU|
How Will The Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats Look And Taste Like?
Frankenstein rice krispies are great Halloween treats that turn out to be delicious. These sweet treats look absolutely fun and spooky. And believe me, if you have kids, they love doing this activity with you. Leave us a comment below and let us know how they turned out!
Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereals
- 1 tube/bottle Green Color
- 1 packet Dark Chocolate
- 20 Candy Eyes
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture turns smooth and all lumps are gone, remove from heat and stir in green food coloring.
- Stir in rice krispie cereal once the butter and marshmallow mix are green enough to your liking.
- Pour cereal/marshmallow mix into a greased dish and spread out evenly.
- Let the dish sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the fridge and cut into rectangles. Place them on a baking or parchment sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt half a bag of the melting chocolate in 30 second increments stirring in between. Continue to cook and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip one end of the treat into chocolate about 1" down.
- Place them on the baking or parchment paper and allow them to harden.
- Repeat the step with remaining treats.
- Using the melted chocolate or black frosting as glue, attach candy eyes just below chocolate "hair".
- Use the melted chocolate or black frosting to draw the mouth under the eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What food color can I use to make Frankenstein rice krispie treats?
You can use Wilton gel green color to turn rice Krispie’s green. A little color goes a long way.
How long does it take to make Frankenstein rice Krispie treats?
You can make Frankenstein rice krispie treats in under 1 hour.
Can I use big marshmallows instead of mini?
Yes, you can use large marshmallows instead of mini, however you will have to reduce their quantity.
What chocolate should I use for melting?
You can use any good quality dark melting chocolate, chocolate chips, or candy melts for melting.
I hope you enjoy making these Frankenstein rice krispie Halloween treats as much as I did. Do tell me how they turned out to be in the comments section below. Happy Halloween everyone!