The human body is a complex compilation of different operational structures. These structures require the proper nutrition in order to ensure smooth functionality. The skeleton system forms the structural frame of the human body.
The adult human skeleton has about 206 bones altogether, and this number was around 300 when you were a baby. Human bones are living tissues that continually rebuild throughout your life. But as you grow up, the little bones merge to make one large bone. This is one of the many reasons pediatricians suggest increasing the intake of iron and other essential nutrients.
During the former years of childhood, your body works towards adding new bones faster than removing old ones. After about age 20, you can lose bone density quicker than you make bones. Thus, taking care of your bones as you grow up through proper diet and nutrition is utterly crucial, or else you will end up with immense back pain doing the most menial of jobs, such as walking, running, or even climbing up the stairs.
Experts suggest that 80 percent of people suffer back pain at some point in their lives. Austin, Texas, US, has a growing number of patients with back pain. So, if you’re searching for a guideline to deal with your back pain or ways to avoid it altogether, read this article till the end.
Diet is essential to treat any illness. The food you consume will empower you to live a long and healthy life. In this regard, eating Vitamin-C or Vitamin-D enriched foods with the right calcium intake is the way to go.
If not, you might end up with backbone concerns that will force you to live your life in excruciatingly pain. On the other hand, if you eat unhealthy foods in an unregulated manner, your healing process will be slow. Moreover, these foods can trigger inflammation in your body, which can make the pain worse.
Foods to Avoid During Back Pain
1) Sugary Foods– You need to avoid all sorts of sugary foods, for example, foods with gluten, bread, and dairy products that can trigger inflammation in your back and cause weight gain.
Did you know? Sugary foods are the worst foods to eat in back pain and are never recommended by doctors.
2) Vegetable Oil– The human body requires more omega 3 fatty acids than omega 6 fatty acids. This is because of the fact that most vegetables are rich in omega 6 fatty acids; it is advisable to use less vegetable oil while cooking to maintain a balance. Omega 6 fatty acids are not necessarily bad, but excessive consumption can trigger an inflammatory response.
Doctors recommend olive oil as it is one of the healthiest oils for cooking (contains monounsaturated fats) and great for your back pain.
3) Refined Grains– It would help if you intake whole grains and not refined grains when under treatment. White bread, pizza, and cereal are high in refined grains, which can cause an insulin spike that further leads to inflammation in the body.
4) Dairy Products– You must have heard that milk and other dairy products are a necessary part of a healthy diet and prescribe by doctors most of the time. However, there are a few medical conditions that can deteriorate by the consumption of these products. Dairy can sometimes trigger inflammation, so it is not suitable when you’re under back pain treatment.
5) Red Meat– Indeed, red meat is a great source of protein, but it’s better to avoid it when you’re under treatment. Red meat has a neu5gc substance, so if you are suffering from back pain, this substance promotes inflammation.
6) Processed Corn– Corns are healthy food, but when it is processed, the nutritional value decreases considerably. The reason is; processed corn can trigger an inflammatory response in the body. Therefore, you will need to make sure that the corn you’re eating is unprocessed.
7) Foods with Chemicals– Even if you’re not ill, it is never recommended to eat foods with chemicals – with colouring, preservatives, and additives. You should eat as natural as possible because it is difficult for you to recognize artificial foods, and in return, you get inflammation.
So, when purchasing packaged foods from the grocery store, make sure that you read the description carefully.
Other foods to avoid
Other foods you need to dodge during back pain include caffeine, foods high in omega-6 fatty acids, spicy foods, and most importantly, tomatoes. If not, they will only worsen your pain, and you will feel your back pain hurting more.
Health Concerns Caused By Poor Diet
Even though your body is equipped with all the mechanisms, it needs in order to lead a healthy life, but you need to fuel them with a well-balanced and nutritious diet. It is not just backache but an extrinsic list of problems that one might face because of not taking good care of the diet. Take a look!
1) Osteoarthritis– Osteoarthritis is a chronic joint condition. This disease develops over several years and commonly affects one’s joints which can be in the neck, hands, knees, hips, toes, gingers, or lower back.
You can know you have this ailment when long periods of inactivity and poor diet lead to stiff joints and pain around the area. You can also listen to cracking sounds or feel for swelling, inflammation, and tenderness where it hurts. Your incapability of moving your limbs as freely might lead you to have Osteoarthritis.
Although the exact cause of Osteoarthritis is not known as of now, several factors can lead to you having the risk of developing it. For example, obesity, age, poor eating habits, previous joint injuries, genetics, joint abnormalities, and even poor posture.
2) Rickets– Another skeleton disorder is Rickets, which occurs due to the prolonged and extreme deficiency of Vitamin-D, Calcium, or Phosphate, which are necessary for strong, healthy bones. It leads to softened and weakened bones, mainly in children of 6-24 months. Not just children, it happens in adolescents who do not obtain enough Vitamin-D.
Doctors, usually chiropractors, diagnose Rickets through X-rays so they can find out any bone deformities. They may do a physical examination where they touch to find the tenderness and the pain in the bone by gently pressing on a specific area. They also do blood tests to check for calcium and phosphate, which are essential for growth. After which, the doctors can prescribe a customized diet.
Sciatica occurs when nerve roots that make up the sciatic nerve become pinched, irritated, inflamed, or compressed. This type of bone disease usually happens in the lower part of your body, from your hip to your leg and foot. If you are suffering from sciatica, you may experience mild to intense back pain from along the path of the sciatic nerve.
This path starts from the lower back, through the hips, radiating from the buttocks, and down your legs. It also causes weakness in the muscles, numb, tingling feeling in your toes, leg, and foot. If you want to correct this, you can go for non-invasive treatments, the first option being spinal decompression therapy. It will help patients with sciatica and herniated discs.
In conclusion, to ensure that you do not end up with back pains or any of these health concerns, make sure your diet has an ample amount of calcium, protein, and vitamin-D – eat various food products, including milk, eggs, and fish. Likewise, it is advisable to keep stretching your limbs regularly to stay active.
However, if you wish to get professional input, it is strongly advocated that you search for spinal decompression Austin. You can also use orthotics which can be placed underfoot for arch support and biomechanical control. If you are relentlessly looking for a clinic that offers custom-made orthotics for your foot, search for custom orthotics Austin. It will help alleviate your pain quickly and give you relief while walking and running.
Thank for reading!