Whenever you are trying to concentrate somewhere then and you think of food, then believe me you just need a kitchen and some ingredients around you. And no one can stop you from making something so delicious that you have never thought of.
Today is the day when we will discuss the old traditional Mexican food which I think everyone will be aware of or should be aware of. This recipe is called Flour Tortillas.
The tortillas are the old and traditional dishes of old Mexican civilization and people of old times used to make them without using any ingredient other than wheat or cornflour. This food is the oldest food in Mexican culture. Well, if you didn’t know this, then thank me later. But for now, let’s start making this easy but quite interesting recipe called Tortillas.
The best part is that you can eat these Tortillas with any sauce, dip or vegetables. You can even make a roll and put salad in it. It is totally up to you that how you want it to taste like and you can customize the taste as well.
To start with, here is the small list of ingredients which you will need to make these flat wheat bread or Tortillas as we call it. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Chipotle Corn Salsa– A sweet salsa with medium heat, copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe is made with roasted poblano peppers, jalapeños, red onion, citrus juice, and plenty of corn.
2. Frozen Hash Browns– Frozen hash browns are simple and famous American breakfast dish. During the 1890s, they began to show up in the restaurant menus. They are sometimes made into the form of the patty so as to make its handling convenient.
3. Berbere Spice– As we all know that Spices play an important role in the flavouring and essence of a dish. The best part about Berbere Spice recipe is you can make it easily at home without any hard efforts.
4. Steak Nachos– Having Tortilla Chips layered with steak, melted cheese, beans, salsa and many other ingredients is just a treat to have.
Ingredients for Fresh Tortillas Recipe
|Wheat flour||3 cups|
|Vegetable oil||1 ½ tsp|
Surprised by the ingredients list? Well, I was too. And I don’t think you will face any kind of difficulty while gathering these ingredients.
The time taken to complete this recipe depends on how much tortillas you want to make. In today’s recipe, we are making only a dozen of them. So, here is the time frame of this recipe that you need to know.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 minutes||30 minutes||50 minutes|
After setting everything up, now you have to just follow my instructions to get the best ever Tortillas you have ever tried and that too made at home. Get ready for the recipe folks!
Fresh Tortillas Recipe
- Take a big mixing bowl or a flat covered surface in which you can make dough of the flour.
- Now add all the ingredients listed above in the same bowl or container with some water(warm water will be best) and start mixing them well.
- After the dough is formed, let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- And now cut out small pieces of the dough round in shape and roll them, so that they are round in shape and make sure the edges are even from all sides.
- After making the perfect round shape, bake them on medium heat until it changes its color to slightly brown on both sides. And keep flipping the tortillas after every 20 seconds to ensure proper cooking of both sides.
- After the color is attained, turn off the flame and serve hot with some veggies or sauces or any other prepared food.
Now enjoy these beautiful and delicious Fresh tortillas with your family and kids. You can pack it for any picnic or holiday with your family and enjoy these tortillas anytime.
Nutritional Facts Of Fresh Tortillas
This recipe is quite healthy as it only contains wheat flour. So these tortillas are healthy. You can take a look at the full nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
How To Make Fresh Tortillas at Home | Video
Am I missing anything? Well, I don’t think so but if you think you will miss some of the steps while making these Tortillas, then I will suggest you watch this video.
I hope you have liked this Tortillas recipe and will surely make this at you lovely homes. Make sure to tell us your experiences and thoughts on this recipe in the comments section below. We will love to hear from you guys.