Ever thought that sugar could be flavored? A small amount can give you the concentrated flavor of fruits with a punch of sweetness. Flavored sugar can be used for about 2 years. If you want to try your hand at it, check out this recipe.
Once you try this easy recipe, you’ll be tempted to experiment with different fruit combinations. I use it to garnish my cookies, donuts, and yogurt. Flavored sugar adds a little spark of sweetness and fun to desserts. So, let me give you a brief of the entire recipe.
You can make flavored sugar by adding 1 cup of sugar with ¼ cup of powdered fruits (according to your choice of flavors) in a bowl. Mix it well and store it in an airtight jar. It is advised to use ¼ cup of powdered fruits for strong flavors and ½ cup for weak flavors.
To have detailed instructions on how to make flavored sugar, you should read the recipe card below. You can add your choice of flavor and follow the procedure mentioned below. Choose from strawberry, vanilla, blueberry, cocoa, coconut, and many more. You can use frozen powdered fruits and flavor extracts as per your preference. Don’t forget to rate this recipe if you end up liking it.
Flavored Sugar Recipe
- Medium-sized Bowl
- Food Processor
- Baking Sheet
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Powdered Flavor (of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon Flavor Extract
For Powdered Flavor
- To a bowl containing sugar, add dried powdered flavor and mix them well.
- Add it to a food processor and blend the mixture into fine powdered flavored sugar.
For Flavor Extract
- Add 1 teaspoon of extract to the bowl containing sugar.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet after combining it.
- Let the sugar dry out for about 30 minutes in the oven, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Let the sugar cool and break the clumps, if any. Transfer it in an airtight jar.