The one recipe I am going to share today is for flatlander chili. Flatlander chili is a dish made with beef, red beans with herbs.
Chili is a Mexican dish. It spicy stew made of chili peppers, tomatoes, and beans with meat or vegetables. It is an easy-to-make recipe. It makes for a great hearty meal on any rainy day or cold day.
To make flatlander chili, cook ground beef in a pan until it turns brown. In another pan, add tomato sauce, tomato juice, onion, celery, bell pepper, red beans, and cooked beef. Then, add salt, pepper, and spices to it and bring this mixture to a boil. Then, cook it over low heat for an hour. Serve hot!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. San Antonio Chili– San Antonio chili is an easy-to-make recipe and you can easily make it at home. It is made with beef and spices and tastes great when served with tortilla chips and sour cream.
2. Tinga De Pollo– It is also known as Chicken Tinga. This recipe is basically from Mexico but its name is taken from the Spanish language. The recipe is very delicious and easy to make. So let’s get started and make this Tinga de Pollo.
3. Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings– These lemon-pepper wings are perfect for game day. Try these out if you’ve been stuck in a chicken wing rut. Add grated lemon zest to the butter mixture if you want a more pronounced lemon flavor.
4. Camarones al Ajillo– This recipe of Camarones al Ajillo reminds me of my hometown. It is a complete dinner recipe that you can make for any occasion. I am always up for any variety of shrimp recipes!
Flatlander Chili Recipe
- Large Deep Skillet
- Large Pot
- 2 pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (46-ounce fluid) can Tomato Juice
- 1 (29-ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- ½ cup Celery (chopped)
- ¼ cup Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper (grounded)
- ½ teaspoon Oregano Dried
- ½ teaspoon White Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups Red Beans (canned, drained, and rinsed)
- Take a large deep skillet. Add ground beef to it and cook it over medium-high flame until it turns brown. Once cooked, drain the beef and crumble it.
- In a large pan, add the tomato sauce, tomato juice, onion, celery, bell pepper and red beans. Then, add chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, white sugar, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Also, add the cooked beef to it. Bring them to a boil.
- After it starts boiling, reduce the flame to a minimum for approximately ½ hour to 1 hour with occasional stirring.
- Serve hot.