Have you ever tried fish sauce at home? If no, then you are at the right place because today we are going to discuss this particular recipe of Fish sauce. Fish sauce not only includes iodine, it is good for health also.
There are so many aspects that makes this fish sauce healthy. I researched a lot about it. So, now the question comes how I came to know about this Fish sauce recipe?
Well, my sister is an amazing cook and has a habit of experimenting with different recipes. She made this fish sauce at home last month. I learned this Fish Sauce recipe from her and the way she teaches me each and everything step by step becomes easier for me to learn.
So without wasting a single minute, I will be sharing this Fish sauce recipe with all of you. So, let’s see how much ingredients it will take to make this Fish sauce at home.
Ingredients for Fish Sauce
|Garlic cloves (chopped)||6|
|Lemon zest (from a small lemon)||1|
|Sea salt||3 tbsp|
|Black Peppercorns||2-3 tsp|
|Small whole fish||1 1/2 pounds|
|Non-chlorinated water||1-2 Cups|
|Sauerkraut brine||2 tbsp|
Add all these ingredients in your bucket list. You will get all these ingredients easily from the nearby supermarket. Now let’s see how much time do we need to make this tasty fish sauce.
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Total time|
|5 mins||5 mins|
Making it will not take much of your time but it will take extra 4-6 weeks to get it ready. You need to be patient during this period of time. Now the wait is finally over, you are just one step away from the fish sauce recipe.
Fish Sauce Recipe
- Mix the garlic and lemon zest together and season it with sea salt.
- Wash the fish first and then cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the pieces of fish in the mixture and coat it completely with the mixture.
- Add peppercorns and bay leaves in the mixture and transfer the whole mixture in a mason jar and press down the pieces.
- Add sauerkraut brine into the jar and after that fill the jar with water (but make sure to leave at least one inch of space at the top).
- Cover the jar tightly and leave the jar for 2-3 days at normal room temperature.
- After that, let it sit for 4-6 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Strain the mixture and remove the solids.
Store it in a glass bottle for 4-6 months in the refrigerator and your Fish Sauce Recipe is ready.
Nutritional Facts of Fish Sauce
I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in this recipe of Fish sauce for my health-conscious food lovers.
How to make Fish Sauce at Home | Video
I recommend all of you to watch this video before making this recipe because watching it live will make your task easy.
Now, it’s your turn. Try this amazing recipe at your home and share your wonderful experience with us in the comments below. I will definitely try to cover it in our upcoming blogs.