A dish from the 90s, Filet Mignon has tenderloin which is the softest and desirable cuts of meat. A lip-smacking Filet Mignon is just four ingredients and half an hour away.
My mother cooks the perfect Filet Mignon. She serves Mignon to us twice a week along with other delicacies. She just adds magic to the dish. Filet Mignon will always be my favourite pieces of meat.
When my mother shared the recipe for Filet Mignon with me, I overcooked it. Then, I noticed that the temperature was too high. Always ensure to check the temperature before putting meat into the oven, if you are within 10 degrees of the desired temperature then it would be cooked in minimum time.
If you can cook yummy and mouth-watering Filet Mignon in much less time using few ingredients, what’s the need to go to a steakhouse?
Filet Mignon, no doubt is one of the best delicacies to be served at your dining table. In this article, I will be sharing how to cook Filet Mignon at home. So, let’s check out the Filet Mignon Recipe.
Ingredients Required for Filet Mignon Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Filet mignon||4 (6 oz.)|
|Roughly chopped rosemary||1 tbsp|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 minutes||25 minutes||30 minutes|
Filet Mignon Recipe
- Take a large skillet. Heat oil in it over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of steak.
- Add steak to the pan when the oil is hot enough or about to turn to smoke.
- Let it cook till it gets seared. After flipping it, butter and rosemary should be put into it.
- Beat in butter and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Now, place the skillet in preheated oven and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Don’t overcook.
- Take out the steak and leave it undisturbed for about 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional Information of Filet Mignon Recipe
|Saturated Fats||4 g|
|Vitamin B6||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B12||1.4 mcg|