If you are thinking about making your middays tasty and cheerful, I am sure fabada will be a great option for you and today, I will be sharing its proper recipe with you.
If you are craving for Spanish cuisine, then fabada is a dish that you should never miss out as it has an amazing taste. This recipe is also known as pork and beans and it is considered one of Spain’s traditional recipes. It is basically served in winters as it is hot and helps relieve cold and it tastes best when served along with red wine or Asturian cider.
For the Fabada recipe, put beans in water. In another container, boil water and toss in pork. Cook the pork and remove the excess water. In a pot, put beans, saffron, diced ham, salt pork, morcilla sausage, chorizo, and cook. Let it simmer until the beans get soft. Soft
This was just a brief of the recipe; you will get more proper details of the recipe below. To begin with the recipe, take note of the ingredients first. Collect them so you can start as soon as possible to get this amazing outcome. You will love this recipe for sure.
Ingredients for Fabada
- ¼ pound salt pork
- 1 pound dried asturian beans
- ½ teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 10 cups water
- 8 ounces ½ inch sliced spanish chorizo sausage
- 8 ounces serrano ham cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces ½ inch sliced morcilla sausage
Now that you are well aware of the recipe’s recipe requirements let me introduce you to the total time you need to cook this fantastic recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Fabada?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|8 hour 30 minutes||2 hour 30 minutes||11 hours|
I know you all must be worried about the time it will take. But it is just the preparation time that makes its cooking procedure long and once you eat a bite of Pork and Beans, you will feel the worth of the time it is taking. So let’s get going to the method for making it.
Steps To Make Fabada
- You need to take the beans, submerge them in warm water, and keep them still for a night.
- Now take another container, add in 3 cups of water, boil the water over high flame, then toss in the salt pork, boil it for almost 6 minutes, and then remove the container and drain off the water.
- Now coming back to the beans, drain off all the water from the beans and put them in a container.
- Now boil them in water for almost 16 minutes so that all the extra foam comes to the top and you can remove it.
- The next step is to add in some saffron, diced ham and salt pork and let it simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Then add morcilla sausage and chorizo and let it get cooked for 5 more minutes and remove any foam if it appears.
- Now lower down the flame, add in bay leaf, and let it simmer until beans get soft for almost 3 hours.
- When you feel beans are cooked, keep them still for 25 minutes and then serve them.
Get ready to taste this amazing fabada; you will always cherish its amazing taste.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Fabada
For some diet conscious people who always want to know about the nutritional values of their meals. Here is the complete nutritional information for this recipe is given in the table below.
How To Make Fabada (Pork and Beans) At Home | Video
I have added this video of this whole recipe to help you make these bagels at home. If you have any confusion with the recipe, you can refer to this video anytime.
Do try this recipe at home and tell me about your experience in the comment section. Also, if you have any questions regarding the recipe, don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section. Moreover, your reviews are really important, so please share your feedback in the comment section.