Eton Mess is a great choice when it comes to desserts. Its made of strawberries, sugar and cream. It has a creamy and fruity taste. It is very easy to make and tastes heavenly.
Eton Mess is a classic British dessert made from a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue and cream. This dessert is called Eton mess because it was first made in Eton college and was served in their annual cricket match against Harrow school. This dessert is so satisfying and underrated and you can easily make it at home.
The first step to prepare Eton Mess is to put strawberries in the pomegranate juice and sugar. Leave it to macerate. Whip the cream and crumble meringue nests. Take the strawberries out and mix the fruit mixture and meringue cream together. It is ready!
I know this may sound a tad bit confusing, but I’ve mentioned the more detailed instructions below with proper ingredients and timings. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Cherries in the Snow– It is a dessert with cooked cherries and cream cheese. This dish is not exactly a cake and not precisely a pudding but a combination of both. A perfect no-bake recipe that can enlighten the celebration of any occasion.
2. Aztec Chocolate Bar– Aztec chocolates were known for their sweet and spicy taste as they used to add chili to their chocolates. Sounds strange, right? But to your surprise, this experiment of theirs got quite popular as it tasted delicious.
3. Tipsy Laird– Tipsy laird is a very simple Scottish Trifle made with sponge cake, raspberries, whiskey and whipped cream. This combination is as delicious as it sounds. This Scottish dessert is usually served during Christmas or on New Year’s eve.
4. Scottish Cranachan– This recipe is a traditional Scottish dish that is flavorful and very easy to make. It is made with oats along with other ingredients and also uses malt whisky for a boozy flavor.
Eton Mess Recipe
- 2 tsp Vanilla Sugar
- 4 cups Strawberries
- 2 cups Whipped Cream
- 2 tsp Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Packet Meringue Nests
- Firstly, take the strawberries and chop them properly. Take a container and put the chopped strawberries in it. Add pomegranate juice and sugar to it. Leave it to macerate.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream. Now, crumble the meringue's nests and add to the whipped cream.
- From the macerated strawberries, take half a cup out. Then, mix the remaining strawberry mixture and cream together.
- Put in bowls and top with the macerated strawberries and serve it.