Have you ever thought about snails as a yummy meal? If no, then I will be sharing this amazing recipe with you which is made with snails known as Escargots a la Bourguignonne and you will love it!
Escargots is a French term used for snails. This is an amazing French recipe which is then liked by German people also. I have learnt this recipe after surfing alot; then I watched this video on YouTube in which a German chef taught this whole recipe quickly. These snails are also known as burgundy snails or Roman snails.
You need a very good quality of snails to make Escargots a la Bourguignonne. Whisk them with butter, parsley, brandy, garlic and shallots in a bowl. Then you need to cover it and refrigerate it. Cover the pan with sea salt and put the butter mixture in each snail shell and bake it.
This was just an overview of the whole recipe. The detailed steps of this recipe of this are mentioned below along with the proper timings and the nutrients But first, let’s watch the detailed list of ingredients. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Kielbasa And Cabbage– Kielbasa and cabbage is a Polish dish that contains kielbasa, which is Polish sausage and cabbage along with other ingredients and flavors.
2. Haggis– Haggis is traditionally made with the sheep’s stomach filled with its heart, liver and tongue. This recipe is filled with some healthy nutrients like iron, magnesium, selenium, calcium, zinc and copper.
3. Braised Sauerkraut– This is a German cuisine that anyone can easily make at their home within an hour. It is most popular in Poland and now you can have the authentic taste of Poland by just sitting at your home.
4. Spelt Pasta– This recipe is an old one and is usually made in most European and western countries. These Spelt Pasta noodles are made up of the spelled flour and some other ingredients such as eggs and olive oil which adds to its healthy nature.
Ingredients For Escargots a la Bourguignonne
- 15lb Unsalted Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 cup Minced Parsley
- 1tsp French Brandy
- A Pinch Of Rock Salt
You will get all the ingredients from the nearest supermarket. Now let’s see the time that we need to invest in making this recipe
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Escargots a la Bourguignonne?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|35 minutes||10 minutes||45 minutes|
This will take only 45 minutes to cook the snail shells properly. So let’s move to the steps to make this amazing recipe at home.
Steps to Make Escargots a la Bourguignonne
- Whisk butter, Parsley, brandy, garlic, shallots in a bowl with a fork.
- Now season it with pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Cover it properly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Set the oven at 400 degrees and add 1/2 tsp butter mixture into each snail shell.
- Now cover the pan with rock salt and arrange the shells butter side up on a bed of salt and bake it until butter sizzles for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve them on a platter with country bread.
Your yummy Escargots a la Bourguignonne is ready now. Serve this recipe with any kind of sauce and you are going to love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Escargots a la Bourguignonne
For all the health conscious people, I’m sharing the nutritional values of all the nutrients available in this delicacy.
How To Make Escargots a la Bourguignonne At Home | Video
Here I have added this video in which I have explained the whole recipe. If you have any problem with the recipe given above, do check this video and solve your query.
Moreover, if you have any confusion with the recipe, then please write us in the comment section and I will get back to you soon with the solution. In addition to it, your feedback is really important to us, so do give your feedback in the comment section.