The Escabeche is the name of a fish that is known for its large size and healthy nutrients. We all know fishes are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids that are good for our body. So, considering this meal as your dinner or lunch is the best choice.
Well, you all have already guessed that what recipe it’s going to be on our menu today. This recipe is quite famous in the Asian, Mediterrane, and European regions and it goes by the name of Escabeche. This fish recipe is a popular food among the locals in the regions mentioned above and in some parts of Spain, where people love to have it.
To make Escabeche fish, salt the fish and cook it in oil from both sides in a pan. In another pan, saute vegetables and add vinegar and cornstarch to them. Then, add sugar, salt, pepper, and ketchup and stir it. Place the cooked fish on a plate and pour the sauce and the vegetables over it. Your Escabeche fish is ready!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Malvani Fish Curry– Malvani fish curry is one of the most exquisite dishes from Malvani cuisine. It is filled with the richness of coconut milk and ground Malvani spices which make it mesmerizing.
2. Baked Cod– Cod is an incredible fish and one of the most sold in America, as it is one of the most versatile too. Cod is excellently salted already but I recommend it to be lightly salted and then allowed to sit for a few hours in the fridge.
3. Venison (Deer) Meatloaf– This savory Venison Meatloaf recipe is delectably tender, perfectly seasoned, and lacquered in a rich and tangy sauce! This recipe will quickly become a favorite use of deer meat.
4. Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta– The creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta is a great yet simple summer pasta recipe with delicious cherry tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, goat cheese, herbs, and seasoning, all combined with whole-grain rotini.
Escabeche Fish Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 1 whole Escabeche
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup Ginger (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ⅓ teaspoon Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper (each)
- ½ teaspoon Cooking Oil
- 2 teaspoons Ketchup
- First, you need to season the fish with salt. After that, add some oil in the frying pan and fry the fish until it is entirely brown from both sides.
- Take another saucepan and add some oil to it. Saute bell peppers, onion, carrots, ginger and garlic in it. After you saute them for about 3-4 minutes, add some vinegar and cornstarch to it.
- After adding the two, stir it and add sugar and ketchup to the pan. Season with some salt and pepper. This will enhance the taste and keep stirring.
- Now, all you have to do is, pour the sauce that you made into the fish. Serve it immediately