Emily’s honey lime coleslaw is a great revamp to traditional coleslaw. It has a honey and lime dressing with red pepper flakes, making it the perfect fusion of flavors for a coleslaw. It is a great side dish or a summer salad.
In comparison to the traditional coleslaw, which uses a mayonnaise-based dressing, The Emily’s honey-lime coleslaw is better. It uses a great fusion of flavors and has crunchy vegetables. It makes it great for a summer salad.
To make Emily’s honey lime coleslaw, mix lime zest, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oil in a bowl. Combine the vegetables and drizzle the dressing and toss. Chill for 2 hours and serve.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. The detailed recipe, along with additional important information, can be found below. Let’s have a look at the ingredients.
Ingredients For Emily’s Honey Lime Coleslaw
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Lime Zest (grated)
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 3/4 pound Red Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Carrots (shredded)
- 2 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro Leaves
These are all the ingredients you need to make this honey line coleslaw. Before we look at the steps, let’s have a quick look at the time needed to prepare it.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Emily’s Honey Lime Coleslaw?
|Preparation Time||Chilling Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
Remember this, any coleslaw tastes best when chilled for at least an hour or two. Let’s start with steps.
Steps To Make Emily’s Honey Lime Coleslaw
- In a bowl, add the lime zest, lime juice, honey, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Whisk all these ingredients together.
- Pour in the oil and continue to whisk until the oil gets blended.
- In a large bowl, put the cabbage, carrots and green onions and combine them. Then, drizzle the honey lime dressing over it and toss, so everything gets lightly covered with the dressing.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill. After that, garnish with cilantro and serve.
It was that simple. Your sweet, spicy and tangy slaw is ready. Before you eat it, have a look at its nutritional content.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Emily’s Honey Lime Coleslaw
Here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
This was it! Try this crunchy salad at home. Let me know if you have any suggestions or queries related to the recipe. Mention them in the comments and I’ll try my best to answer it. Till then, happy eating!