I know the easiest way to make Elderberry Jelly, which only requires 4 ingredients. I have shared the recipe for that tasty jelly that you can make at home in this post.
During my childhood, I visited North California and there, I first tasted this antiviral jelly. During my visit, I walked alongside the riverside and noticed a tree with purple berries. So I was curious and decided to pluck some berries. But my grandfather stopped me from doing so. He told me these are Elderberries and they can be poisonous if eaten raw. So that day, he told me about Elderberry Jelly and it’s the recipe.
You only need 4 ingredients to make Elderberry Jelly that is Elderberries, Sugar, Calcium Water and Pomona’s Pectin Powder. Boil Elderberry juice. Then add sugar, calcium water and pectin to the juice. And your jelly is almost ready to eat.
This was a very short summary of the recipe. Be sure you check step by step instructions and video instructions that will help you make the best Elderberry Jelly ever. Now let’s see the quantity of those 4 ingredients.
Ingredients for Elderberry Jelly
- 2-3 pounds of Elderberries
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 2 tsp Calcium Water
- 2 tsp Pomona’s Pectin Powder
Elderberries may not be available in supermarkets or grocery stores due to their delicate nature. So try to look for them in your farmers’ market or ask them where you can find those berries. Now let’s see how much time it will take to make these medicinal jellies.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Elderberry Jelly?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 mins||30 mins||1 hour|
This jelly won’t take much of your time and can be prepared easily. They are a great choice when you have flu or cold as it helps a lot during that time. So let’s see the recipe for Elderberry Jelly.
Steps to Make Elderberry Jelly
- First, make Elderberry juice by simmering them with water. Then strain them through a jelly bag overnight.
- Make 4 cups of Elderberry juice.
- Boil that juice and add half sugar to it.
- Add Calcium Water and simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix pectin juice with the remaining sugar. But remember not to add it directly into the juice as it will clump.
- Now add the pectin and sugar mixture directly into the juice. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Your Elderberry jelly is almost ready. Pour them into canning jars.
- Process them in a water bath canner for almost 5 minutes.
Your Elderberry Jelly is ready. You can have this jelly as it can be helpful during flu or cold.
Nutritional Breakdown of Elderberry Jelly
This jelly is rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Let’s see how many nutrients does this jelly provides you.
How to Make Elderberry Jelly at Home | Video
Don’t worry if you didn’t get the steps. This video will help you to clear all your doubts. Here is a step by a step video tutorial on how you can make this jelly at home
So what are you waiting for? Just go and make these awesome Elderberry Jelly at your home. We are waiting for your reviews in the comment section below, so don’t forgot to post one. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes!