Eggplant salad is a simple recipe and a great one, too. It requires ingredients that one can find easily in their pantry. It has a simple cooking process and is low in calories. If you are the one that likes to count calories while eating delicious food then, this is the recipe for you.
In the 1700s, the European version of this plant was smaller and white and not gourd-shaped and purple, as we see today. They looked like goose eggs and, thus, were named “eggplants”. It is also known as ‘aubergine’ and ‘brinjal’.
To make eggplant salad, make holes in the eggplant and bake for about an hour and a half. Then, remove the skin and chop it. Cook the garlic and transfer it to a bowl. Add vinegar, oil, sugar, oregano, and basil. Mix well. Pour over the chopped eggplant. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
This was an overview of the recipe. You’ll find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Roasted Vegetables– You are going to love roasted vegetables as a side dish for your meals. It is an easy and healthy recipe to make at home.
2. Cowboy Caviar– Cowboy Caviar is a delicious, colorful and tasty salsa that anyone can easily make at home. It is simple and easy to make and can be made it in no time.
3. Spinach Olives– If you love spinach then, the spinach olives recipe is the best one for you. The recipe has spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and garlic. It is a great combination of different flavors and textures. It is also delicious.
4. Waldorf Salad– This salad is a mixture of sweet, crunchy, and nutty flavors and textures. When all these work together, they make the perfect salad. It is very easy to make Waldorf salad and you can make this recipe in minutes.
Eggplant Salad Recipe
- 6 Medium Eggplant
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Make several holes in the eggplant with a fork and place it on a baking sheet. Bake it for about an hour and a half. This time should be enough for it to become soft. Keep it aside to cool completely. Then, gently remove the skin and chop it.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. Then, add garlic to it and cook it until the colour changes to a golden brown.
- Put the cooked garlic in a bowl. Add the remaining oil, sugar, oregano, vinegar, and basil. Mix it until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add to the chopped eggplant and coat it with the dressing. Sprinkle salt and pepper as per your taste and mix it well.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. I recommend you all try this salad at home and share your experience or any of your recipes with us in the comments below. If you have any queries, leave them in the comments as well. I’ll try my best to help you. Till then, happy eating!