One of the most vital factors we should work on is our health. It is why I am going to share a gluten-free and low on carbohydrates recipe with you. The recipe for today is eggplant Napoleon.
To make eggplant Napoleon, dip the eggplants in eggs and breadcrumbs. Once coated, cook them until they turn crispy in a skillet.
Transfer it to a baking tray and layer basil leaves, tomato slices, and mozzarella cheese. Cover it with another slice of eggplant and bake it until the cheese melts.
This eggplant recipe might be bland. But if you bake it and stack it between a little garlicky mayonnaise and mozzarella, it will taste spectacular!
Let me share with you the recipe for this eggplant Napoleon. Below I have listed the ingredients. Let’s have a look. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters. Let’s check them out.
Other Starter Recipes That You Can Try
- Acorn Squash Soup Recipe
- She-Crab Soup Recipe
- Black Soup Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- Meatloaf Sliders Recipe
- Roasted Fennels Recipe
- Rumbledethumps Recipe
- Berenjenas Con Miel Recipe
- Greek Spaghetti Recipe
- Vegetarian Nachos Grande Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Eggplant Napoleon?
- Oven – Bake the cooked eggplant in the preheated oven until brown and crispy.
- Baking Tray – Place the cooked eggplant on the baking tray, followed by basil leaves, tomato slices, and mozzarella cheese.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray – Cooking spray helps to crisp up the eggplant and keeps them from sticking to the skillet as they cook.
- Skillet – Cook the eggplant in a skillet until they turn crispy.
- Bowl – Use two separate bowls for the eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Tongs – Cook the coated eggplant evenly with the help of tongs.
- Knife – Cut the Roma tomato into slices and chop the basil leaves with a knife.
- Grater – Grate the cheese with a cheese grater for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Cut the tomato and chop the basil leaves on a chopping board.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Eggplant Napoleon?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||20 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Eggplant Napoleon?
- Eggplant – Choose the freshest eggplants and utilize them within a week of buying them. Instead of dull and wrinkled eggplants, go for glossy, plump ones.
- Eggs – Dip eggplant in whisked eggs to temper the bitterness and make it creamier.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Use fresh grated or store-bought shredded mozzarella. Please, for the love of all tasty things, do not use the canned grated stuff.
- Roma Tomatoes – Pick fresh Roma tomatoes that are tight to the skin; they will be the crispest for this recipe.
- Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs – Use seasoned Italian breadcrumbs to make a crisp and crunchy coating for eggplant Napoleon.
- Basil Leaves – Basil leaves will add a hint of sweetness to the dish.
Steps To Make Eggplant Napoleon
1. It’s Just The Start
Take a bowl and whisk eggs in it. Now dredge the eggplants into the whisked eggs and then into the breadcrumbs. Make sure it gets coated well.
Take a skillet and drizzle some cooking spray. Heat the oil over medium flame. Place the coated eggplants in the skillet and cook them until they turn crispy.
Cook from both sides with the help of cooking spray. Repeat this process on every slice of eggplant. Keep them aside.
2. Bake It To Another Level
Put your oven on preheat mode at 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). In a baking tray, make a layer of the cooked eggplant at the bottom.
Place basil leaves, tomato slices, and mozzarella cheese on every slice of the eggplant. Cover it with another slice of eggplant.
Top with remaining tomato slice and mozzarella. Bake it for 5 minutes and serve hot.
How Will Eggplant Napoleon Look And Taste Like?
Prepared in a skillet with an egg and Italian breadcrumb coating, a quickly pan-fried slice of eggplant cooks up crispy and light. Use it for everything from eggplant parmigiana to these elegant eggplant Napoleons.
A hefty appetizer of richly embellished eggplant Napoleons dressed only with my sweet roasted Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, and Italian breadcrumbs. Simplicity is magnificent.
Eggplant Napoleon Recipe
- Baking Tray
- Cooking Spray
- Chopping Board
- 2 Eggplant
- 6 Eggs
- 6 ounces Mozzarella Cheese (sliced into ⅛ inches thick)
- 6 large Roma Tomatoes (sliced into ⅛ inches)
- 1 ½ cups Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 15 leaves Basil
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs in it.
- Now dredge the eggplants into the whisked eggs and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Make sure it gets coated well.
- Take a skillet and drizzle some cooking spray. Heat the oil over medium flame.
- Place the coated eggplants in the skillet and cook them until they turn crispy.
- Cook from both sides with the help of cooking spray.
- Repeat this process on every slice of eggplant. Keep them aside.
- Put your oven on preheat mode at 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- In a baking tray, make a layer of the cooked eggplant at the bottom.
- Place basil leaves, tomato slices, and mozzarella cheese on every slice of the eggplant.
- Cover it with another slice of eggplant.
- Top with remaining tomato slice and mozzarella.
- Bake it for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to serve with eggplant Napoleon?
Since eggplant Napoleon is considered a side dish or appetizer on its own, you’ll want to serve this with something more of main course. Here are some ideas. You can serve it with grilled chicken kebabs, cilantro lime salmon, and many more.
What’s the best way to cook eggplant?
The best and easiest way to cook eggplant is to pan fry it. Prepared in tandem with an egg and Italian breadcrumb coating, a quickly pan-fried slice of eggplant cooks up crispy and light. Use them for everything from eggplant parmigiana to these elegant eggplant Napoleons.
What is an Eggplant Napoleon?
An eggplant Napoleon is an appetizer that usually consists of eggplant rounds stacked with layers of tomato slices and mozzarella cheese. They are super easy to make and look just as delicious as they taste! They could even be used as a side dish.
How is this fried eggplant recipe different from others?
Between the soaking method and breading technique- this fried eggplant recipe is unbeatable! It probably has a step or two more than you’re used to – but this chef-perfected method is next-level.
To make a grilled eggplant Napoleon, you need to grill the eggplant rather than cooking it in the skillet. Please share your reviews in the comment section.
For your queries refer the same section and post your question there. If you like this recipe, share it with your near and dear ones and enjoy together.