One of the most vital factors we should work upon is our health. I know many of you are already doing so and some of you are trying to keep up with the healthy habits. This is the reason I will share with you a gluten-free and low on carbohydrates recipe. The recipe for today is Eggplant Napoleon.
Eggplant Napoleon is a stack of roasted eggplant with tomato and mozzarella cheese. This recipe is made with minimal oil. So don’t worry about the calories or carbs. This dish will be a good option for all the health lovers. It is an excellent option for dinner.
Let me share you the recipe of this Eggplant Napoleon. Below I have listed the ingredients. Let’s have a look.
Ingredients for Eggplant Napoleon
|Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs||1 ½ cups|
|Cooking Spray||As per requirement|
|Basil leaves||15 leaves|
|Roma Tomatoes||6 large, sliced into 1/8 inch thick|
|Mozzarella Cheese||2 balls/ 6 ounces, sliced into 1/8 inch thick|
These ingredients are readily available in a supermarket. You may find some of them in your kitchen garden itself. So make a list and start collecting them. Till then let me tell you in how much time will this recipe be cooked.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 minutes||20 minutes||45 minutes|
Preparing this dish will take less than an hour. It an easy recipe to make. So start prepping up and follow the instruction to make it.
Eggplant Napoleon Recipe
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs in it.
- Now dunk the eggplants in the eggs and then into the bread crumbs. Make sure it gets coated well.
- Take a skillet and spray some cooking spray. Heat the oil over medium flame. Place the coated eggplants in the skillet and cook them until they turn crispy. Cook on each side with the help of cooking spray. Repeat this process on every slice of eggplant. Keep them aside.
- Put your oven on preheat mode on 275 degrees F (135 degrees C)
- In a baking tray, make a layer of the eggplant at the bottom. Place basil leaves, tomato slice and mozzarella cheese on every slice of the eggplant. Cover it with another slice of eggplant. Top with remaining tomato slice and mozzarella.
- Bake it for 5 minutes and serve hot.
I must say this dish is worth trying. As we know, eggplants taste bland. So I will love to suggest a sauce which will make a great combination with this. I guess it will pair well with Red Pepper Coulis. So check out the recipe for the sauce too.
Nutritional Breakdown of Eggplant Napoleon
How to Make Eggplant Napoleon at Home | Video
Eggplant may not be loved by some of us or by the kids. But this eggplant dish will be liked by everyone at your home. To help you more, I have uploaded a video of the recipe. Watch the video to begin with the recipe.
To make a grilled Eggplant Napoleon, you need to grill the eggplant rather than cooking it in the skillet. Please share your reviews in the comment section. For your queries refer the same section and post your question there. If you like this recipe, share it with your near and dear ones and enjoy together.