Do you guys love eggs? Well, eggs are an important part of our lives. We usually eat them for our breakfast and sometimes for dinner as well. Why we eat so many eggs? To answer this, you should know what an egg comprises of. Eggs are the rich source of protein that our body needs to build its muscles; apart from protein, eggs also help our body by providing various other nutrients essential for our nourishment. That’s why eggs are important and we should have them.
We usually have eggs either boiled or we generally make an omelet of it. But have you ever heard of a drink that is made using an egg? Yes, a drink having an egg as a key ingredient. You might be wondering what drink it is, and probably want to know its name right away. So, this drink goes by the name of eggnog. Don’t you worry about the taste; it is one of the most delicious and healthiest drinks you would have ever tasted in your entire life.
This drink is usually made by cooking eggs and some other ingredients, including sugar, cream and milk. You can imagine the health quotient of this drink while looking at the ingredients only. So, let’s start the arrangement of this drink and know how it’s made.
Ingredients for Eggnog
|Egg Yolks||6 pc|
|Granulated Sugar||½ cup|
|Whipping Cream||1 cup|
|Ground Nutmeg||½ tsp.|
|Vanilla Extract||¼ tsp.|
|Ground Cinnamon||To garnish|
These ingredients listed above are mandatory and you will get them from any supermarket or grocery store near you. Grab them and let’s make this eggnog drink at your home.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
The time involved in the whole process of making this egg drink is not that long. It can be easily made in a few minutes.
Now comes the most awaited part of the recipe. Here is the complete procedure of how you make this eggnog recipe at home. Follow the steps given below and make it more delicious.
- In a medium bowl, add egg yolks and sugar, whisk them together until they turn light and creamy.
- Keep a saucepan over medium-high heat and add cream, milk, nutmeg and salt to it. Mix and cook it until it reaches a bare simmer.
- In the egg mixture made before, add a spoonful of milk to it and stir it continuously. Add more milk so that the mixture is more light and temper.
- After you add the hot milk to the eggs, pour this mixture into the saucepan and keep it on the stove.
- Whisk this mixture on medium heat until it becomes thicker. After reaching a good consistency, remove the heat and add vanilla into it.
- Now, in a pitcher, add eggnog and cover it with some plastic wrap. Refrigerate it and it will get thicker after it cools.
- You can add this mixture into the best mixer grinder and blend it until smooth. Add more milk if you need it.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and fresh whipped cream over the top and it’s ready to be served.
And your eggnog drink with lots of health-boosting nutrients is ready. It can be stored for up to one week. Enjoy this delicious and healthy drink with your family and friends.
Nutritional Breakdown of Eggnog
The nutritional breakdown of this drink is provided in the table below.
How to Make Eggnog at Home | Video
This video will help you to understand this eggnog recipe better. Watch this video and know the exact procedure with more details.
I hope you will like this recipe. Please tell us about its taste and the experiences comments box below. We would love to see your comments and we will surely reply. Till then, take care and stay tuned to see more such amazing recipes.