Have you ever heard of tofu? It is a very tasty and healthy soya bean product which is usually consumed in different Asian and European countries. So, where does it come from?
This food is basically from the parts of China, where tofu was considered as one of the best medications for various health disorders. And even today, it is widely consumed mot only in china but the majority parts of south and Southeast Asia as well.
Today we are going to make a different kind of tofu which is very unique. This tastes really good and is healthy as well. Today, we are making Egg Tofu. This is the modified version of the regular tofu which everyone usually consumes.
This recipe is quite easy and sorted. I have learned this recipe from my elder sister as she is very much interested in health and fitness and usually make healthy dishes at home.
So, I came up with this idea to share this recipe with you guys as I already made it at home a few days back. So to make Egg Tofu at home, you will need some ingredients which are easily available in any supermarket or the grocery store at your nearest location.
Ingredients For Egg Tofu
|Green onion||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Japanese Tofu||3 tubes|
This recipe will take only a few minutes to get prepared. You don’t have to wait much for it. The time distribution is shown in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes|
This recipe is very easy to make. It is not confusing at all. You will understand all the directions clearly that I have mentioned below.
Egg Tofu Recipe
- Take the pieces of tofu and cover them fully into the corn starch.
- Take a pan and add oil in it, now fry these tofu pieces until they become golden brown in color and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, heat some oil and add garlic cloves until they smell like done cooking.
- Make a mixture of the sauce by mixing ketchup, sugar, water, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and a tablespoon of corn starch in a bowl.
- Pour this sauce mixture in a pan and cook it until it becomes thick.
- Now add the tofu pieces in this sauce and stir it for some time.
- After the tofu gets properly mixed with the sauce, turn off the flame and keep it aside.
And here you go. Garnish this tofu with some green onion and fresh coriander leaves, which adds to its taste. Enjoy this healthy meal with your loved ones at home.
Nutritional Facts of Egg Tofu
The tofu is a rich source of protein and helps in building strong muscles and prevents any health disorders. Here is the complete nutritional breakdown which will make you aware of its healthy nature.
|Vitamin A||135 IU|
How To Make Egg Tofu at Home | Video
Now, if you are trying this Egg Tofu recipe for the first time at your home, then I really suggest you watch this video below, so that you can get a complete idea about this recipe.
I hope you have liked this recipe. Please share your valuable feedback with us in the comments box below, we would love to hear from you people. Till then, stay tuned for more such amazing recipes.