Egg bagels are really a good breakfast idea and today I’m bringing this amazing recipe for you that will solve your breakfast problem.
Egg bagels are basically originated in Poland. But they are better than normal bagels and I came to know about this recipe during my visit to Poland when I had these yummy egg bagels at the hotel. I surfed about the recipe because that really made me craving for more. Egg bagels are really good option if you want to build more tissue because they are calorie-rich.
To Make egg bagels, add yeast in water and dissolve it properly then add salt and sugar and mix them properly. In other bowl beat eggs and add flour to make it smooth dough, knead it, make small balls, add sugar in them, and boil for few minutes, then brush them with yolk and bake them for few minutes.
Yeast, sugar and eggs are the main ingredients for this delicacy and the detailed list of ingredients is given below. With that, the complete recipe with all the mandatory steps are also given below. You can check the complete recipe to make these Bagels at home.
Ingredients For Egg Bagels
- 1/2 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 4 cups Flour
All of these ingredients must be already present at your home. You don’t need to visit any store to get all of these.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Egg Bagels?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
These bagels with eggs will almost take about 15 minutes to get prepared. It’s time to check out the detailed steps of this recipe.
Steps To Make Egg Bagels
- In water, add yeast and dissolve it properly.
- Add salt and sugar and mix them properly.
- Beat the eggs and stir well.
- Add 4 cups of flour and make it a smooth thin dough.
- Knead it for 10 to 15 minutes and cover it, then set it aside for 40 minutes to rise.
- In 10 equal parts, divide the dough and knead separately to form a small ball. Now make a pit in it with your finger.
- Add sugar and bring it to boil. Boil 4-5 bagels at a time for 5 minutes. Then dry them on a paper towel.
- Mix water with egg yolk and brush your bagels with it.
- Bake them for 30 minutes at 400F until it turns brown.
Your bagels are ready now. These chewy bagels tastes better and fresher as compared to other type of bagels.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Egg Bagels
Eggs are the great source of proteins, so these bagels are rich in protein and calcium. So let’s just check the nutritional breakdown of these bagels!
How To Make Egg Bagels At Home | Video
I have added this video of this whole recipe to help you make these bagels at home. If you have any confusion with the recipe, you can refer to this video anytime.
Do try this recipe at home and tell me about your experience in the comment section. Also, if you have any questions regarding the recipe, don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section. Moreover, your reviews are really important, so please share your feedback in the comment section.