Eel sauce is not actually made of eel. This sauce is served alongside Japanese dishes like sushi. Natsume, Unagi or Kabayaki are some of its varieties. One of the main ingredients of Eel Sauce is mirin, a Japanese rice wine.
I once happened to visit a Japanese restaurant with my friend where we were served sushi and eel sauce. It was quite yummy. So i and my friend pledged to make it at our home. After a lot of researching, we made the Eel sauce and it turned out to be perfect, much to our happiness.
You need only 3 ingredients to get a fantastic sauce. And it is very quicker and easier to make. So, given below is the delicious Eel Sauce Recipe. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Peach Cobbler Oatmeal– A delicious peach cobbler with a topping that tastes just like an oatmeal cookie. Made with fresh peaches it makes a wonderful summer dessert.
2. Pear Preserves– This pear preserves recipe only calls for eight simple ingredients that are likely hiding in your kitchen already. Folks often wonder how to make pear preserves, and we’re here to set the record straight.
3. Churros– In my opinion, Churros are one of the worlds best desserts – when made fresh from scratch of course. These are hands down the best churros I’ve ever had, even better than those I got in the Mexican market.
4. Apple Jam– Apple Jam and bread is no doubt the staple diet of the majority of us. I begin my day with jam and bread. When I learnt that it can be made at home with much ease, I immediately sprung into action.
Ingredients Required for Eel Sauce Recipe
|Soy sauce||1/2 cup|
|White sugar||1/2 cup|
|Mirin (Japanese sweet wine )||1/2 cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
Eel Sauce Recipe
- Take a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, cook soy sauce, sugar and mirin.
- Keep stirring while it is being cooked until the liquid gets reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Your sauce is ready.
Nutritional information of Eel Sauce Recipe
|Total carbohydrates||24.5 gm|
|Dietary fiber||0.2 gm|