In student years, it is rare for anyone to be overweight or have health problems. But poor nutrition affects all organs, which is important for the upcoming years of life. In addition, excessive amounts of refined carbohydrates, non-compliance with the body’s biorhythms, and the use of low-quality food affect performance and well-being at present. Proper nutrition, as well as essay help, make the student’s life way more enjoyable.
Students’ meals should be prepared to take into account the following characteristics of students and young people:
- Fast metabolism — diets with low calories in this period are not necessary;
- Still, intense growth and the formation of a muscular corset determine a high need for protein, especially for guys;
- Mobility – students are constantly on the go, doing several things at once and spending a lot of energy on it;
- Constant haste — few people have time to cook complex dishes, so the simpler the diet, the better;
- Other priorities — young people prefer to communicate a lot and have fun in addition to studying, so they can not devote much time to cooking;
Balanced Nutrition For Students Provides for Compliance With Simple Rules:
- Drink clean water to prevent dehydration, which negatively affects the metabolic processes and the condition of all organs. The ideal amount is considered to be 30 ml of water for each kilogram of weight. It is not recommended to drink during a meal; it is better to drink half an hour before and an hour after it;
- Eat regularly, at least three times a day. This will help you never feel hungry and have a fast metabolism. The habit of skipping breakfast and eating a lot in the evening must be avoided;
- Each meal should consist of protein, healthy fats, carbohydrates, and fiber-rich foods. Then the body will receive all the necessary substances to maintain an active lifestyle;
- Refined carbohydrates should be consumed minimally if you want a bun or pastry – it is better to eat it in earlier in the day;
- Dinner should be served 3 hours before bedtime. The best set of foods for this meal is protein + vegetables;
Nutrition and academic performance of students are closely related, so the diet should include foods that activate the brain. These are walnuts and other nuts, dried fruits, fruits, fatty sea fish, avocados, and others.
The student’s healthy menu rules should be supplemented and improved individually for each person and their goals: gaining, maintaining or reducing weight.
How to Eat Well On a Budget: Life Hacks
Most young men and women tend to save on food in favor of other, more important needs. Therefore, their diet often consists of cheap and harmful products that are well saturated due to the huge amount of sugar, starch, and flavor enhancers in the composition. The opinion that healthy food is very expensive is stereotypical and erroneous; a healthy diet can be adapted to almost any budget.
Here Are a Few Secrets:
- Planning. If you plan the menu for the week in advance, make a list of necessary products, and buy them once a week, you can save both time and money. The less often a person visits supermarkets, the more he saves;
- Buy products of non-advertised brands or without the packaging. Spending on advertising, boxes, packaging bags — this is almost half the cost of food;
- It is cheaper to buy fruits and vegetables when they are in season;
- Freeze vegetables, fruits, and herbs from the summer, when their cost is very low. Then in the winter, there will be no need for purchased goods;
- Avoid carbonated drinks and drinking water in bottles;
- Include eggs in the daily menu. They are an inexpensive, rich source of protein, healthy fats and satisfy hunger for a long time;
- Carry healthy snacks with you. If you do not buy fast food, chocolate bars, and buns on the go, you can be surprised at how much money is saved;
- Buy the necessary non-perishable goods in bulk.
The peculiarities of students’ nutrition are that they often do not have time to eat. To make it, it is recommended to make a plan for the next day every evening to understand when it will be comfortable to eat. As a student, I always did that, it helped me save much time, so I was able to write my research paper properly.
The best diet for students is five meals with a time interval between meals of three hours. All of them must be at the same time every day — so all the body’s systems will work smoothly, and the metabolic processes are fast.
Example of the Students’ Meal Schedule by the Hour:
- 20:00-second dinner.
Sample Menu For The Day for Guys
Students’ meals will be different for different genders. Guys naturally have a better developed muscular corset and faster metabolism, so:
- they need more protein than girls;
- they can eat carbohydrate-rich foods in the afternoon without fear of gaining weight.;
- to gain weight, you need to eat large portions.
Sample Menu For The Day:
- Breakfast — oatmeal porridge with milk, omelet with cheese, whole grain bread with butter, coffee with milk;
- Snack — wholegrain bread sandwich, 2 hard-boiled eggs, and 50 g of avocado;
- Lunch-pilaf with turkey, whole grain bread, salad of beets, prunes, and walnuts, seasoned with vegetable oil;
- Snack-rice pancakes with cottage cheese and berries;
- Dinner-buckwheat porridge, steamed vegetables, baked fish;
The second dinner is kefir with bran.
Sample Menu For The Week For Girls
Girls need to eat a lot of foods rich in healthy fats to preserve the beauty and youth of the skin, the strength of hair and nails: flax seeds, chia, nuts, avocado, fatty sea fish.
Example of Proper Nutrition of Female Students:
- Breakfast — oatmeal pancake stuffed with raisins, nuts and bananas, coffee with milk;
- Snack – a sandwich with whole-grain bread with boiled meat and tomato;
- Lunch-vegetable stew with any lean meat;
- Snack -cheesecakes with prunes without flour and sugar;
- Dinner — steamed fish cutlets, salad of cucumbers, herbs, and cabbage, seasoned with vegetable oil.
- The Second Dinner — 100 g of cottage cheese 5 %, 10 g of flaxseeds.
Tips for Organizing Meals
Useful recommendations for students’ nutrition that will help them keep up with everything:
Buy containers and put food in them for a few days in advance. This will help you spend less time cooking and transport the dishes with you;
Subscribe to several blogs with useful and simple recipes to save your favorite ones. So it will be easier and faster to create a menu;
Make preparations in the evening: soak peas, beans, defrost meat and fish, use the delay mode when cooking in a slow cooker;
Never skip breakfast-the morning meal will allow you not to feel hungry for at least 2-3 hours after eating, will start the metabolic processes, and maintain efficiency.
How to Supplement A Balanced Diet
- A healthy diet will bring more benefits to the student if it is combined with:
- Taking vitamin complexes;
- Regular physical activity;
- Healthy sleep —8 hours a day minimum;
- Contrast shower;
- Care procedures at home: scrubbing, moisturizing, skin nutrition, massage, wraps.
In any case, a properly balanced diet requires time and effort. However, the energy, good mood, and well-being that it gives the student will allow him to do much more than when he eats junk food on the go.