By October, the urge for pumpkin reaches its peak. This time, we’re giving this fruit a unique twist. We are recreating a Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. It is delicious, creamy, and a cheaper alternative to hitting your local Starbucks.
The Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is a top-notch beverage on the Starbucks menu. You only need three essential ingredients, i.e., espresso, milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice toppings, and there you will have your creamy and delightful caffeine fix. All you have to do is to go by the guide thoroughly for the best results and flavors.
So, why wait for more? Let’s whip up a batch of this delicious Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte and be the next Barista. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Go through this step-by-step guide and immediately try this iced latte at home.
What's In The Post
Is This The Exact Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe?
Yes, it is the exact Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. However, the details of making this latte are closely guarded by the company and not disclosed.
However, this homemade version of Starbucks’ Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte can vary slightly from the restaurant’s. Nevertheless, this homemade version allows you to customize the recipe to your preferences and enjoy this fruity latte at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- This espresso-based pumpkin-flavored coffee is a refreshing way to spice up your day and is relatively easier to make than you would think to whip up!
- You only need a few ingredients to make this coffee, i.e., espresso, milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spices.
- You don’t need to pay a hefty amount to make this coffee by ditching the drive-thru.
Does Starbucks Use Real Pumpkins In Their Latte?
No, Starbucks does not use real pumpkins in their pumpkin latte. It is made with pumpkin puree, a canned ingredient from cooked, mashed pumpkins.
Starbucks in 2015 claimed that their Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte did not contain real pumpkin, but they later changed their story and said that the drink had pumpkin puree. For the uninformed, Starbucks uses real pumpkins for pumpkin puree. However, if you prepare your drink using real pumpkins for pumpkin puree.
Is There Coffee In The Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Starbucks has used its signature Espresso Roast to make an espresso shot. It is a dark roast coffee made with 100% Arabica beans. It has a rich, bold flavor and is perfect for making iced coffee drinks.
However, feel free to experiment with any coffee. Or, if you are looking for a coffee-free option, make this latte with decaf espresso.
Is Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Vegan Or Gluten-Free?
Unfortunately, this Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is not vegan. It is made with espresso, milk, and whipped cream; all of these ingredients are animal-based.
But, if you are gluten intolerant, you can proceed with this Starbucks cafe menu item. For people following a vegan diet, prepare this drink with almond or soy milk at home.
Equipment Required To Make Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Glass – Prepare the creamy and delicious Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte in a tall glass.
- Long Spoon – Mix everything with a long spoon for the perfect flavor and texture.
Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients
- Espresso – You’ll need an espresso shot to make the base of the iced latte.
- Milk – We have used whole milk to make this iced latte. It will give the latte a smooth foam without being overwhelmingly creamy.
- Pumpkin Puree – One tablespoon of pumpkin puree is all you need for pumpkin flavor and sweetness.
- Pumpkin Spice – Sprinkle pumpkin spice, including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice. The sauce is added for a comforting and mildly sweet taste.
- Ice Cubes – Ice cubes will help keep the drink cold.
- Whipped Cream – Whipped cream gives the latte an extra layer of luscious creaminess. Whip some cream and float it on your latte for a decorative touch.
Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients Substitutions
- Espresso – You can use strong brewed coffee if you do not have espresso.
- Milk – You can use different milk, such as almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
- Pumpkin Puree – You can use canned puree at most grocery stores. You can also use fresh pumpkin puree, which must be cooked and pureed before use.
- Whipped Cream – If you do not have whipped cream, you can use a dollop of yogurt or cream cheese.
- Pumpkin Spice Topping – You can make your pumpkin topping by combining cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. You can also find pumpkin spice topping at most grocery stores.
Do You Need Any Special Pumpkin Sauce For This Recipe?
No, you don’t need any special pumpkin sauce for the Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte, as we have used pre-homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe. This Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte combines espresso, milk, pumpkin puree, spices, and whipped cream.
The pumpkin sauce combines pumpkin puree, condensed milk, sugar, and salt. The combination of these ingredients brings out magnifying results and refreshing flavors.
How Much Milk Is In McDonald’s Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
According to the McDonald’s website, a small (12 ounces) glass of Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte has 10.9 fl ounces of whole milk, a medium (16-ounces) glass has 14.2 fl ounces of whole milk, while a large (20 oz) glass has 17.5 fl oz of whole milk.
If you are lactose intolerant or vegan, prepare this Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte with almond or soy milk. You can also ask for the drink to be made without milk, but it will be less creamy.
How Much Espresso Is In McDonald’s Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
There is one shot of espresso in a McDonald’s Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. The espresso is made with dark-roasted coffee beans blended with steamed whole or nonfat milk, pumpkin spice-flavored syrup, and ice.
Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Preparation Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||–||10 Minutes|
Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe Steps
- Take a blender and add one tablespoon of espresso.
- Next, pour in half a cup of chilled milk.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract, and pulse the ingredients in a smooth consistency.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the pumpkin spice latte into the serving glass.
- Top the latte with whipped cream, and your Starbucks iced pumpkin spice latte is ready to be served!
Tips To Make Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Better
- We recommend using fresh pumpkin puree for the natural flavor. However, Starbucks uses canned and pre-spiced pumpkin puree, which gives the drink a slightly artificial flavor.
- Pumpkin puree and the spices are naturally sweet, making the drink sweet. If you are not a big fan of sweet drinks, you can ask for less syrup or replace it with a different flavor, such as vanilla or hazelnut.
- Instead of using plain ice cubes, you can freeze some brewed coffee in an ice tray and use them too. It will add an extra flavor to your iced latte.
- You can prepare it at home if you don’t have vanilla syrup handy. Trust me; it’s 1000 times better than the store-bought version. All you have to do is simmer the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved and stir in either vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract.
- You can use half-and-half for a creamier and richer latte instead of plain milk. Or prefer vegan alternatives such as almond milk or soy milk.
- Ensure you get the perfect flavor with the suitable milk, syrup, and coffee ratio.
- Espresso is the base of this coffee. But if you don’t have it or want the better alternative, go for instant coffee or freshly prepare the brew using the French press method.
How Will This Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Look And Taste Like?
This homemade version of Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is way better than the regular one. It is a sweet and creamy drink with warm spices and fall flavors.
It has a rich orange color. The pumpkin flavor could be more robust, and the spices are perfectly balanced. The whipped cream is the perfect touch.
I loved its creamy texture. It is smooth with a slightly tart aftertaste from the pumpkin puree. The whipped cream adds a touch of sweetness, and the pumpkin spice topping gives the drink a warm and comforting flavor.
The Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is a popular drink during the fall season and is often associated with the holidays. It is a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy the flavors of fall.
Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Nutritional Values?
This homemade version of Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is healthy as it doesn’t contain much sugar. Also, we’ve created a list of nutritional value for your reference; take a look at the table below:
|Viatmin A||2336 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Much Caffeine Is In This Drink?
The caffeine content in a Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte depends on the size of the drink. A tall (12-ounce) glass has 75 milligrams of caffeine, a grande (16 ounces) has 150 milligrams, and a venti (20 ounces) has 225 milligrams. The caffeine content is from the espresso shots used to make the drink.
If you are sensitive to caffeine, prepare a smaller size or made with decaf espresso. You can make the drink with less syrup.
Can You Store This Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte For Next Day?
Freshly prepare your Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte and consume it for the best flavor. However, if you want to store it, refrigeration is a must. It is best to keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Make sure there is a tight seal on the container. The latte will keep well in the fridge for up to two days; add ice to the top before serving.
What To Serve With This Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf – Pair creamy Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte with sweet and tangy lemon loaf for a satisfying meal. The sweetness of the loaf will complement the richness of the latte.
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar – Cranberry bliss bars are another great pairing option with an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. The similar flavors and contrasting textures will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Starbucks Pecan Tart – Pecan tart is slightly more savory but goes well with a latte. The pie will help to balance out the sweetness of the mocha.
- Starbucks Egg And Cheese Protein Box – The Egg and cheese protein box is a classic pairing with an iced latte. Their flavors pair well with each other, making it a complete meal.
Other Recipes To Try
So, it was all about Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. It is very refreshing and delicious. The best part is that you can prepare this coffee in only five minutes with four ingredients.
Other than this recipe, we’ve more Starbucks recipes that you can check out. Some of them are Starbucks butterscotch latte, Starbucks snickerdoodle hot chocolate, Starbucks apple crisp macchiato, Starbucks iced caramel macchiato, Starbucks chai frappuccino, and Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte.
Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Copycat Recipe
- Long Spoon
- Serving Glass
- 1 ounce Espresso
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoons Pure Pumpkin Puree (canned)
- ¼ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3-4 Ice Cubes (as needed)
- 1 dollop Whipped Cream (for topping)
- Prepare one ounce of espresso in a French press, espresso machine, Moka Pot, or Aeropress.
- Take a blender and espresso, milk (of your choice), pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract, and pulse the ingredients in a smooth consistency.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the pumpkin spice latte into the serving glass.
- Top the latte with whipped cream.
- Your Starbucks iced pumpkin spice latte is ready to be served!
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is a pumpkin spice latte?
A pumpkin spice latte is a coffee drink flavored with pumpkin spice. It is usually made with espresso and creamy milk.
What is Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte made of?
Starbucks iced pumpkin spice latte is made with espresso, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree. It is topped with whipped cream.
What kind of milk can be added to an iced pumpkin spice latte?
Whole milk makes an iced pumpkin spice latte truly delectable. However, you can also use skim, oat, soy, or any other milk of your choice.
Try out this delectable Starbucks copycat recipe. You can check out the recipe’s sections on our website for more such recipes.