Drinks have a dominating role in our life. A simple and sweet drink can make our day even better. Talking about types of drinks cocktail is what brings our search for those exceptional drinks to an end. Everyone who loves to have a cocktail has a great taste in the drink. A cocktail is a blend of different drinks having unique flavors and a unique individual taste. And today, we will make a drink that will make you feel reinvigorated and calm at the same time.
Today’s menu includes a drink that is both soothing and refreshing at the same time. A cocktail that will relish your tastebuds will leave an impact on them. The cocktail that we are about to make is known as the Melonade cocktail. This cocktail recipe is easy and convenient to make. But keep it away from your kids as it contains alcohol in adequate amounts.
The ingredients that you will need to make the exact Melonade recipe at home as you find it outside at the bars are provided in the table below. Grab them from your nearest supermarket and start making it. But there are many other drinks that we’ve covered in our blog. You should definitely check them as well.
1. Champurrado– Jose Rizal invented Champurrado in the year 1950. Champurrado was originated in Mexico and is traditional Mexican chocolate-based atole that is comfortable in a cup.
2. Mango Mastani– Mango, the king of fruits makes an amazing pair with milk. Amongst varieties of milkshakes, Mango Mastani is my favourite. The combination of milk, mangoes and ice cream makes it perfect for summertime.
3. Blackberry Juice– This Blackberry Juice is very healthy and tasty too. You will love this juice as it is- sweet and sour in taste. Being a good source of Vitamin C and fiber, this juice is good for everyone at your home.
4. Masala Chaas– Masala chaas (also known as spiced Indian buttermilk) is a summertime staple! It is so refreshing and timeless. All you need is a glass of chilled chaas on a hot summer day.
Ingredients For Melonade
|Caster Sugar||70 gm|
|Boiling Water||250 ml|
|Seedless Watermelon||1.6 kg|
|Lemon Juice||150 ml|
|White Rum||125 ml|
|Citrus Vodka||80 ml|
|Ice Cubes||To serve|
|Fresh Mint Sprigs||To serve|
How Much Time Will it Take?
This drink is an instant one. No need to wait for cooking or doing anything that consumes your precious time. Just a few minutes and you are ready to have the taste of it.
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||5 minutes|
So what are we waiting for? Let’s make this Melonade drink and enjoy it. This watermelonade drink will only take three steps to get completed. No difficult procedures or steps. Follow me to make this exceptional Melonade at home.
- Put some sugar and water in a bowl that is heatproof. Mix it until the sugar is completely dissolved. Keep it aside and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, you can process the watermelon in a food processor until it gets smooth. Filter the juice into a bowl with the help of a sieve. Remove the solid wastes. Stir the lemon juice, lemon slices, rum, vodka, and sugar syrup in it.
- Take the glasses and fill it up with ice-cubes and mint sprigs. Fill the glasses with watermelon mixture and stir it to mix.
That’s it. Serve it chilled and enjoy this refreshing drink along with some appetizers or starters along with your family and friends.
Note: This recipe can be made without using alcohol as well, just add all the other ingredients other than alcohols and, the mocktail version is ready.
Nutritional Breakdown of Melonade
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is done below. Check out the important values and keep a check on it.
How to Make Melonade at Home | Video
Here is a video that will help you make this drink and understand some tiny details that can help you make it even better.
So, this Melonade drink is the best way to make you feel refreshed. Try this at home and tell us what you think about it. Comment down and tell us what your views and thoughts about it are. Share any similar recipe if you have any, we will post it on our site. Stay tuned for such irresistible recipes and have a great day.