Dynamite sushi roll is an incredibly delicious sushi roll. Mostly it includes shrimp or snow sprouts, cucumber, and cream cheese. If you try sushi rolls at several restaurants, the taste may vary. However, make it at home, adding your tweaks, with the help of this recipe.
What is exactly a dynamite roll, you might ask? Let me give you a brief. A dynamite roll is a western rendition of classic sushi. The appearance of an uncut roll that has the tail of shrimp standing out is said to be the dynamite roll. Though it is a Japan-inspired delicacy, it is liked by people all over the globe.
Dynamite sushi roll is an easy recipe to ace. To try this delish dynamite sushi roll recipe, start cooking with the rice. When the rice is cooked prepare the filling by using shrimps, avocados, cucumber, spring onions, seaweed sheets, and some maple soy sauce. Slather the maple soy sauce when grilling the shrimps. Assemble the cooked rice on the rolling mat. Add first layer of seaweed sheet, then roll it with the rest of ingredients.
Sushi has also become an intricate dish served with different other ingredients like tempura flakes, fish, prawns, spicy sauces, and much more. I am gonna share one way of making dynamite sushi rolls. Nevertheless, you can always choose the ingredients for the filling of your choice. Follow the steps and detailed instructions to know more about the recipe.
Before you go ahead you might want to try some related recipes. Follow the link to know more.
1. French Bread Pizza– Everyone loves pizzas. Today, I am going to tell you a very special pizza recipe known as French Bread Pizza. It is not made from regular pizza dough but uses bread as the base.
2. Chicken And Dumplings– I came across this Southern delicious chicken and dumplings in a buffet. It was so tasty that I had to try making it at home. This recipe is very delicious and you can enjoy it with your whole family.
3. Parsleyed Corn On The Cob– Parsleyed corn on the cob is a dish that can be served as a great snack. This recipe is very good for your taste buds! It is also very easy to make and gets prepared in no time.
4. Flayed Man Cheese Ball– This flayed man cheese ball recipe can be your next Halloween cheese ball idea. Make it at home and surprise your kids and family friends.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Dynamite Sushi Roll?
- Rice Cooker- Use a rice cooker to cook the rice properly
- Grilling Pan – Make crunchy shrimps by grilling them on a pan for 10 minutes.
- Rolling Mat – Bamboo mat and Horiuchi that are brightly colored plastic mats, both can be used in making rolled sushi.
- Basting Brush – With the help of a basting brush, you can slather the maple soy sauce all over the shrimps.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Dynamite Sushi Roll?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Dynamite Sushi Roll?
- Short Grain Rice – To layer the seaweed sheet, short-grain cooked rice is the main ingredient to be used.
- Avocado – The taste and flavor of avocado are well combined with shrimps for making sushi.
- Shrimp – It adds the crunch to the sushi. You can use other seafood options like tempura prawns or fried fish.
- Cucumber – Sushi is finely made with slices of cucumber. People mostly use cucumbers to make vegetarian sushi. However, it will add a subtle crisp flavor with shrimps as well.
- Japanese Mayonnaise – The sweet Japanese mayonnaise adds a little tang and creamy flavor to your sushi.
- Nori Seaweed Sushi Sheet – Crunchy, dried, and rich in nutrient seaweed sheets are often used to make sushi.
- Salt – Sprinkle some salt on the grilled shrimps to your taste.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Use a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to add the umami flavors to the grilled shrimps.
- Soy Sauce – Add a tablespoon of soy sauce to make the sauce for shrimp.
- Chili Garlic Sauce – To make your sauce full of flavors, add 2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce to the maple syrup.
- Olive Oil – Grease the grilling pan with olive oil to grill the shrimps.
Steps To Make Dynamite Sushi Roll
1. Knock Up
Start with cooking rice in a rice cooker. Simultaneously, wash the shrimps. Peel it off and put them on the grill pan. Grill the shrimps on simmer heat to make the shrimps crispier. Mix Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce to make the maple soy sauce. Then, slather some on the shrimps with the basting brush. This sauce will add a smoky flavor to the shrimps. While the shrimps are getting grilled. Peel off the avocados and cucumber.
Take the rolling mat, put the seaweed sheet. Spread the first layer with cooked rice. Then, put the slices of avocados, shrimp and cucumber. To make this dynamite sushi, you can put the shrimp tail out of the roll. It is gonna look like a fuse on dynamite. This is how you can understand the difference between normal sushi and dynamite sushi roll. Finally, garnish the last layer with some spring onion. Roll it off nicely and slice the sushi. Ready to binge!
How Will Dynamite Sushi Roll Look And Taste Like?
Dynamite sushi has mild yet umami flavors. A staple rice dish of Japanese Cuisine consists, rice, shrimps, avocados, cucumber, spring onion, seaweed, and maple soy sauce. The flavors are well combined together. It is delicious and healthy.
Dynamite Sushi Roll
- Rice Cooker
- Grilling Pan
- Rolling Mat
- Basting Brush
- 2 cup Short Grain Rice
- 2 Avocados
- 200 g Shrimp
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 tablespoon Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1 Nori Seaweed Sushi Sheet
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Firstly, wash and cook the rice. Use short-grain rice as it goes well for making sushi.
- Wash shrimps, drizzle the olive oil on the grilling pan. Put the shrimp on the grill and grease it with maple soy sauce.
- To prepare the sauce, mix Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce.
- When the shrimps are grilled, rice is cooked, start assembling your sushi roll. Take a seaweed sheet, spread a layer of rice. Spread a spoonful of Japanese mayonnaise. Put avocado and cucumber slices. On the top of it, add a few pieces of shrimp. Garnish it with spring onions.
- Gently roll the seaweed sheet with the help of a rolling mat. Slice the sushi roll into small pieces and enjoy your sushi treat.
In case you have any doubts regarding the recipe, I have uploaded the video. Watch the video to clear your doubts. If the video does not resolve your query, then write it up in the comment section below. I will try to solve them. Now give the recipe a try and enjoy your food.