I know you are wondering how can a duck fat is beneficial for your health. It contains healthy fats and cells that help in maintaining the bones of our body. Duck Confit sounds like a simple and delicious recipe but you should know the technique while making it.
I have learned this Duck Confit recipe while watching my favorite cookery show. Firstly, they were having a normal discussion about the benefits of Confit Duck and after that, they disclosed the recipe.
Due to short of time, I wrote it roughly on a paper and the next day, I started preparing this recipe and tried this at home. It was appreciated by each and everyone in the family and I recommend you all to try this recipe once.
I thought why not share this recipe of Duck Confit with all my food lovers. So, first of all, gather all the ingredients together in your bucket, after that we will proceed further.
Ingredients for Duck Confit Recipe
|Garlic cloves (smashed)||4|
|Ground black pepper||———|
|Duck legs with thighs||4|
|Duck wings (trimmed)||4|
|Duck fat||4 Cups|
Now, we have all the ingredients on our list. So, let’s see how much time this Duck confit will consume. And yes, before proceeding further. let me clear you one thing that you need to very patient while making this confit.
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time||Servings|
|15 mins||2 hrs 30 mins||2 hrs 45 mins||4|
Now, we have the approximate idea of time that this confit will be going to consume. Let’s see the directions of how to make Duck Confit at home.
Duck Confit Recipe
- Take a large container and sprinkle 1 tbsp salt in the dish.
- Add garlic, thyme, and shallots, scatter then evenly in the container.
- Arrange the duck in the container and add the remaining salt, garlic, thyme, shallots, and a small amount of pepper in it.
- Cover the container and put it inside the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- After that, preheat the oven first to 225 degrees F.
- Take a small pan and melt the duck fat in it. Brush the salt and add the pieces of duck in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the melted fat over the duck and put it inside the oven.
- Cook the confit slowly, minimum for 2-3 hrs, and after that remove it from the oven.
You can store the duck in the fat and keep it inside the refrigerator for several weeks. Now, your Duck Confit is ready to eat.
Nutritional Facts of Duck Confit Recipe
I have added a table of nutrients that might be helpful for you all because we people are very much conscious about our health. So, this breakdown of nutrients will guide you.
How to make Duck Confit at Home | Video
I hope you all like this recipe. But before trying this Duck Confit recipe, I recommend you all to watch the video that I’ve added because it will help you while making the recipe.
Now, it’s your turn try this amazing Duck Confit recipe at home and share your experience or any of your recipe with us in the comments section below. We will try to cover it in the foodxp blog.