Drop biscuits serve as a great evening snack when you need something light and tasty. Today, I will be sharing its detailed recipe with all of you.
You would be amazed to know that drop biscuits were invented due to the necessity to save time in making up biscuits. To do so, they just simply prepared the dough and dropped clumps of dough onto the baking sheet and baked it so that very little time is consumed.
For baking drop biscuits, you will need baking powder, all-purpose flour, sugar, butter, salt, milk. For making it, you will have to mix all the ingredients and then drop them on baking sheets and bake the biscuits well.
These homemade drop biscuits are a quick-to-make snack. But the process given above is just a summary of the recipe. You will get the complete steps below. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Sausage Biscuits– These handy biscuits are so delicious that you will not be able to stop yourself from having one after the other. You can serve these biscuits with a soup or an egg dish. Munching these biscuits will surely be a delight.
2. Mincemeat Cookies– These flavorful cookies would surely make your day and you would like to have more of them. Yummy mincemeat cookies are go-getters for every small or big occasion.
3. Bob Evans Sausage Gravy– Bob Evans is a very old restaurant chain and they serve some of the best kind of cheese, macaroni and sausage gravy.
4. Ritz Crackers– Ritz Crackers is one of the things that many people remember from their childhood. And if you have come to this article, then you want to have that nostalgic feeling once again.
Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- In a bowl, mix the baking powder, sugar, flour and salt. Then, add milk and melted butter and mix them well.
- Take spoonful of the mixture and drop it on greased silicone baking sheets. Cook the biscuits in the oven for 12 minutes until they get a golden brown color.
- Take them out and serve.