With majestic name, Dragon’s Breath Chili invokes a kind of dangerous thing in your mind. Well, Dragon’s Breathe is a chilli pepper cultivar which is believed to be the second hottest chilli on record as unofficial tests put it at 2.48 million Scoville units. This Guy Fieri’s fiery chilli dish would make your day.
I saw Guy Fieri making Dragon’s Breath Chili during one of his shows. I was amazed by this completely new recipe and wanted to make it. It appeared to me by its name that it would be quite hot and chilli like Dragon’s breathing which emits fire. But when I made it, it turned out to be utterly delicious. Also, I loved making it.
If you too want to try Dragon’s Breath Chili recipe at home, here I have brought to you a step by step guide on how to make Dragon’s Breath Chili recipe at your home. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Flayed Man Cheese Ball– This flayed man cheese ball recipe can be your next Halloween cheese ball idea. Make it at home and surprise your kids and family friends.
2. Dragon Eggs– These eggs recipe is something that you can’t afford to miss. Make these delicious eggs at your home and it can be a great addition to your party menu.
3. Stracciatella Cheese– This is the best cheese recipe you will come across. This recipe takes not much of your time. It is an easy one and will not confuse and trouble you.
4. Pork Panko– Panko or panko bread is a type of bread crumbs from japan. They are made up of white bread and have no crusts in them. And today the recipe that we are about to make has this panko as the main ingredient.
Ingredients required for Dragon’s Breath Chili Recipe
|Bacon grease or canola oil||3 tbsp|
|Red bell pepper||1 cup|
|Green bell pepper||1 cup|
|Red onion||2 cup|
|Boneless Chuck||1 lb.|
|Ground beef||1 lb.|
|Ground pork||1 lb.|
|Tomato paste||2 cup|
|Tomato sauce||2 cup|
|Chicken broth||1 cup|
|Granulated onion||1 tsp|
|Granulated garlic||2 tsp|
|Chili powder||3 tbsp|
|Hot paprika||2 tsp|
|Ground cumin||2 tsp|
|Ground coriander||1 tsp|
|Kosher salt||2 tsp|
|Cayenne pepper||2 tsp|
|Black pepper||2 tsp|
|Pinto beans with juice||4 cup|
|Kidney beans with juice||4 cup|
How much will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||2 hours||2 hours 10 minutes|
Dragon’s Breath Chili Recipe
- Take a large stockpot.
- Put butter and bacon oil and then put pepper, garlic and onions into it and cook over high heat.
- Now put meat as well into it. Keep stirring while taking care of not breaking ground beef.
- Let it cook completely.
- Tomato paste and sauce is to be added and before adding beer and chicken broth, stir the paste thoroughly for about two minutes.
- Add spices and beans. Reduce the heat and let it cook for two hours over a simmer.
- With salt line crackers, green onions and shredded cheddar, garnish the dish.
Nutritional information of Dragon’s Breath Chili Recipe
|Total fats||13.3 gm|
|Saturated fats||5.2 gm|
|Total carbohydrates||22.2 gm|
|Dietary fibre||7.1 gm|