Do you know who is the smallest bird on this planet? Yes, it is Hummingbird and most of the people in Jamaica refer to Hummingbird as “Doctors Bird” and today I will share Dr. Bird Cake Recipe with you people over here.
When I was a kid, I went to a bird’s zoo with my grandparents and when my grandmother told me that the hummingbird is the smallest bird on this planet. It was looking so cute that I started crying over there because I wanted to have that bird.
After my grandmother realized that I liked the hummingbird so much, she made Dr. Bird Cake for me and she told me that in Jamaica people call hummingbird cake. So I ate that cake and found it so delicious.
If I talk about today, I miss my grandmother. One day, I was searching regarding this cake on the internet and I got to know why we call this cake as Dr. Bird Cake. Dr. Bird Cake was invented in Jamaica and the national bird of Jamaica is the Humming Bird.
Today, I was making Dr. Bird Cake for my kids and I thought to share Dr. Bird Cake Recipe with you people. If you love cakes, then you should definitely check out the other cake recipes that I’ve handpicked just for you.
1. Fiesta Cake– Fiesta cake is a cake made with fiesta or fruit cocktail mixed fruits with raisin and chopped cashew nuts. A cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient can also be colloquially called a fiesta cake.
2. Red Velvet Cupcakes– These moist and buttery cupcakes can stand out from the rest. The cloud of tangy frosting on top is my favourite part. This cake can bring a smile to your face and make your mouth watery.
3. Bunny Butt Cake– This coconut flavoured cake is something very unusual by look but will be loved by your kids. Anyone can easily make it at their home by following the recipe that I’ve mentioned.
4. Carrot Cake– If you are looking for a classic, non-chocolate, soft textured cake, then this carrot cake is the perfect cake for you. The spice flavor, super moist crumb and velvety cream cheese frosting of this cake are some you can’t resist.
Ingredients For Dr. Bird Cake
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 1/2 Cups|
|Crushed Pineapple||8 ounces|
|Melted Butter||1/2 Cups|
|Powdered Sugar||2 1/2 Cups|
I thought Dr. Bird Cake will take to prepare, but I was wrong. So let’s see how much time it is required to make this Dr. Bird Cake at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Mins||1 Hour 20 Mins||1 Hour 50 Mins|
Now you know the ingredients and the exact timings to make this cake. So now, let’s check out the directions to make this Dr. Bird Cake.
Dr. Bird Cake Recipe
- At 350°, preheat the oven.
- On baking pan spray, cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar to whisk in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer add oil, pineapple, vanilla, whisked eggs, and diced bananas. Combine until becoming smoothie.
- In a baking pan, pour the batter and bake for at least 50 minutes.
- In a bowl, add sugar, melted butter, and milk to combine. Combine until there is no crumb.
- Pour the mixture over the baked cake and serve.
Finally, Dr. Bird cake is ready. Try this bird cake at your home and everyone will love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Dr. Bird Cake
As we all know cakes are not that healthy for us and now the question is How Much Healthy Dr. Bird Cake is? I will clear this doubt from the nutritional breakdown I’ve mentioned below.
How To Make Dr. Bird Cake at Home | Video
Watching things live will create an impact on your mind and makes your task much easier. So, I have added a recipe video of this cake below.
I hope this video will help you while making this Dr. Bird Cake at home Now, it’s your turn to try this recipe at your home and don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.