The fluffy dough, tangy sauce, and rich cheese are the perfect cure for a pizza craving. Make an exact Domino’s pizza dough at home with no artificial ingredients. If you wonder how the restaurant’s pizzas are so delicious. Then, take a quick break from going out and prepare the copycat Domino’s pizza dough by referring to the article. Get Domino’s flavor at home now!
To make Domino’s pizza dough at home, mix all-purpose flour, activated yeast mixture, salt, sugar, Italian seasoning, and extra virgin olive oil. Knead the dough steadily and smear it with oil all over. Let it rest for 2 hours. For proofing, knead the dough again and place it on the pizza pan to bake.
The texture of the dough is chewy inside and crispy outside. Domino’s pizza is smothered with a lot of greens, sausages, cheese, and sauces. You can use your choice of toppings and sauces for your homemade dough. This is just an overview; read the article to know more.
The list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional value and steps to make the copycat Domino’s pizza dough recipe is mentioned below. Recreate the absolute lip-smacking taste of Domino’s pizza at home with this recipe. Follow the instructions to make your pizza dough crispy and crunchy.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Domino’s Pizza Dough?
- Bowls – To knead the dough, take a large bowl. You’ll need a small bowl for activating the yeast.
- Oven – Bake the kneaded dough in the oven at 450℉ until it is crispy.
- Pizza Pan – Use any pizza pan to bake the pizza dough.
- Cling Film – To raise the dough, leave it aside covered with a cling film on top.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Domino’s Pizza Dough?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour||15 Minutes||1 Hour 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Domino’s Pizza Dough?
- All-Purpose Flour – For making the pizza dough, use 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Yeast – We use yeast mostly in making bread or baked goods. It will help the dough rise.
- Milk – Adding milk will soften the texture of the dough.
- Pizza Seasoning – To add flavor to your dough, you can use pizza seasoning or any other Italian seasoning.
- Salt – Add a teaspoon of salt to the flour batter.
- Sugar – Add a pinch of sugar to speed up the action of yeast.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Grease your dough with a splash of oil. This will make sure that the dough does not stick.
Steps To Make Domino’s Pizza Dough
1. You Got What I Knead
Add a teaspoon of yeast in a half bowl of water. Let it rest for 10 minutes. You will see the froth once it has risen. Then in a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of salt, and the yeast mixture. Mix it well and knead the dough until it has a smooth texture. Cover it to rest for an hour. When the dough is stretched without tearing, it is perfect.
Gently stretch and flatten your pizza dough with your hands. Stretch it in a uniform round shape. Put it in the oven at 450℉ for 15 minutes.
How Will Domino’s Pizza Dough Look And Taste Like?
Domino’s pizza dough is smooth and firm. If your dough doesn’t ooze or sag, it means your dough is well kneaded. The seasoning added to the batter results in an aromatic, flavorful crust.
Domino’s Pizza Dough
- Pizza Pan
- Cling film
- 4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Yeast
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pizza Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- ½ tablespoon Extra Virgin Oil
- Prepare the yeast mixture. Add a teaspoon of yeast in a half cup of water. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- To knead the dough, take a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, pizza seasoning, and yeast mixture.
- Once the dough is kneaded, smear some oil over the surface of the pizza dough. Cover it with cling film and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- When the resting time is over, knead your dough again before baking. Divide the dough into small balls of adequate size. Stretch and flatten your pizza dough in a round shape. Put it in the oven for baking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S )
1. Does Domino’s make fresh dough?
Yes, indeed Domino’s is known for its fresh dough and pizzas. It takes time for proofing, so the dough is made in the morning.
2. Is there milk in Dominos pizza dough?
Yes, Domino’s uses milk in most of their doughs except gluten-free thin crusts. Adding milk to the dough will increase the chances of water absorption. It will result in a soft and uniform crumb.
3. Is Domino’s dough vegan?
Most of the pizza dough of Domino’s is not vegan. However, they have few vegan-compliment pizza crusts. Domino’s vegan dough pizza includes The Thin n’ Crispy and dessert crusts.
4. What flour does Domino’s use?
To make pizza dough Domino’s uses semolina wheat bread flour. The gluten in the flour is what makes it stretchy.
Prepare copycat Domino’s pizza dough at home by following the recipe. Let us know your cooking experience in the comment section below!!