Does making payments annoy you more than anything else? Well, paying with Apple Pay is easy and is sure to solve all your payment problems. Among many other payment methods which are already available at various stores and chains, one of the most opted-for methods is that of Apple Pay. But does Walgreens take Apple Pay? Let’s see!
Walgreens takes payments made via Apple Pay. This pharmaceutical store chain allows customers to pay their bills using Apple Pay. Apple Pay can be used by you to pay for your purchases made online, in-store or curbside. All you need to do is sign in to the Apple Pay application, link your card to the account and make the necessary payment.
Walgreens is an American pharmaceutical store chain. Founded in 1901, this chain has its headquarters located in Chicago, Illinois. Several products like prescription medicines, care products, contacts & glasses, beauty products, vitamins & supplements, home health care solutions, household essentials, grocery items, home goods, pet products, electronics & office goods, toys, games & books, baby & kids, etc.
Walgreens features various products of several brands, including Almus Pharmaceuticals, Be Jolly, Big Roll, Botanics, Complete Home, CYO, Certainty, Dashing, Finest Nutrition, Infinitive, Liz Earle, Modern Expressions, Nice!, No. 7, Patriot Candles, PetShoppe, Playright, Sleek MakeUP, Smile & Save, Soap & Glory, Soltan, Well at Walgreens, Well Beginnings, West Loop, Wexford, YourGoodSkin, etc.
In this article, you’ll learn all about Walgreens’ accepting Apple Pay as a valid payment method. You’ll also get to know about how you can use Apple Pay to make payments for your Walgreens order, what are the other acceptable payment methods at Walgreens, along with all the benefits of using Apple Pay for paying your bill via Apple Pay, etc. So, without further ado, let’s jump right to learning more about Apple Pay at Walgreens.
What's In The Post
Does Walgreens Accept Apple Pay?
What happens when you’re in need of some emergency products but don’t have your wallet? Well, your phone is the solution to all your problems then! Wait, not exactly your phone but the Apple Pay app on your phone! How? Well, let me tell you!
Walgreens accepts Apple Pay as one of its primary modes of payment. This chain allows customers to use this payment method to make purchases whenever and however they want. This makes payments easier both for the customers as well as the chain itself. You can use Apple Pay at Walgreens to make payments for online, curbside, and in-store orders.
How To Pay At Walgreens Using Apple Pay?
Payments using Apple Pay are quicker and easier than your usual payment methods. This payment method helps you pay your Walgreens bill with great ease, but how can you use it? Let’s find out!
There are various ways using which you can pay your Walgreens bill. These ways include paying via the touch ID feature, paying via the face ID feature, online payment for Walgreens orders using Apple Pay, and paying using Apple Pay via the Apple watch.
Want to know more about these methods? Let me explain them to you!
1. Paying Via The Face ID Feature
The face ID feature on your iPhone allows you to pay your bills via Apple Pay with great efficiency and ease. The face ID feature can only be used by you if the Apple device you own has face recognition. Follow the steps given below to learn about how you can use the face ID feature to make payments via Apple Pay.
- To make payments with your preferred card via Apple Pay by using the face ID feature, click twice on the side button of your Apple device.
- After that, verify your ID using the face ID feature. You can also use a passcode for the verification process instead of your face ID.
- Lastly, place the Apple device you’re using near the NFC card reader. Hold the Apple device and keep it still in that position to process and complete the payment for your order.
- When the payment is made, the screen will display a checkmark with a “done” confirmation at the end. Finally, click on the done option to confirm the payment of your bill.
2. Paying Via The Touch ID Feature
If face ID isn’t doing it for you, then the touch ID feature is definitely going to be more of your liking! Using the touch ID feature for making payments using Apple Pay is one of the best ways to access Apple Pay! Given below are the instructions you need to follow to use the touch ID feature to pay your bill via Apple Pay.
- For making a payment for your Walgreens order using the touch ID feature via Apple Pay, you need to put your finger on the touch ID recognition pad of your Apple device.
- Once your fingerprint is scanned and recognized, place your phone next to the NFC card reader. Your payment will be completed when a checkmark along with the “done” confirmation appears on the screen!
3. Paying Using Apple Pay Via Apple Watch
As mentioned earlier, Apple Pay is one of the most easily accessible digital methods of payment. The usage of Apple Pay for paying bills is not just limited or restricted to iPads or iPhones but also the Apple watch! Want to know how this is possible and how you can try it out? Follow the steps given below!
- Click twice on the side button of your Apple watch.
- Keep your watch face down in front of the NFC reader.
- Hold the watch still until the payment is completed.
- The paying of the bill will be indicated by a buzzing noise or a vibration caused by the Apple watch.
4. Online Payment For Walgreens Orders Using Apple Pay
If you thought that Apple Pay payments were only restricted to in-store payments, then you were wrong! Apple Pay allows users to pay for their Walgreens orders online. Let me tell you how you can do the same!
- Select your order on walgreens.com’s official website.
- After reaching the checkout page, select the “Apple Pay” option. You also need to select your preferred card for payment along with confirming your shipping details.
- After you’ve double-checked everything, confirm the payment with Face ID or Touch ID.
Benefits Of Using Apple Pay At Walgreens
Apple Pay isn’t just an easy way of making payments, but it also has a lot of additional benefits to offer its customers. Using Apple Pay to make payments at Walgreens is one of the most effortless ways for you to pay your bill at this chain.
Given below are all the benefits that you can avail yourself of at Walgreens by making your payment via Apple Pay. Give them a read!
- Safe payments – Apple Pay allows customers to pay their bills in a very safe and secure way. This app doesn’t steal any personal information like pin codes, phone numbers, etc., and offers easy transactions instead. So, stay absolutely carefree while using Apple Pay to make payments.
- Contactless Payments – Payments made via Apple Pay are completely contactless. Apple Pay allows users to pay their bills from a distance without having to touch their cash, cards, etc. Thus, you don’t even have to carry your wallet full of cash or carry your cards around to make a payment at Walgreens.
- Efficiency – Apple Pay payments are highly efficient and come in handy when you’re in a rush or in hurry. It takes less than a minute to process the payment of your bill when you’re making a payment via Apple Pay at Walgreens. Hence, if efficiency is what you’re looking for, then Apple Pay is the best payment method for you!
- Sanitary – Sanitation is very important, especially nowadays when every other thing is causing sickness. Keeping this in mind, Apple Pay allows customers to make sanitary payments that are contactless and eliminates the transfer of germs.
Can Your Balance Card Be Used To Make Payments With Apple Pay At Walgreens?
Convenience never hurts anyone; it only proves to be beneficial! Be it rewards or discounts, you can never get enough of these! That is why Walgreens balance cards are so popular among Walgreens shoppers. Not only that, but the fact that you can now make payments even easier by using your Walgreens balance card and linking it to Apple Pay is the cherry on top for most users.
You can connect your Walgreens balance card to Apple Pay to make use of all the reward points you’ve got in your card. All you need to do is connect your Walgreens balance card to your Apple Pay account and set it as your default card for payment in your Apple Pay wallet. After you’re done picking up your items at Walgreens, keep your phone in front of the reader and confirm the payment.
Doing this will notify the program that all the rewards you earned from your purchase are to be transferred to your Walgreens balance card. After this is done, you’ll need to carry on with the payment process and set your preferred card for payment as the default card. Then, move forward with paying your bill using Apple Pay at Walgreens. You can also get your points transferred to your Apple Pay account to receive special discounts.
Can You Get 3% Cashback Via Apple Pay At Walgreens?
Who doesn’t like receiving rewards? Be it of any kind! Rewards never fail to put a smile on your face, especially when the reward is in the form of a cashback! So, what if I told you that you can get cashback if you pay your Walgreens bill using Apple Pay?
Apple Pay gives its users a cashback of 3% with every purchase that they make using the app. To receive this cashback, you need to get an Apple card for yourself, which is sort of like a credit card offered by Apple. This Apple card comes as a built-in card option in the Apple digital wallet, and you can easily make payments via Apple Pay by using your Apple card.
Although this credit card is offered by Apple, you still need to have a good credit score to get one for yourself. If you already have an Apple card, then all you need to do to get your 3% cashback at Walgreens via Apple Pay is select the Apple card while making the payment. Easy, isn’t it?
Other Payment Methods Acceptable At Walgreens
While Apple Pay is a highly efficient way of paying your bill at Walgreens, what happens if it isn’t working on your phone when you need it to? Well, don’t worry because Walgreens offers its customers a wide variety of payment methods to choose from than just Apple Pay! These other payment methods include cash, payments via credit card, payments via debit card, payments via PayPal, and payments using gift cards.
To get a better idea of how these payment methods work at Walgreens, here’s a short description of each of these methods! Take a look!
1. Credit Card
Payments can be made at Walgreens using credit cards. All you need to do is carry your credit card along with you when you go shopping at Walgreens. Just swipe your credit card in the card reader available at the counter at Walgreens, enter your pin, and wait for the payment to be processed. Once you’re done with these steps, your bill will be paid positively!
2. Debit Card
Making payments using debit cards is just as easy and almost the same as making it using a credit card. Again, all you need to do is have your debit card at hand and swipe it into the card reading machine. Once that is done, enter your pin and let the payment process begin. The billed amount will be deducted from the balance amount of your debit card once the payment is made.
Besides Apple Pay, PayPal is the only other digital mode of payment that is accepted by Walgreens for payments. PayPal can be used by customers to pay their bills without any hassle whenever they want to. All that you need to do to be able to use this payment method is link your PayPal account to your loyalty card and use the same to pay your Walgreens bill whenever required.
4. Gift Cards
You can pay for your Walgreens bill via gift cards as well. You can use both gift cards and gift cards to pay for your Walgreens order. All you need to do to pay via egift card is enter the code of the gift card during checkout, and your bill will be paid. If you want to pay via a gift card for an in-store order at Walgreens, then you can just enter the code of the gift card into the fund section of the Walgreens account and finally transfer the funds.
Walgreens accepts Apple Pay as a valid payment method. This chain allows customers to pay their bills using Apple Pay for the orders you place, be it online or in-store. You can use Apple Pay via any Apple device to pay your bill at Walgreens. Other payment methods at Walgreens include cash, credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and gift cards.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you use Apple Pay to make payments at Walgreens?
You can use Apple Pay to make payments at Walgreens as it is an acceptable payment method at the chain.
What are the different ways using which you can make an Apple Pay payment at Walgreens?
The different ways via which you can make an Apple Pay payment at Walgreens are paying via the touch ID feature, paying via the face ID feature, online payment for Walgreens orders using Apple Pay, and paying using Apple Pay via Apple watch.
What are the other payment methods accepted at Walgreens?
The other payment methods accepted at Walgreens include cash payments, credit card payments, debit card payments, PayPal payments, and gift card payments.