Tired of digging into your wallet in a hurry to make a payment at Costco? You no longer need to worry about it as several digital payment methods like Apple pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, etc., have made it possible for you to eliminate the need to carry around your wallet full of cash every time you step out of the house! But the main question here is, does Costco take Apple pay?
Costco allows customers to make payments via Apple Pay. This chain recognizes Apple Pay as a valid method of payment at its stores and accepts payments made through Apple Pay. You can make payments using Apple Pay for in-store orders and online orders. To use this method of payment, you need to own an Apple device and have an Apple Pay account.
Costco is an American warehouse club chain. This multinational corporation operates “big-box retail stores” with membership-only access. Founded in 1983, Costco is now the fifth largest retailer in the whole world, along with being ranked at the 10th position in the “Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.”
Having its headquarters in Issaquah, Washington, Costco has around 900 locations all over the world. Among these locations, most of them are located in the United States of America while the others are located in Canada, Mexico, Japan, United Kingdom, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Spain, France, China, and Iceland.
Talking about the way Costco operates on an overall scale, the chain wrote, “Our operating philosophy has been simple. Keep costs down and pass the savings on to our members. Our large membership base and tremendous buying power, combined with our never-ending quest for efficiency, result in the best possible prices for our members.”
Putting quite a lot of emphasis on the quality of products it offers its customers, Costco wrote, “Today, as the company evolves, it stays true to the qualities that helped attract and retain millions of loyal members around the globe. Commitment to quality. By carefully choosing products based on quality, price, brand, and features, the company can offer the best value to members.”
Now, if all of this doesn’t convince you to become a member at Costco, then I don’t know what will because things seriously don’t get any better than this in the retail industry!
In this article, you’ll learn about Apple Pay being accepted at Costco as a valid payment method. You’ll also learn how to use Apple Pay to pay your Costco bill, along with all the other acceptable payment methods at Costco. You’ll also get an idea about all the benefits you can avail by using Apple Pay to make payments. So, without further ado, let’s get right to it!
What's In The Post
Does Costco Accept Apple Pay?
Forgetting your wallet at home is a matter of major inconvenience, isn’t it? Imagine having to go all the way back home just to grab your wallet! Thankfully, you have digital payments to help you out nowadays! Apps like Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, etc., make it possible for you to not worry about bringing your wallet along with you everywhere you go! But does Costco accept Apple Pay? Let’s find out!
Costco accepts Apple Pay as a valid payment method. It allows its customers to pay for their Costco bill using Apple Pay. You can pay for your Costco order – both in-store and online – using Apple Pay. Costco tends to go all out when it comes to providing its customers with the best of services and products and the chain has managed to do just that by incorporating Apple Pay as a payment option!
Talking about the inclusion of Apple Pay in the wide list of payment methods at Costco, the chain said in a statement, “We’ve added additional mobile payment options to make your next visit more convenient. Costco members can now use Apple Pay, Google Wallet and Samsung Pay at U.S. Costco locations.”
Talking about expanding its services to more chains, the vice president of internet services at Apple, Jennifer Bailey said in a statement, “Whether customers are buying everyday household items, groceries, snacks for a road trip or grabbing a quick meal, Apple Pay is the easiest way to pay in stores, while also being secure and faster than using a credit or debit card at the register.”
Bailey further added, “We’re thrilled even more customers will be able to pay at their favorite stores and restaurants using the Apple devices that are always with them.” I’m sure Bailey isn’t the only one thrilled at the idea of Apple Pay coming to more stores, am I right?
Can You Buy Costco Gas With Apple Pay?
If you thought that Apple payments at Costco were only limited to in-store and online payments, you were slightly wrong in thinking so! Why? Well, because now you can use Apple Pay to pay for gas at Costco gas stations! Isn’t that super convenient?
Costco gas stations allow customers to buy gas using Apple Pay. The only requirement for you to avail this facility is that the card linked to your Apple Pay account should be a Visa card. The other modes of payment accepted at Costco gas stations include Samsung Pay, Google Pay, cash and cheques.
Costco explain the various methods of payment at its gas stations in the following way :-
- Tap Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi.
- Insert membership card. Tap contactless payment card.
- Insert membership card. Tap mobile wallet.
How To Pay At Costco Using Apple Pay?
There are various ways using which you can pay for your Costco bill using Apple Pay. Proving to be super convenient for its users, Apple Pay offers various authentication and usage features. These payment methods using Apple Pay include paying via the face ID feature, paying via the touch ID feature, paying using Apple Pay via the Costco app, paying using Apple Pay for Costco Instacart, and paying via Apple watch.
Each of these ways are explained below for you to familiarize yourself with the same! Take a read!
1. Paying Via The Face ID Feature
Apple Pay offers its customers various ways to access the app and one of the easiest ways is by using face ID recognition. The face ID feature is easy-to-use and helps you in making fast payments with Apple Pay. All you need is an Apple device with face recognition in it, and you’ll be good to go!
To know more in detail about how to make a payment using Apple pay via face ID, follow the instructions given below!
- Click twice on the side button of your iPhone or your iPad. Make sure that the ios device you’re using has face recognition, so you can use the face ID feature.
- Next, verify your ID by letting your device take a quick scan of your face and complete the verification process. You can even enter the passcode if the face recognition feature of your phone isn’t working.
- Lastly, all you need to do after using the face ID feature is hold your Apple device next to the NFC card reader. Keep your phone still in the same position and process the payment. Once your payment is completed, the screen of your Apple device will display a checkmark along with a “done” confirmation.
2. Paying Via The Touch ID Feature
The Face ID feature of Apple Pay is all fun and games until the face recognition feature of your Apple device stops working momentarily, and you’re in a hurry! What you can do then is use the touch ID feature of Apple Pay instead! The touch ID feature is easy to use and allows you to complete the authentication process by the scan of your fingerprint. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
Want to know how to avail the touch ID feature to your convenience while using Apple Pay? Well, let me tell you how!
- For using Apple Pay by putting into use the touch ID feature, all you need to do is place your finger food fingerprint recognition on your Apple device’s fingerprint recognition pad.
- Once your fingerprint is scanned and recognized, hold your Apple device in front of the contactless NFC reader. Wait for the payment to get processed and confirm the transfer of your funds by clicking on the “done” confirmation once the payment has been made and a checkmark is displayed on the screen.
3. Paying Using Apple Pay Via Apple Watch
Technology is what our lives are depended on for the most part nowadays. Include digital payments into that list and voila! You now are running around with the whole world inside one gadget of yours – your phone! But what if I told you that digital payments are now possible with your watch as well? To be more precise, payments can now be possible with your Apple watch!
If you forget your wallet along with your phone at home then you can pay your Costco bill via Apple Pay using your Apple watch! Want to know how? Let me explain it to you!
- Double click on the side button of your Apple watch or unlock your Apple watch if it’s locked to begin the payment process.
- Hold and keep your Apple watch in such a position that it is in front and is face down to the NFC reader. Hold your watch there until the payment is completed.
- To make sure your Costco bill has been paid, look for indications like the vibration of your watch or the buzzing noise coming through your watch.
4. Paying Using Apple Pay Via The Costco App
Sometimes life throws curveballs at you, and you have to dodge them at the last moment! Well, the same is the case when you’re in need of certain products, and you just don’t have them at home! Don’t worry because Costco is there to help you out with that! How, you might ask? With its Costco App, of course!
Yes, you heard that right! You can now make payments and order products using the Costco App but what’s even better is that you can pay your Costco bill using Apple Pay via the app itself! Isn’t that crazy? So, no more cash payments for you and only cashless payments, even with the app! Follow the steps given below to learn about how you can pay using Apple Pay for orders made through the Costco app!
- Select and place the order for the required items on the Costco app.
- After placing an order, you’ll be directed to the checkout page.
- At the checkout page, select Apple Pay as your payment method.
- Choose the preferred card to pay your bill on the Apple Pay app and go ahead with making the payment.
5. Paying Using Apple Pay For Costco Instacart
In need of a bunch of groceries but don’t have the time to go and shop for them? Well, do it just by a click using Costco Instacart! What’s even better is that you can pay for these groceries bought via Instacart using Apple Pay! Let me tell you how!
- To use Apple Pay for the payment of your Costco Instacart order, you need to have an Instacart account.
- Log into your Costco Instacart account.
- Select the Costco store of your locality to buy the goods from.
- Select the items you want to purchase and add them to your cart.
- Move on to the checkout page and under the payment options menu, select Apple Pay.
- Complete the verification process by verifying your ID. To do this, all you need to do is enter the code received by you via SMS or your registered email.
- Recheck the billed amount and your shipping address before moving on to making the payment for your order.
- Confirm the payment using touch ID or face ID to complete payment, according to your preference.
- Your order will be placed and paid for. Your order will be delivered as soon as possible.
Benefits Of Using Apple Pay At Costco
Whatever the case, humans never fail to look for benefits in everything they do! Building on that, there are plenty of benefits you can find while using Apple Pay for making payments. If you’re someone who likes to make a pros and cons list, then you’ll only have to make the pros list for Apple Pay payments cause you won’t be able to find any cons to it! Want to know all about these pros? Let me explain them to you!
- Lessened Prices and Discounts – Using Apple Pay to make payments allows you to be eligible for various discounts and lessened prices offered by the chain. All that needs to be done on your part is for you to link your preferred card of payment with your Apple Pay account.
- Secure Payments – If you want to make secure and safe payments, then Apple Pay is undoubtedly the best payment option for you! Apple Pay allows you to make contactless transactions without stealing any of your personal information or passwords.
- Efficient Transactions – Complicated transactions involving cash and other things are a thing of the past! Now, all you need to do is have Apple Pay with you, and you’ll be able to make efficient transactions without any hassle. Apple Pay payments are quick and are also a one-click payment method.
- Convenience – Apple Pay plays into your favor when it comes to making convenient payments. Payments made via this digital method are super easy, quick, and quite effortless!
Can You Get Cashbacks For Using Apple Pay At Costco?
You might think that the above-mentioned benefits are the only ones you can get from using Apple Pay to make payments. One of the best advantages of using Apple Pay is that you become eligible for cashback! Yes, you heard that right! Cashbacks are like a reward offered by Apple to its Apple Pay users, and if you’re a frequent shopper, then you’re in for a treat!
To avail of the cashback scheme of using Apple Pay for payments, you need to have an Apple card. The Apple card is just like any other credit card but is launched by Apple itself. You need to have a good credit score to be eligible for getting an Apple card.
Apple talks about its credit card in the following way, “With Apple Card, we completely reinvented the credit card. Your information lives on your iPhone, beautifully laid out and easy to understand.”
The description further said, “We eliminated fees and built tools to help you pay less interest, and you can apply in minutes to see if you are approved with no impact on your credit score.2 Advanced technologies like Face ID, Touch ID, and Apple Pay give you a new level of privacy and security. And with every purchase, you get Daily Cashback. Apple Card. It’s everything a credit card should be.”
Talking about cashback, Apple said, “When you buy something using Apple Card, you get a percentage of your purchase back in Daily Cash. It’s real cash, so unlike rewards, it never expires or loses its value.”
The statement further reads, “Your cash is deposited right onto your Apple Cash card in the Wallet app — not a month from now, but every day. And there’s no limit to how much you can get. Use it to buy things in stores, on websites, and in apps. Make a payment on your Apple Card. Pay back a friend. Or send it straight to your bank account and watch it add up.”
You can make an endless amount of transactions using Apple Pay, and you’ll get daily cashback upto 3% for the same. To know about the terms and conditions in detail, head to the official website of Apple and read all about it!
If you love shopping and are a person to buy things on the go, then Apple Pay is the perfect payment option for you! Why? Because you get a portion of your money back in the form of cashback!
Other Payment Methods Acceptable At Costco
Costco is a place where you can get almost everything you need on a daily basis! What else you can get is a load of several payment methods to pay for your goods bought from Costco. These payment methods include cash, credit cards, debit cards, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, PayPal, and Apple Pay. Customers can choose any one of these payment methods to pay their Costco bill!
1. Credit Card
Costco is one of those places where you sometimes need to pull out your credit card to make payments. With a long bill comes a need for spending money, and what better way to pay for it than with a credit card. To pay your Costco bill using credit cards, all you need to do is take your credit card, swipe it into the card reader, and enter your pin code for the same. Once done, the payment will be processed, and your bill will be paid!
2. Debit Card
Another method of making a payment at Costco is using a debit card! Debit card payments are extremely easy and are way similar to the payments made using credit cards. What you need to do to pay your Costco bill using a debit card is swipe your debit card into the card reading machine, enter the pin and wait for the payment to be processed. Once your bill is paid, you’ll be notified about the billed amount having been debited.
3. Google Pay
Suppose you’re all for digital methods of payment, then what better way to do it than with Google Pay, besides Apple Pay! Google Pay is one of the best and most used payment options at Costco. Google Pay can be used to pay for your Costco orders, both in-store and online. All you need to do to make an in-store payment at Costco using Google Pay is scan the Google Pay ID of the Costco location and make the payment to the same ID.
4. Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay is yet another digital method of payment at Costco, which is somewhat similar to Apple Pay. To use Samsung Pay to pay your Costco bill, complete the authentication process and hold your phone next to the contactless NFC reader. Let the reader take a quick scan and finalize the payment. Once your bill is paid, you’ll get a notification about the same on your phone.
In the long list of payment methods offered by Costco to its customers, PayPal manages to stand out. Being one of the oldest digital payment methods, PayPal can be used by you to pay for your Costco order both offline and online. All you need to do to pay your bill using PayPal is link your preferred card for payment with your PayPal account and use it to pay your Costco bill.
Costco accepts Apple Pay as a valid mode of payment at its stores. You can pay for your Costco order, be it online or in-house, using Apple Pay. All you need is an Apple device with your preferred card of payment linked to your Apple Pay account. Enjoy effortless payments at Costco with Apple Pay!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you use Apple Pay to make payments at Costco?
You can use Apple Pay to make payments at Costco as it is an acceptable payment method at the chain.
What are the different ways using which you can make an Apple Pay payment at Costco?
The different ways via which you can make an Apple Pay payment at Costco are paying via the face ID feature, paying via the touch ID feature, paying using Apple Pay via the Costco app, paying using Apple Pay for Costco Instacart orders, and paying using Apple Pay via Apple watch.
What are the other payment methods accepted at Costco?
The other payment methods accepted at Costco include cash payments, credit card payments, debit card payments, Google Pay payments, Samsung Pay payments, and PayPal payments.
Can you buy Costco gas using Apple Pay at Costco gas stations?
Yes, you can buy Costco gas using Apple Pay at Costco gas stations only if the card linked to your Apple Pay account is a visa card.
Can you get cashback using Apple Pay for payments at Costco?
Yes, you can receive around 3% of cashback using Apple Pay to make payments at Costco. The only requirement is that you should have an Apple card.