Dirty monkey drink is a popular tropical cocktail. The key flavors of this drink are banana and chocolate. If you need a creamy tropical beverage, the dirty monkey is the right choice for you, which you can easily make at home.
To make the dirty monkey drink, add a ripe banana, coconut cream, aged rum, banana liqueur, Kahlua, and pineapple juice to a blender. Add ice cubes and blend well until you see smooth consistency.
Add the mixture to a tall glass with chocolate syrup drizzled in it. Garnish it with whipped cream and some more chocolate syrup on the top.
This relaxing drink contains the sweetness of chocolate along with the spark of rum and banana liqueur. Aged rum has an improved and refined taste. You can also use different types of alcohol to make this drink.
Read the instructions in the recipe card below to make the dirty monkey drink. You can also watch a similar video. If you like it, don’t forget to rate this recipe and share it with your friends.
But before you check it out, explore some other beverages from the drinks section of our blog.
1. Starbucks Medicine Ball– Do you want to try a famous drink with healing properties? Then you should go for the Starbucks medicine ball. It has the freshness of lemonade with a hint of citrus mint and peach. It’s a perfect mood booster and eases cough and cold.
2. Frozen Watermelon Vodka Slush– Frozen watermelon vodka slush is one of the best summertime drinks. It has frozen watermelon mixed with vodka and lemon juice along with lemon soda. The melon liqueur gives some extra lift to this drink. It’s a famous tropical drink infused with the flavors of watermelon and vodka with a twist of lemon.
3. Plum Smoothie– Plum smoothie is a perfect relaxing drink and a brilliant immunity booster. It’s loaded with the flavors of plum, ginger, yogurt, and citrusy orange. This delicious drink is filled with antioxidants which makes it a perfect alternative for carbonated drinks.
4. Wassail– Wassail is a British traditional holiday drink. It contains orange juice with apple cider vinegar in it. This warm drink is spiced up with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. This warm aromatic drink is a perfect holiday hit.
What Is The Dirty Monkey Drink?
The dirty monkey tastes like a creamy banana milkshake with an additional rum bite at the back. It is super creamy due to the combination of the ice with the banana liqueur, Kahlua, banana, and coconut cream.
However, this cocktail does take a little preparation and a good ice-crushing blender, so it’s not as simple as it looks. You’re making a milkshake-type drink with a huge squirt of whipped cream to top this one off. It goes together pretty fast and is great for sipping in the heat of the summer.
Whip up a dirty monkey cocktail for tropical vacations, beach visits, pool parties, or a summer BBQ. It is so creamy, thick, and decadent that it is also a perfect dessert drink.
How To Make Non-alcoholic Dirty Monkey?
Other than the alcohol, there are a couple of options here. If you’re making it for the kids, swap the banana, coffee, and chocolate liqueurs for syrups of the equivalent taste, but only use ½ oz of each; otherwise, it’ll be way too sweet.
Then use a pinch of chocolate powder on the top rather than nutmeg. However, if it is for an adult, a more sophisticated twist is to swap out the ingredients as per the kids’ version, but instead of using chocolate syrup, go for ½ oz of allspice syrup.
What this does to the flavor profile is next level, bringing in cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg notes, almost creating a whole new drink.
Tips For The Best Drink
- Serve the drink chilled but not blended by mixing the ingredients in a cocktail shaker or tall glass filled with ice, shaking vigorously, then straining it into a glass.
- Substitute an aged dark rum for a more complex flavor or coconut rum for a different take on the classic.
- Increase the strength of the cocktail by halving the cream and milk or by using chunks of frozen banana and decreasing the amount of ice which dilutes the flavor.
- At parties, serve a nonalcoholic version of the dirty banana for the kiddos by omitting the rum, increasing the cream and milk to 1/4 cup each, and adding 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup and 1 tablespoon of honey.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Dirty Monkey Drink?
- Blender – Blend banana, Kahlua, banana liqueur, aged rum, ice, and coconut cream in a blender until smooth.
- Hurricane Glass – Hurricane glass is tall glass that is typically used to serve tropical drinks.
How Much Will You Need To Make Dirty Monkey Drink?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Dirty Monkey Drink?
- Banana – Banana is the major ingredient used in this drink. Use the number of bananas according to the servings.
- Kahlua – Kahlua is a rum based coffee flavored liquor. It adds a nutty flavor to the drink.
- Banana Liqueur – A liqueur that has banana-based spirit added is known as banana liqueur. It has a distinctive banana flavor.
- Aged Rum – Use any aged rum to improve and enhance the flavors of dirty monkey drink.
- Coconut Cream – The coconut cream will add a thick consistency to the drink. Moreover, it is often used to make tropical drinks.
- Chocolate syrup – Drizzle a splash of chocolate syrup to garnish the drink.
- Pineapple Juice – Add a cup of pineapple juice. It pairs well with white rum.
- Whipped Cream – Garnish your dirty monkey drink with whipped cream. You can also top maraschino cherries with whipped cream. It is optional.
Steps To Make Dirty Monkey Drink
Take a blender and add banana, Kahlua, banana liqueur, aged rum, ice, and coconut cream in it. Blend all the ingredients for two minutes and your drink is ready.
Drizzle the chocolate syrup around the hurricane glass. Pour the drink into the glass. Add a spoon of whipped cream on the top and drizzle the chocolate syrup at last.
|Dietary Fiber||3.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
How Will Dirty Monkey Drink Look And Taste Like?
Dirty monkey drink is prepared with luscious concoctions of aged rum, Kahlua, and banana liqueur. This tropical drink tastes creamy and appetizing.
This dirty monkey essentially tastes like a creamy banana milkshake with an additional rum bite at the back end. It is super creamy due to the mixing of the ice with the banana liqueur, Kahlua, banana, and crema of coconut.
Dirty Monkey Drink Recipe
- 1 Banana
- 1 dollop Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoon Banana Liqueur
- ½ ounce Kahlua
- 1.5 ounce Aged Rum
- 2 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Chocolate Syrup (for garnish)
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- .Take a blender, add banana, Kahula, banana liqueur, aged rum, ice, and coconut cream.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup inside a glass.
- Pour mixture into the hurricane glass.
- Garnish it with whipped cream, chocolate syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a dirty monkey made of?
Dirty monkey drink is prepared with rum, pineapple juice, banana, and Kahlua.
Is Brass Monkey a real drink?
Brass Monkey is a cocktail made with dark rum, vodka, and orange juice.
What is the most popular cocktail in Mexico?
The most popular cocktail in Mexico is Paloma. It is prepared with tequila, grapefruit soda, and lime.
What’s the national drink of Mexico?
Tequila is the national drink of Mexico.
Make this delicious creamy tropical drink at home and tell how much everybody liked it in the comments below.