Round out your Thanksgiving meal with a bowl full of dairy-free lobster bisque. It’s a dairy-free version of classic French lobster soup. It’s filled with multiple veggies, lobsters, and spices like cayenne, paprika, salt, pepper, etc. Now, grab your apron and get ready to whisk the goodness of veggies and lobsters into a spicy dairy-free lobster bisque.
Dairy-free lobster bisque is loaded with nutrients. The cashew cream is used as a dairy substitute for heavy cream and butter. All the veggies are cooked with herbal spices and fish broth. The mixture is blended to form a delicious bisque. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you can use the regular hand blender or even a food processor. Let’s begin with the recipe for the delicious Thanksgiving bisque.
To know the recipe for dairy-free lobster bisque, you must know the equipment and ingredients first. For that, read the lists of equipment and ingredients below. Try this recipe now and I’m sure you’ll be delighted with the result. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other lobster dishes from the main course section of our blog.
1. Stuffed Lobster Tails– Stuffed lobster tails have tender juicy meat. It’s seasoned with spicy butter sauce. The stuffing on lobster tails has seafood mixed with mayonnaise and egg. It’s flavored with seasoning spices like Cajun. Old bay, cedar plank salmon spice, and many more. It’s a delicious seafood dish to be presented as Thanksgiving main.
2. Lobster Tail– Lobster tails are a perfect choice for holiday feast. These lobster tails are filled with the flavors of the butter mixture and then broiled to perfection. It’s seasoned with salt and paprika and contains the flavor of garlic with zest notes of lemon wedges.
3. Lobster Dip– Enjoy chips, biscuits, or bread with delicious lobster dip. It has cream cheese and butter mixed with lobster meat, horseradish, and onion. It’s flavored with lemon juice. This dip is loaded with the goodness of lobster meat and the flavors of cream cheese, butter, and lemon juice.
4. Bourbon Lobster– Bourbon lobsters are coated with butter and herbs and then flambeed with white wine and bourbon. These lobsters are filled with the flavors of bourbon, white wine, butter, garlic and herbs like parsley and chives.
What Equipment Will You Need For Dairy Free Lobster Bisque?
- Bowl- Use a bowl to prep up the ingredients like fish stock, lobster meat, etc., before using them in the recipe.
- Dutch Oven- Use a large dutch oven to cook the veggies and to make the lobster bisque.
- Spatula-Use a spatula to safely stir the ingredients in the lobster bisque.
- Spoon- Add the ingredients and spices to the pot using a spoon.
- Blender- To turn the mixture of cooked veggies into a smooth, creamy bisque, use a blender or a food processor.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Dairy Free Lobster Bisque?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Dairy Free Lobster Bisque?
- Avocado oil- Use a tablespoon of avocado oil to cook the veggies for this recipe.
- Shallot- Mince a shallot to add a mildly sweet flavor to the lobster bisque.
- Onions- Onions add a slightly sweet taste to the bisque. Use a one-fourth cup of chopped onions for this recipe.
- Garlic- Mince two garlic cloves for this recipe. Garlic adds a slightly nutty flavor to this dish.
- Mushrooms- You can use one-fourth cup of fresh sliced portobello mushrooms for this recipe. You are free to choose another type of mushroom for this recipe.
- Celery- Among fresh veggies, celery adds a fresh earthy flavor to lobster bisque. Use one-fourth cup of chopped celery for this recipe.
- Carrot- Chop carrots for the sweet woody and earth flavor in the brisque. Use one-fourth cup of chopped carrots for this recipe.
- Wine- Use a one-fourth cup of dry white wine to deglaze the veggies in the pot.
- Hot Sauce- For hot sauce, you can use Frank’s red hot original. It adds heat and spiciness to the brisque.
- Thyme- Use a teaspoon of fresh thyme to add aroma and more earthy flavors to the lobster bisque. Thyme is used among spices for the veggies and to garnish the lobster bisque.
- Cayenne Pepper- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to add more heat to the bisque.
- Paprika- To add more spiciness, I’ve added a half teaspoon of paprika. You can avoid adding it if the bisque is already too spicy for you.
- Sea Salt- Enhance the taste of this lobster bisque by adding a half teaspoon of sea salt to it. You can go on adding some more according to your taste.
- Black Pepper- Season the bisque by adding a teaspoon of black pepper to it. You can add more pepper for taste.
- Fish Stock (or chicken stock)- I’ve used two cups of fish stock to give a nice texture to the bisque and to add depth to its flavors. You can add chicken stock in case you don’t have fish stock.
- Tomato Paste- Add a tablespoon of tomato paste to add sweet, tangy flavor and to give a nice color to the lobster bisque.
- Cashew Cream- Use a cup of cashier cream to add flavor and thick texture to the bisque.
- Lobster meat- Lobster meat is the key ingredient for this recipe. Use a half-pound of cooked lump lobster meat to make lobster bisque.
- Parsley- Garnish your dairy-free lobster bisque with two tablespoons of parsley.
Steps To Make Dairy Free Lobster Bisque
1. Saute Veggies
Set a large dutch oven over medium heat and add saute in shallots, garlic, and onions. Now, add mushrooms, carrots, and celery to it. Cook for about 8 minutes until the veggies are soft and mushrooms are brown. Deglaze the pan with white wine and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Spice Them Up
Season with salt, pepper, and add thyme, paprika, and hot sauce. Saute the veggies again for about a minute and stir in chicken broth and tomato paste. Now, transfer this mixture to a blender. Blend this mixture until it’s creamy smooth. Return this mixture to the pot and stir in cashew cream. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Stir In Lobster Tails
Add lobsters to the pot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the lobsters are thoroughly heated. Finish with fresh thyme and chopped parsley and serve.
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||824 IU|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
How Will Dairy Free Lobster Bisque Look and Taste?
Dairy-free lobster bisque is a perfect Thanksgiving recipe. It’s filled with the goodness of lobsters and veggies like shallots, onions, celery, carrots, and mushrooms. It has the flavor of garlic and spiciness of cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, and hot sauce with a hint of tanginess from tomatoes and wine. Thyme and parsley add freshness and aroma to it, while fish stock adds depth to the flavors.
Dairy Free Lobster Bisque Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 1/4 cup Onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Portobello Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried Thyme
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Fish Stock or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Cashew Cream
- 1/2 pound Cooked Lump Lobster Meat
- 2 tablespoons Parsley
- Set a large dutch oven over medium heat and add saute in shallots, garlic, and onions. Now, add mushrooms, carrots, and celery to it. Cook for about 8 minutes until the veggies are soft and mushrooms are brown. Deglaze the pan with white wine and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add thyme, paprika, and hot sauce. Saute the veggies again for about a minute and stir in chicken broth and tomato paste. Now, transfer this mixture to a blender. Blend this mixture until it’s creamy smooth. Return this mixture to the pot and stir in cashew cream. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add lobsters to the pot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the lobsters are thoroughly heated. Finish with fresh thyme and chopped parsley and serve.
Check out other recipes too. Don’t forget to share your experience with recipe in the comments below.