Dahi Gosht is a recipe made with mutton that is cooked in a yogurt sauce. The mutton is marinated with a mixture of yogurt, ginger garlic paste, and salt. Then, it is cooked with whole spices and ground spices. Some extra yogurt is added in addition to the yogurt in the marination.
Dahi Gosht, also known as curd lamb curry, is a thick and creamy meat curry that is most popular in the northern part of India. Dahi Gosht is popular for its smooth curry and spicy yet creamy taste. This curry is usually served with rice or green salad. You can also serve it with biryani as its smoky taste goes well with biryani.
To make Dahi Gosht, marinate the mutton in a mixture of yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, and salt for 2 hours. Then, heat oil in a pan and add whole spices to it. Add the marinated mutton, spices, remaining yogurt, and water to it. Cook the mutton in it for 10 minutes. Garnish it with cilantro leaves and garam masala.
This is only an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Venison Heart– A Deer Heart is one of the most underrated dishes. The reason behind this is some people may find eating the deer heart offensive and some enjoy it as a delicacy.
2. Pad Thai– Thai recipes are one of the most incredible and lip-smacking dishes you would ever lay your hands on. Pad Thai is one of the most famous street foods in Thailand. You can find it in Thai restaurants as well.
3. Lauki Kofta– This new boss of veggies is even going to give sulked vegetables like bottle gourd (lauki) a lively taste. A taste that is going to melt in your mouths making veggies far interesting tries at least.
4. Amaya’s Migas– Migas is the main dish made with eggs and torn-up tortillas. You can not only have this recipe as dinner, but it also makes a great breakfast. This recipe is given by Robert Amaya.
Ingredients required for Dahi Gosht Recipe
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Alkanet Root||¼ tsp|
|Cumin Powder||½ tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||¼ tsp|
|Cilantro Leaves and Garam Masala||To garnish|
How Much Time It Will take?
|2 hour||30 minutes||2 hours 30 minutes|
Dahi Gosht Recipe | Curd Lamb Curry
- In a bowl, add the yogurt and beat it.
- Add a tablespoon of ginger garlic paste and and a teaspoon of salt to it and mix. Add the mutton to it.
- Leave the meat to marinate for 2 hours.
- In a preheated pan, add a tablespoon of oil.
- When it is heated, add bay leaf, black cardamom, cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves, black peppercorns and red chilies to it.
- Now, add the marination and mutton pieces in it.
- On a high flame, cook it for 10 minutes until the yoghurt dries and mutton turns brown in colour.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala to it. Mix it well.
- Now, pour leftover yoghurt and ¼ cup water in it and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish it with cilantro leaves and garam masala. Serve hot.
Dahi Ghost Recipe Nutritional Information