Have you ever thought that your biryani is just incomplete without a perfect blend of spicy Curry? If yes, then I should highly recommend you to try this Dahi Gosht recipe.
Dahi Ghost (also known as Curd Lamb Curry) is a thick, creamy meat curry which is most popular in the northern part of India. Dahi Ghost is popular for its deliciousness and spicy taste. Many people have this curry with rice or green salad, but I prefer it with biryani because it infuses biryani with its smoky taste.
So let’s check out the Dahi Ghost recipe that gives you a sandy sight which is too soothing to your eyes and blast the flavour of spices in your mouth. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Venison Heart– A Deer Heart is one of the most underrated dishes. The reason behind this is some people may find eating the deer heart offensive and some enjoy it as a delicacy.
2. Pad Thai– Thai recipes are one of the most incredible and lip-smacking dishes you would ever lay your hands on. Pad Thai is one of the most famous street foods of Thailand. You can find it in Thai restaurants as well.
3. Gravylicious Lauki Kofta– This new boss of veggies is even going to give sulked vegetables like bottle gourd (lauki) a lively taste. A taste which is going to melt in your mouths making veggies far interesting tries at least.
4. Amaya’s Migas– Migas is a main dish made with eggs and torn-up tortillas. You can not only have this recipe as dinner, but it also makes a great breakfast. This recipe is given by Robert Amaya.
Ingredients required for Dahi Gosht Recipe
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Alkanet root(ratan jot)||¼ tsp|
|Indian bay leaf(tej patta)||1 unit|
|Black cardamom||1 unit|
|Small cardamom||5 units|
|Black pepper seeds||5 units|
|Red chilli||5 units|
|Cumin seed powder||½ tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||¼ tsp|
|Coriander leaves and garam masala||To garnish|
Now let’s trace the beauty that becomes the relief of your churning stomach.
How Much Time It Will take?
|2 hour||30 minutes||2 hours 30 minutes|
Dahi Gosht Recipe | Curd Lamb Curry
- Beat 1 cup yoghurt.
- Cut the mutton in square slices, place it in a bowl and pour the yoghurt on it.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 1 tsp salt to it.
- Leave it to marinate for 2 hours.
- In a preheated pan add 1 tbsp oil.
- On heating, it adds Indian bay leaf, Black cardamom, Cinnamon, small cardamom, cloves, black pepper seeds and red chillies to it.
- Now add mutton pieces in it.
- On a high flame roast it for 10 minutes so that yoghurt dries and mutton turns brown in colour.
- Add cumin seed powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix it well.
- Now pour leftover yoghurt and ¼ cup water in it and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and garam masala.
- Serve hot.
Taste DAHI GOSHT’S lip-smacking delicacy. Enjoy its naturally striking beauty. Absorb the sight and taste the dish with the pleasure of this Dahi Gosht recipe.
Dahi Ghost Recipe Nutritional Information