If you want to prepare something special and different for dinner today, try this mouthwatering recipe for curry chicken with raisin pearl couscous. You might not be familiar with the combo, but you shouldn’t pass up the flavor!
Each of us makes curry chicken in a different method. However, have you ever considered combining some spicily spiced chicken with sweet raisins? So if you haven’t thought about it yet, now is the moment, in my opinion.
This dish is the ideal fusion of vivacious ingredients with the comforting couscous flavor! As you may expect, curry chicken has a variety of spices. So if you are planning to cook it, make sure to get your hands on fresh spices!
To prepare this dish, prepare the couscous as usual, marinade the chicken in a spice mixture, and then cook it in a skillet over medium heat. As simple as it sounds, it can be prepared in less than an hour.
So, if you’re in the mood for a spicy, tasty dish, I hope I’ve persuaded you to give this recipe a shot at least once. I’m confident that if you give it a shot, you’ll start cooking this meal at least once a week as a routine.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Curry Chicken And Pearl Couscous?
- Small Bowl – Mixing the spices plays a major role in making the curry chicken. Hence to make this recipe, you would need a small bowl.
- Large Skillet – Before starting, ensure you have a large skillet to fry the chicken.
- Saucepan – Since we are making two dishes at a time, along with a skillet, you would also need a large saucepan to cook the couscous.
- Spoons – Right before you start, make sure to have one or two spoons beside you. You would have to use these at multiple stages of cooking.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Curry Chicken And Pearl Couscous?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Curry Chicken And Raisin Pearl Couscous?
Ingredient Needed For Curry Chicken
- Chicken Breast – Right from the dish’s name, you might have assumed that you need chicken to cook this dish. Hence to make this dish, you will need some chicken breasts.
- Curry Powder – Curry powder blends different spices like turmeric, cumin, ginger powder, and black pepper. Since our recipe is more spicy, you would need 2 tablespoons of curry powder to cook the chicken.
- Ground Cumin – The ground cumin powder brings an earthy flavor to the dish, enhancing the chicken’s overall flavor. You will need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin powder to make this recipe.
- Ground coriander – Ground coriander adds smell and little spiciness to the curry chicken. To make this recipe, you will need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander powder.
- Turmeric – You don’t need a lot of it. But to make this recipe, you would need a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Paprika – Paprika is known to rent a slightly sweet and spicy taste to the dish, along with its red hue. Hence to make this recipe, we need a teaspoon of paprika powder.
- Salt & Pepper – The most savory dish is just incomplete without the addition of some salt and pepper. Hence, just like most other dishes, this curry chicken also needs ample salt and pepper.
- Olive Oil – You would need some olive oil to fry the chicken.
Ingredient Needed For Raisin Pearl Couscous
- Pearl Couscous – For making this dish, we need some couscous. Couscous serves as the main course in this recipe. If you are unsure which one to choose, you can try what we use! Go to the website to buy it!
- Chicken Broth – Chicken broth adds a lot of flavor to the couscous and just elevates its taste.
- Raisins – Raisins bring a slight sweetness to the dish. For making this recipe, we need at least ½ cup of raisins.
- Butter – You would need 2 tablespoons of butter for this recipe.
- Parsley – Who wouldn’t love the freshness and crunchiness of parsley in your food? For making this recipe, we would need ¼ cup of chopped parsley.
Steps To Make Curry Chicken And Raisin Pearl Couscous
1. Mix The Spices
The first step towards making the curry chicken is to mix all the ingredients. Combine the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper for this. Mix well to create a spice blend.
If you are a spice lover like me, along with paprika, add a teaspoon or two of cayenne pepper. However, while doing so, make sure that you are not overdoing it.
2. Marinate The Chicken
Once you blend the ingredients, take the cleaned chicken breasts and rub the spice blend evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts. Make sure to coat the chicken well with this spice mixture leaving no place untouched.
Marinate for at least an hour for the best taste. However, if you have more time in hand, marinate it overnight for the best taste.
3. Cook The Chicken
In a large skillet, add some olive oil. Once the oil becomes slightly hot, add the chicken one after the other to it. Cook for at least 6 – 8 minutes on each side until both sides are thoroughly cooked.
4. Slice The Chicken
Once the chicken is done, take it out from the skillet and allow it to cool for some time. Then cut it into slices and keep it aside.
5. To Prepare Pearl Couscous
In a medium saucepan, add half a cup of chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Into boiling chicken broth, add the pearl couscous. Turn down the heat to medium to low and allow it to cook for some time.
Once you put the saucepan to simmer, cover the couscous and allow it to cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Cook until the couscous has turned tender and has absorbed all of the liquid.
Once the couscous is well cooked, bring it down from the heat and, using a fork, fluff it well.
6. Add Butter & Parsley
Once you fluff the couscous well, add the butter and chopped parsley to it. Blend it well and keep it aside. Once done, feel free to customize the couscous by adding toasted pine nuts, sliced almonds, or chopped dried apricots for additional texture and flavor.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Variations Of Curry Chicken With Raisin Pearl Couscous
While the Curry Chicken with Raisin Pearl Couscous recipe is already a delightful dish on its own, there are several variations you can explore to add your own twist and cater to your preferences. Here are some ideas to inspire your culinary creativity:
You can substitute the chicken with tofu or chickpeas if you prefer a vegetarian version. Marinate the tofu or sauté the chickpeas in the same spice blend used for the chicken to infuse them with flavor.
For seafood enthusiasts, consider adding shrimp, scallops, or chunks of white fish to the curry sauce. Sauté the seafood separately until cooked, and stir it into the prepared curry sauce. Serve the seafood curry over the pearl couscous for a mouthwatering seafood-infused dish variation.
To complement this delicious Curry Chicken with Raisin Pearl Couscous, consider serving it with:
- Steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or carrots, add a pop of color and nutrients to your plate.
- A refreshing side salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
- Garlic naan bread or fluffy basmati rice to soak up the flavorful curry sauce.
Curry Chicken And Raisin Pearl Couscous Recipe
- Small Bowl
- Large Skillet
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (for taste)
For Pearl Couscous
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Raisins
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (chopped)
- Mix spices like curry powder, ground cumin, coriander powder, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Blend it well and set it aside.
- Use this mixture to marinate the chicken breast pieces. Coat it well and let it marinate for at least an hour or more.
- In a pan, add some olive oil and fry this chicken. Ensure that all sides are well cooked, and bring it done from the heat.
- In another saucepan, add some chicken broth. Once it starts to boil, add the couscous to it.
- Cook until the couscous has become tender and has absorbed all the water.
- Once done, fluff the couscous using a fork. Add some butter, raisins, and chopped parsley to it and mix it well.
- Serve the couscous along with some slice curry chicken.
Now that we have reached the end of the article, I hope I’ve given you a clear picture of how to cook this curry chicken and couscous.
This is one of my favorite meals and I often cook this when I have guests coming over. Make sure to try it at least once and let us know how much you enjoy it!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does couscous pair well with?
Couscous pair well with curry chicken.
In which cooking is couscous commonly used?
Couscous is widely used in North African cuisines.
Which is healthier rice or couscous?
Couscous has more nutritional value and is healthier than rice.
What does couscous taste like?
Couscous is nothing but pasta made from duram wheat and it has a slightly sweet and nutty flavor to it.