If you want to make a refreshing summer salad, the cucumber melon salad is a great one. It is a great no-cook recipe and is really easy to make. The addition of pistachios adds a great crunchy texture to the salad.
I also came to know about the health benefits of the Cucumber Melon Salad. So I’ll discuss it with you as well. It is high in nutrients and contains antioxidants. It promotes hydration and may aid in weight loss. It is high on the health and taste scale.
To make cucumber melon salad, toast the pistachios in the oven. In a small bowl, mix chile, vinegar, and honey to make the dressing. In a bowl, add chopped cucumber, melon and pistachios. Pour the dressing over the salad and garnish with cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper then, serve.
This was just a brief summary of the salad recipe. Find the complete recipe below.
1. Tomato Cucumber Salad– This is a very nutritious and refreshing salad. It needs simple and basic ingredients and gets prepared in no time.
2. Roasted Broccolini– Green vegetables are always a good choice for a healthy meal. Broccolini is a great choice if you want to eat veggies. Broccolini is the hybrid cultivation of Chinese cabbage and broccoli. It is also really easy to make roasted broccolini.
3. Grilled Fruit Salad– This is a really unique and delicious way to eat fruits. This fruit salad is really easy to make. The dressing of the salad is made of sugar syrup, lemon, and mint and adds a lot of flavor to the fruits.
4. Mixed Fruit Chaat– If you love fruits as much as I do then, this mixed fruit chaat recipe is the one for you. It has different kinds of fruits, tangy sauces and spices. It is colorful and delicious. It is also healthy.
Cucumber Melon Salad Recipe
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- 1 English Hothouse Cucumber
- ¼ Ripe Honeydew Melon
- ¼ cup Raw Pistachios
- ½ Jalapenos
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Freshly Ground Pepper
- 5 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Basil Leaves
- At 350°F, preheat the oven. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast pistachios for 10 minutes until they turn golden.
- In a small bowl, mix together chile, vinegar, and honey. Whisk the mixture constantly with salt and pepper.
- Take cucumber and melon and cut them into slices with a knife and place them in a large bowl with cheese, basil, pistachios. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Serve it immediately.
This was it about the cucumber melon salad. Do share your experience with me in the comment section. If you have any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments as well. I’ll make sure to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!